CHOP CULT HOME
NEWS   FORUM   EVENTS   CLASSIFIEDS   BLOGDUMP   COMMUNITY   MEMBERS

Posted at 9:40 PM on December 17, 2010
So Squirts told a story about how he got his road name so it made me think about other road names and nick names I've heard. How did you get yours?
Posted at 9:44 PM on December 17, 2010
I got mine cause myself and some other VFW Warriors were hanging out drinking after one of our meetings and we started talking about food. Somebody was asking about that greek sandwich thing and then realized I am greek, so they asked me. I told them its called a gyro and pronounced more like hero. So that was that and now I'm known as Gyro. jsut like Squirts I was not happy with it but it stuck. Oh well at least my name ain't Doorstop.
Posted at 1:43 PM on December 19, 2010
=) Ya' know, tradition dictates that a roadname MUST be given by a friend or club brother. That's jus' tha' way it is... We may not like the roadname given, but it is what it is and to refuse it shows disrespect not only to the friends/ brothers who gave it but to tradition itself. I know there's other roadname stories out there, so don't be shy. Let's hear 'em. =) Respects, Squirts
Posted at 9:48 AM on December 21, 2010
Thats not official yet...ok and besides I was tired that day ok!
Posted at 9:42 PM on February 15, 2011
I was given the nickname Squirrel from the first LT I had in the Army. I was his Bradley driver and he said pronouncing my last name was a pain in the ass, and one day we are dicussing how some people in the platoon look like certain animals...so "Squirrel" it was for me.
Posted at 11:08 PM on March 13, 2012
Nothin' ever really stuck, sure I get called doc but so does every other Corpsman that's worth a shit. Try sayin' "Hey doc" in a fucking clinic and see how many jack holes turn around. Even before I was a Corpsman I'd just get called by my first name, never my last. Even the Marines that know me pretty well refer to me as doc Pete. Lame :(

NEWS   FORUM   EVENTS   CLASSIFIEDS   BLOGDUMP   COMMUNITY   MEMBERS
CHOP CULT HOME

Advertise    |    Contact    |    ©2009ChopCult    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct|    Privacy Policy

Chopcult on Facebook