X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MulletDeathMachine
    • Feb 2023

Based in the Sonoran desert.

I'm a prior service - aircraft mechanic gone CNC machinist in training. Got into motorcycles when i got out and after "customizing" an '01 sportster with a plethora of parts from lowbrow, tc, prism, and other smaller retailers I've got the bug to finally move forward with a real custom chop. pictured below my '01 softail sporty and my friends soon to be chopped honda shadow vlx 600.

edited in -

curious about whether buying a donor bike like a softail and swapping everything over would make more sense vs just buying parts and piecing together a franken bike - either way it'll end up with a special construction title.

Click image for larger version

Name:	296035333_589623529432594_2281323725316976494_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1323481
    Last edited by MulletDeathMachine; 02-06-2023, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• TriNortchopz
      • Dec 2017

for the Shadow, seen this place?

TJ Brutal Customs
      "We now sell over 150 custom quality parts at affordable prices for the Honda Shadow Line and several other makes and models. we are ever expanding our parts line so keep an eye out for new stuff! "
      TJ Brutal Customs - Shop Hundreds of Aftermarket Motorcycle Parts & Motorcycle Accessories At Fair Prices - Find Deals Up To 70% Off Site Wide - Shipping World Wide - Gas Tanks - Exhaust - Handlebars - Performance Parts - Fenders - Bobber Parts - Chopper Parts & More + FAST FREE SHIPPING Available
      If buildin' old school choppers was easy, anyone could do it... ain't nobody said it's gonna be easy...

Comment

• BasqueRust
        • Sep 2023

Ron from Zuia in the Basque Country.

Got a 99 sporty last year and started a cheapo build, it was only a matter of time to end up here.Click image for larger version  Name:	1692087724505.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	1349697

Comment

• Therealmac
          • Jun 2019

Hey everyone. Been a long while since I posted, life got in the way, so I'll just re-do this.

i am rebuilding a 1972XLCH. I currently have the cases split and am in need of a machine shop recommendation before I can do much else. When I recieved the engine, there was a broken oil pump stud closest to the flywheel. I took it to a shop in another state to have it repaired awhile back. Quality job, except it's off center and now I can't mount my pump.

while that is on the back burner, i am also building a 92XLH. It was gifted to me from an old army buddy. I recently pulled the engine from the frame after i got it started. It sat outside being neglected since 2017 and hasn't been able to start since 2013. I got it running and idling smooth. I'm going to try to get the roller together this winter so ill have something other than my old man bike next summer.

Im trying to keep both these as in house as possible. But it's a little hard. I can't weld, and my garage only has a 30amp breaker. So I'm going to use a gasbox frame until I can get comfortable enough to build my own frames. I'm going to get some painthuffer spray can paint and try to teach myself a passable garage paint job for the cool guy tins when I get those. I replaced the covering on the dash panel on my 78 bronco and built matching interior rear quarter panels. So I'd like to attempt to build the seat as well.

right now I'm kinda at a holding pattern waiting on funds. I'll try to get some pictures put together soon. I've been documenting most of everything as I go.

Comment

• 80fxwg
            • Aug 2023

Hey guys. New to the forum. Inherited my dad's 1980 wide glide, she needs work. Getting delivered in Tempe AZ from Wisconsin this afternoon.

Had an 82 fxr about 10 years ago, never ending project, hard to find parts. Learned a ton but was glad to see it go. Used to be on shovelhead.net forum back then.

Current main bike is a 1995 fxdwg.

Comment

• 7and7is
              • Dec 2012

Welcome to the forum, its pretty quite around here (cue the crickets), however; a lot of knowledge around here.

Comment

• DustyDave
                Super Moderator
                • Oct 2012

Off center is not a quality job! Avoid that shop like the plague in the future. What size is the stud? Did they put a thread insert in the case? Pictures? Proly oughter start a new thread.
                Dusty
                Driving that train, high on cocaine
                Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
                Trouble ahead, trouble behind
                And you know that notion just crossed my mind​

Comment

• misfitJason
                  • Sep 2009

Welcome! Pics please!!

Comment

• Therealmac
                    • Jun 2019

Originally posted by DustyDave
                    Off center is not a quality job! Avoid that shop like the plague in the future. What size is the stud? Did they put a thread insert in the case? Pictures? Proly oughter start a new thread.
                    Dusty
                    Yeah they put a threaded insert in. It's just off enough that the screw binds instead of threading. THAT shop is a thing of the past. I'm pretty sure the screws are your standard 1/4x20, but if need to double check it.

Comment

• BuxBitza
                      • Mar 2015

http://

http://

Comment

• Leprosy
                        • Oct 2023

Floyd in Idaho here.
                        Got my first Harley last year after riding sport bikes in my 20s. It's an Evo Sportster with a shitload of Lowbrow parts on it. Kind of a hooligan build if I had to describe it. I like the bike a lot, but it also inspired me to build my own monstrosity the way I want it done. So I picked up another Evo Sportster a few weeks ago from some dude who didn't know what the fuck he was doing (it felt like rescuing an abused puppy) and stripped a bunch of bullshit off of her. The plan is to do a full hardtailed, skinny, long-forked hellraiser of a chopper. I'm beyond stoked to get it going over the winter.
                        Looking forward to asking a lot of dumb questions. Thanks for having me.

Comment

• Donstsnj
                          • Oct 2023

Where do we begin.. Don from NJ. Currently in the process of tearing my evo apart and building a rigid - expect some questions!

Also have a 97 Dyna w/1503 big bore that i've rebuild basically from the ground up and my "dont have to tinker with it" is a nice, fresh new bonneville t120.

Love the sporty but it doesnt get the love it used to do to my other bikes, time to rebuild!

Comment

• Bronx Bagger
                            • Oct 2023

Hi from WI, my name is Dave and have been riding bikes for years now. I am just starting to do some research on what I hope will be an exciting project I have wanted to do for some time. I am very green and hoping to learn a lot from you knowledge people, thanks for having me!

Comment

• Scaryratflea
                              • Oct 2023

Hey everyone, I’m James. I’m out near Killeen Tx and I’m working on a rigid Shovelhead at the moment.

Comment

• Lizamiles
                                • Sep 2023

Hi everyone, I am Liza miles newbie here. I'm looking forward to swapping stories, sharing tips, and soaking up the collective wisdom of this incredible group. Whether you're a seasoned rider or just getting started, let's connect and keep the passion for two wheels alive.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;