Inside: Led Sled Customs

As a dude trying to cover the chopper scene for the CC readership I have to say one of the most rewarding things is when I get a chance to do a feature on a company I know really deserves it. Pat Patterson and his merry band of chopping, fabricating and metal shaping men at Led Sled Customs have been a force in Sportster chopper culture for over a decade now. It’s hard to believe its been that long when you think about the relative youth of today’s growing chopper culture, but I guess it makes sense when you consider these bro’s were some of the original skate to ride guys; blaring chopper/ skate culture, affordable Sportsters and music everywhere they went.

One thing I have always liked about Led Sleds Customs is that they get around. With a fleet of vehicles for any occasion, Pat has never been shy about getting out to the events. Heck the Led Sleds Crew rolled in to the Greasy Dozen Run last year late night style on their way out of another event with a bus load of party goers, good vibes and amped us all up a notch. We were super pleased to have them and this year we are happy to welcome them aboard as a sponsor of the GD. The tribe continues to grow!

Pat said it well when he explained “I just took what I loved in my life and made it into a business and a lifestyle”. I interviewed him in his shop located in the basement of a building that used to be local corner store. The place is literally a stone’s through from the house he grew up in.  The place is crammed with equipment, inventory and activity.  Knowing how successful Led Sleds has been over the years, with countless trophies, big name builds, and dozens of magazine covers to their credit.  I could not help but wonder out loud “Why not expand the shop?” Pat looked up from his note pad (he never stopped working the whole time I was there), and said “You see this spot I’m standing in? I can see every machine and every employee and communicate with the entire operation, from here”. This is a well oiled machine and what looks like tight quarters to most is actually well organized chopper nerve center designed to keep cranking out awesome chopper parts and building bikes at the same time. I don’t just dish out the compliments because it’s my job, I have used one of Pat’s “Weld to Ride” Sportster hard tail kits and they are utterly fabulous. So well designed that even a complete novice or computer geek like me can pull it off.

Rather than cover the bikes, I wanted to show the inner working of the unique parts machine that is Led Sled Customs and I hope these gritty photos convey just how rad this space and the folks that work there are.

Till next time.

Keep it between the ditches and the shinny side up.

-Bear

Night out on the town with the Led Sled crew! (no Elvis is not staff)

Check out Led Sled Customs website and give them a follow on Facebook and Instagram.

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 03:38 am

Nice webitorial!

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 11:40 am

Thanks HardluckDesigns, I'm alway glad to hear when people like my writing. The comments section on features never tend to generate much unless someone chimes in with something offensive or complaining about the hip clothing someone is waring in the pictures. Sorry folks just dirty bikers here lol.

I am a little bummed though that no on noticed how sexy that Rex Harris guy looks while wrapping them pipes!

-Bear

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 11:58 am

Hell yeah! Stoked to see these good folks get some shine. Really pumped to be working with them!

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 07:49 pm

Good timing...I support led sleds they have always been solid dudes to me... pat took the time to talk to me one day about me making my own frame... he's got a business to run but he still took the time to sit with me on the phone and talk logistics about frame integrity and how to be successful in building my own... what a good dude to do that!!

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 07:49 pm

Commented on 2-28-2014 At 11:24 pm

Nothing to hate here only love, gotta love dudes that keep their home town running, these dudes represent all that is right with America right here

Commented on 3-2-2014 At 09:00 pm

stellar work and great easy to deal with staff...loving my knuckle busters

cheers from the great white north

Commented on 3-11-2014 At 07:31 pm

Awsome skills I rock a led sled patch on my coat everyday proud to be from Ohio I need some of them whiskey bent pipes watch for my order soon