Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sects
    • Feb 2011

Luckily, I live in Utah... DOT isn't required, helmets in general aren't required...

Anyone know if old DOT helmets still carry their DOT?

Also, Simpson helmets are made in America... Can't find an open faced from them though. Anyone ever seen a 3/4 made by Simpson?

Comment

• SouthernSon
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Sects
      Luckily, I live in Utah... DOT isn't required, helmets in general aren't required...

Anyone know if old DOT helmets still carry their DOT?

Also, Simpson helmets are made in America... Can't find an open faced from them though. Anyone ever seen a 3/4 made by Simpson?
      Auto racing and karting suits, shoes, gloves, underwear, helmets, seats, harnesses, accessories; OMP, Bell, Alpinestars, Sparco, Stilo, Arai, G-Force, and more.

Comment

• MikeD
        • Jul 2009

Thanks for all the support on the Hustler. We really do appreciate the kind words and know that we need all the help we can get if we are going to be a contender in the helmet game.

Comment

• Sects
          • Feb 2011

This would be awesome for auto-cross... Not so much motorcycle. Thanks though! Biltwell seems to be the jam. My decision is made on the Hustler.

Comment

• jluck27
            • Aug 2009

The Bell 500 has a crappy fit and sucks in the wind. I've had the Hustler since it's come out and it way superior in my opinon.

Comment

• moondawg
              • Jan 2011

you don't know but ,, go for the hustler , i have one, and i have had lot's of helmet's,it fit's real gooder

Comment

• moondawg
                • Jan 2011

i meant you don't know me but soory

Comment

• TemeculaTerry
                  • Jul 2009

I can go 25mph faster with the Biltwell hustler on...... I N D I E

Honestly, I have held both, they are both nice and both are made well. I think the biggest question to ask yourself before you purchase products such as a helmet is; who supports you and who you should support!
                  Last edited by TemeculaTerry; 03-21-2011, 1:58 PM.

Comment

• Sects
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TemeculaTerry
                    I can go 25mph faster with the Biltwell hustler on...... I N D I E

Honestly, I have held both, they are both nice and both are made well. I think the biggest question to ask yourself before you purchase products such as a helmet is; who supports you and who you should support!
                    I'm not worried about weight for SPEED... I'm talking comfort. Ha!

As far as who supports me and who should I support... I'm pretty sure the majority of people on here support the Indie scene. I myself run an indie shop.....

Comment

• Sects
                      • Feb 2011

and then there was Lick's Cycles..............

Comment

• MotherFuckingMike
                        • Feb 2011

Problem with the licks is they are pre-order only. If you don't mind waiting 1-1 1/2 months for one then your golden.

Comment

• Sects
                          • Feb 2011

Yeah, just saw that... I should have read a little further into it. I have time to wait right now. I just can't cross state lines until I get a DOT helmet. Booooooooring.

$90 ain't that bad for a new helmet that looks pretty slick... If you've got the time to wait.

Comment

• playtheblues1
                            • Aug 2010

What type chin strap fastener does the Biltwell have? D rings or plastic snaps?

Bill in SC

Comment

• Sects
                              • Feb 2011

BAM!!! BIG BIG THANKS TO AJ FROM LICK'S FOR GETTING THIS SENT TO ME WITH THE QUICKNESS VIA EMAIL.

This is a dude's post from "Helmets: Anything relating to."
                              ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

AJ from Lick's emailed me the link. I'm not such a skinny faced guy, but this is awesome. Similar to the Biltwell comparison picture, but in my opinion, more of what consumer's would be looking for.

Check it out.

Comment

• Beefdrippings
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Sects
                                BAM!!! BIG BIG THANKS TO AJ FROM LICK'S FOR GETTING THIS SENT TO ME WITH THE QUICKNESS VIA EMAIL.

This is a dude's post from "Helmets: Anything relating to."
                                ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

AJ from Lick's emailed me the link. I'm not such a skinny faced guy, but this is awesome. Similar to the Biltwell comparison picture, but in my opinion, more of what consumer's would be looking for.

Check it out.

That's the page I told you about but you didn't want to search for yourself.Ha!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;