Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rigatoni
    • Feb 2011

IRC tires for a 1980 KZ750 hardtail

hey all, been looking at getting new tires on the cheaper side for my 1980 KZ 750 hardtail, and i was checking out the IRC GS-11.
    Anyone got any opinion on these tires, for my application? From what i read off their site they are rated for small and medium bikes, and don't know if this will be okay on mine (which is striped down a ton from stock obviously)
    Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated or other good tire suggestions?? my choice would be some avon speedmasters and safety milelage, i just dont have that cash right now
  • rustrocket84
    • Aug 2009

I don't have any experience with them. So far all I've run on my bikes have been Avon, Dunlop (factory tires) and Metzeler ME880's. check out www.cyclegear.com and look up street tires and sort it by the cheapest. They put stuff on sale all the time and I even picked up a ME880 front tire for $75

Comment

• marcuswing
      • Mar 2010

Throw up a picture of your KZ!

Originally posted by rigatoni
      hey all, been looking at getting new tires on the cheaper side for my 1980 KZ 750 hardtail, and i was checking out the IRC GS-11.
      Anyone got any opinion on these tires, for my application? From what i read off their site they are rated for small and medium bikes, and don't know if this will be okay on mine (which is striped down a ton from stock obviously)
      Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated or other good tire suggestions?? my choice would be some avon speedmasters and safety milelage, i just dont have that cash right now

Comment

• BillyT
        • Dec 2010

What size wheels?

Comment

• Tito
          • May 2010

I don't have that model tire, but I do have a pair of IRC GP-1's on my sl350, and I like them. Good quality compared to price.

Comment

• rigatoni
            • Feb 2011

check my albums!

Originally posted by marcuswing
            Throw up a picture of your KZ!
            i posted some picks in my albums

Comment

• rigatoni
              • Feb 2011

size of rims

My rim size is 19 inch front and 18 inch rear that i just got. haven't put em on yet, i changed from a 16 inch rear. also changed from mags to spokes just cause of size

Comment

• payupcycles
                • Aug 2009

i have a brand new set of those tires
                got them from the owner when i bought my sr500
                but havent mounted them and probably wont
                pm me if you want them

Comment

• WOMPY
                  • Aug 2009

I have the 19" up front and changed the rear 16" to a Conti twin K112. I will change the front too asap. I don't like how the irc handles the corners.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;