Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHead
    • Nov 2009

Opinions on fenderless rear ends.

And I don't mean skinny women with no butts.

I'm seeing more and more guys riding sans the rear fender.

So pipe up and let me know your opinions, horror stories, amusing anecdotes on the subject.

Is it worth it or more of a pain in the ass, pardon the pun.

• jrotten1369
    • Dec 2009

Personally I think they look ridiculous.This fad will be over the very minute someone finally slides off the seat and has their crotch and asshole removed.

Comment

• jluck27
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jrotten1369
      Personally I think they look ridiculous.This fad will be over the very minute someone finally slides off the seat and has their crotch and asshole removed.
      +1

I think it looks stupid. I mean when you take a piss you don't piss all over your leg, so why ride a bike where you sling shit all over yourself.

Comment

• Hooligan80
        • Jul 2010

Sans rear fender= Eventual do it yourself vasectomy

Comment

• jrhamilton80
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jluck27
          I mean when you take a piss you don't piss all over your leg...
          You don't know me !

Comment

• nerdsports
            • Mar 2010

This crap makes me cringe... Especially when I see their shirt or wallet chain flying around the rear tire. Aesthetically, I think it makes the rear of the bike look unfinished.

Comment

• Sects
              • Feb 2011

Agree with all above... Fenders are there to protect the rider... No front is a face full of water, no rear is a colostomy bag waiting to happen.

Comment

• jrhamilton80
                • Sep 2009

I don't know fellas, I mean an open chain could be dangerous, an open primary could be dangerous, riding without a helmet could be dangerous... If I didn't do something because it might be dangerous, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend much time on a motorcycle at all.

And as far as it looking unfinished, one might make the argument that a bike sans a fairing & windshield looks unfinished. They would obviously be retarded and way wrong, but the argument could be made.

I say run what you want. You like the looks of no fender & are OK with the increased risk of shaving your taint a little, rock on! What looks cool to one guy may not do it for another, but hell, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LIKE MY BIKE ANYWAY!!!

Chop on, brothers.

Comment

• LDNCLR
                  • Nov 2009

I cant remember being awestruck over any bikes with out rear fenders. Looks unfinished. And I havent had kids yet, so I plan on keeping my junk working.

Comment

• HWC
                    • Aug 2009

another fad to be bad

Comment

• deadman13
                      • Aug 2009

even if the argument could be made about it being unfished, and/or unsafe i like to think of practical.

a) no place to put bitches, and if she doesnt mind riding the wheel then theres nothing you're going to be able to do for her

b) no place to stack gear, so long trips are out. let me know how good those throw overs work...

c) youre going to be a fairweather rider, that coupled with the fact you cant put shit to go camping (see c) and you might as well buy a Big Dog, since itll rarely see the light of day anyway.

d) even if you can fashion a nut retention system (patent pending) its not fun trying to ride a bike with sand/rocks/road shit hitting you in the back of the head. constantly. epecially here with horse shit/piss all over the roads.

if you see my bike without a fender, its either because its getting worked on (unfinished) and will have a fenderr soon, or i tried to bring home a really fat chick and, well...

Comment

• turbonate
                        • Sep 2010

i need to make diamond plate underwear and sell it in the horse .............

Comment

• hornbeck
                          • Nov 2010

There are 4 or 5 softtails running fender-less in my town. I'm all for doing your own thing but this is one fad that doesn't make any sense to me. To each his own I guess.

Comment

• MegaDON666
                            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by deadman13
                            even if the argument could be made about it being unfished, and/or unsafe i like to think of practical.

a) no place to put bitches, and if she doesnt mind riding the wheel then theres nothing you're going to be able to do for her

b) no place to stack gear, so long trips are out. let me know how good those throw overs work...

c) youre going to be a fairweather rider, that coupled with the fact you cant put shit to go camping (see c) and you might as well buy a Big Dog, since itll rarely see the light of day anyway.

d) even if you can fashion a nut retention system (patent pending) its not fun trying to ride a bike with sand/rocks/road shit hitting you in the back of the head. constantly. epecially here with horse shit/piss all over the roads.

if you see my bike without a fender, its either because its getting worked on (unfinished) and will have a fenderr soon, or i tried to bring home a really fat chick and, well...
                            +1 same thing with sissy bars, some people hate them, but you cant deny thier practicality

Comment

• harvcore117
                              • Sep 2009

How does a fender that stops at the top of the tire stop water from getting on you? A bike with no rear fender looks unfinished? A VAST majority of bikes on here have no front fender. The whole term CHOPPER is to chop off what the rider deems un-needed or useless, what those items are is up to him.

If you're riding and get caught in the rain than no fenders are a mute point. I run a rear fender, but a small exstention to your seat to fill the gap if you didn't would be a good addition.

As for being a trend or for shock value that is just ones opinion. I would think all stripped down bikes with loud pipes, open belts, no front fender are for shock and look at me value.

As another poster sugested even if you have fenders it makes no differance when it's a Big Dog because sun rays never see it, so your BITCH never gets on

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;