CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hi, new member from San Diego. Had several sportbikes in the past. Sold them all and now in search for a shovelhead. Hoping to gain some knowledge from fellow members here and one day contribute back.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hello, everyone, My name is Mike, I live in Lake Luzerne, NY. A country boy in the mountains. I have been working on/off bikes since the late 80's/early 90's. I am on the Fb page, too. I am looking forward to being here and getting to know everyone and helping when/ where I can, as well as getting help working on my projects. Thank you.

Get Adobe Flash player

Not new but I have been gone since 2013, so I'll reintroduce myself. Navy Vet and former full time motorcycle mechanic and MMI grad (2002) living in Mission, KS. Currently working in the highspeed processing and automation industry. Building an XS650 rigid.

Hey guys! New guy here from Albuquerque, NM.

Just picked up my first Harley, a '78 FXE, back in July. Got what I thought to be a pretty good deal on it from a bud. Bike was kind of a basket case, and hadn't been running in a few years, but it was complete, and the bones were right. The dude I bought it from had started to swap the fat bobs out for a sporty tank, and never finished the job. When I got ahold of it, there was a sporty tank included, but not mounted, and the dash was still hanging from the harness, but not wired correctly, which is where he had stopped.

Got it running pretty quick, including the necessary fabrication to mount a new ignition switch, the tank, and some seat mounting work.

I'll start a build thread in the appropriate forum with some more details and pics. Work in progress, but it gets me to and from work, and occasionally up the mountain.

Hey all, new guy here from Oakland, Ca. I roll a 91 Sportster, my ol' reliable and two projects that I am hoping with some help, can find the direction to go with them.

Us chest thumpin vegas kids are hosting a pretty sweet cycle swap! it will be held at the oldest bar on the las vegas strip. they have a huge parking lot for anyone and everyone who wants to bring there old parts out and buy,sell, or trade them. it will be the first sunday of every month starting Sept 6th.Bluestacks 3Omegle APKCanli Mac Izle
    There will be no spot fee's. kind
    Last edited by mikestanley464; 12-24-2020 at 5:35 PM.

Zach From NH aswell! Just joined the page. Great information.

Sup....living in Meridian Idaho. Been building bikes for quite a few years...most recently finished up a bike for the Bonneville salt flats and picked up a 93 sportster that I am currently building. Before these 2 bikes, i have had various japanese bikes and a 75 shovel that i should have never parted with. Here is the current project. Great to be here..love the forum

New guy here in FL. Currently riding a 09 Dyna Super Glide and thinking of building a bike from scratch with several custom fabrications down to the blinkers.

FNG from Durango Colorado.

My bike spent the first 15 years of its life in Austin. I've been up in the Rockies for a few years, but am just finally getting around to rebuilding it to suit the gravel and dirt roads at 8000'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201114_144959.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	107441

Name:	20201114_145504.jpg 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	107442

Hey, my name is Charlie Buzzard. I'm new to motorcyles, but I have been building vintage mopeds for the last ten years. Some of which have been choppers! I have a new to me 1979 Sportster, with rabbits and an 8+ front end. I'm looking to do the bastard job of hard tailing this thing and building the chopper of my dreams! I'm definitely a forum nerd so you may see a lot from me in the coming months. Loads of researching and asking questions that I can't find already in the archives.

Name:	129216538_844153283066687_8475597885284802797_n.jpg 
Size:	324.4 KB 
ID:	107599
    Last edited by CharlieBuzzard; 12-09-2020 at 10:21 AM.

JayTyrrell

Hey Jay here from Canada! Just hoping to make some connections and learn some shit.

Hello and thanks for the add. Im a disabled vet with two Harley's currently Road Glide and a Springer Heritage. Joined the forum because I want to build a killer chopper. I have spoke with some and will be having a roller built by Sugar Bear with a 40 over front end. We are trying to nail down the rest of my frame size. I'm 6'6 300lb and really like the look of classic long 70s bikes with king and queen seats. I look forward to reading and getting advice on my build.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome home brother and thank you for your sacrifice. There is so much talent on this site it will blow you away. What motor are you thinking about?

kara1

DR I live near Daytona Beach, I like to build bikes and ride as much as possible. Currently rebuilding my Triumph chopper I'v had for 12 years, this is the second time. Thanks!

Happy to be here. Mark from Toronto.
    Been working on my first full build, a 87 Sporty Bobber. It’s in a zillion pieces in my garage, so I’m looking forward to some help and support here to get it back together!

Get Adobe Flash player

Hi guys,

I just want to introduce myself... My name is Jackie and together with my husband we run a small Yamaha parts online shop - Sumo Rubber.

I don't want this to be a sales pitch, basically we love the classic bikes and happened to come across a business proposition where we could sell Yamaha rubber parts as a retailer. We know that most of you can probably clean up the main bike parts and source out the nuts and bolts, but it is had to manufacture at home the all important obsolete*rubber dampers, grommets, bushings, footrest rubbers etc. that make riding the bike pleasure not pain! And that is where we come in.

So far we are concentrating on Yamaha parts only with hope to expand to other Japanese brands in future, thus the name of our company Sumo Rubber.

All that I'm expecting from joining your forum is monitor the market to see what parts you guys need so we can see if we can get them reproduced and added to the stock, with the odd help if*anyone is looking*for something we already have. So if you are struggling to find a rubber part for your classic bike, please get in touch!

Thank you. Jackie

chazz

hi from england
    names chazz in the process of building an 82 ironhead chop/bobber,

Name:	IMG_1756.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	302.9 KB 
ID:	108001
    sorry thats my 73 sporty
    Last edited by chazz; 01-04-2021 at 3:10 AM.

I'm from London, England. Been around Harleys and other bikes for.. oh, a long while now. I don't really do choppers but I've had experience of stripped older bikes in my time. Riding a Sportster 883 just now, '92 XL that I've been debugging for a while, undoing the various changes done by the PO and it goes pretty well now. Bought it mostly because it was a UK-registered bike, not an import with pretty good paperwork that showed it had run fairly consistently over a long period.

Bike presently has a Supertrapp 2:1 exhaust with 18 discs and closed end cap, some softer brake pads I bought somewhere on line and Avon Cobra tyres. I sorted out the forks and suspension, it was very low when I got it but it's back to stock height now, including 12.75" rear Hagons, Hagon front springs and Ricor Intiminators. Right now it's in the workshop having some minor welding to fit a 60s bench seat, because I like them.
    Last edited by 45Brit; 01-17-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Hey! Just wanted to do a quick intro. Im Harley and live in Florida. I recently acquired my late fathers 77 FXE which he bought new and has had ever since. Although I am not new to bikes, I am fairly new to wrenching on them. I have been doing a little work getting the ol' super glide back on the road. Im have a blast with it although I am constantly coming up with more questions than answers. Looking forward to picking some of your brains. Thanks!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bike.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	299.8 KB 
ID:	108202

Share This