CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

more of a lurker than a poster... halfway thru a suzuki vz800 rebuild and just picked up an xs650 to build a mean scoot...

So I've been lurking for quite some time. Figured I'd do an intro. My name is John Ryan, I am from Nanaimo B.C. I'm an electrician by trade and a musician I play bagpipes drums and guitar among other things. I currently Live in Lacombe Alberta. so I've always loved Harleys never owned a bike, and recently my girlfriend's sister gave me an 82 honda nighthawk 6cb650sc. It has 3800km on it and it's barely ever been ridden. Registered in Yukon lol with a 2 month riding season. Anyways this is me.

Get Adobe Flash player

Lurkings kewl, you get to gleam all the insight. Welcome to the Cult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythunder View Post
    So I've been lurking for quite some time. Figured I'd do an intro. My name is John Ryan, I am from Nanaimo B.C. I'm an electrician by trade and a musician I play bagpipes drums and guitar among other things. I currently Live in Lacombe Alberta. so I've always loved Harleys never owned a bike, and recently my girlfriend's sister gave me an 82 honda nighthawk 6cb650sc. It has 3800km on it and it's barely ever been ridden. Registered in Yukon lol with a 2 month riding season. Anyways this is me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike1.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	59351Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	59352

whats up gents, been reading on the forums the past few weeks which led me to buy my first bike. It's a 1982 honda cm450c, which I am currently turning into my bobber. Excited to be a member and learn some great stuff.

Default G'day!

Hi all! I'm in Sydney (Australia) and am looking forward to get back into completing my '72 Tiger chop. I started the build in late 2010 before a motor bike accident in 2011 destroyed my shoulder. 9 months off work and 2 operations later I was able to make some progress but living in a 3rd floor unit that had a shed with no power (at least I had a shed) as well as trying to change career meant limited time and no $ for the past few years.

I'm hoping to get back into it now that I have finally got a full time job as well as moving out of the inner city suburbs to an outer suburb close to some great riding (as far as Sydney goes).

Any way, here's the Tiger...

I like choppers of the 60s & 70s and am hoping to have a King/Queen seat on the tiger although local rego laws dictate I must have a sprung seat. I will aim to build a King/Queen seat that looks 'normal' but has internal springing. I will also have a sissy bar.

The motor is a '73 TR6RV running a Hunt maggy and close ratio gearbox. The front has been raked although I am yet to measure the rake. The rear wheel is 16" and the rear has a 2" drop & 6" stretch. The photo shows the loud 2 into 1 that was on it when I got it but had to change back to stock style twin pipes so I could get it through rego when I bought it.

I will raise the front of the fuel tank so the bottom of the tank follows the bottom of the top tube.

I'm undecided on the bars at the moment as I continually change my mind...

I have an aluminium 'beer barrel' oil tank for it as well to increase the oil capacity as Sydney riding can mean long stops in traffic during hot weather although my move to the outer suburbs means a lot less of that

My daily driver in the mean time is a '94 FXDS Convertible which is basically stock except for a Mikiuni & mufflers. I have an FLH guard that I have modified and an FXDL tank that I have raised at the front that I have yet to paint and fit. They were in primer but I left them too long and rust crept in so it will be back to scratch

hey all. Im mattmark, out of philadelphia. I ride an 87 sportster 883 with a 1200 kit on it. no pictures at the moment as iv been balls deep in trying to get some issues sorted with it. Appreciate the opportunity to lurk.

Get Adobe Flash player

hows it going, my brothers? been lurking for a bit and like what i been seeing, so i took the plunge and joined up. im wrenching on a 04 santee hardtail, originally built for a customer so thats why theres so many things i dont like ( such as paint, wheels, bars,etc...)--it was his build, so his specs.

anyway long story short i never got paid for the build, he got spinal stenosis and cant ride anymore, and i ended up buying out his share ( parts wise ) and been playing with it ever since. its got a total of 214 miles and starts right up, plates are in storage but im workin on her to get it where i want it and then put it back on the streets.

in the last month, i have tossed the front fender into the corner of the garage, welded a 3 ft tall sissybar out of leftover scrap from when i built the trailer ( 12 fricken years ago! see, THATS why ya never toss anything out...) retrofitted a mid 80's zuki savage 650 king/queen seat onto the ass end, welded up some drop/offset pegs for the wife ( 200 tire so the LH frame has a 1.5 kickout to compensate for. ), rigged a primary guard for the open belt so it wont eat my pant leg anymore, ( also from leftover scrap metal, yay ! ) swapped the 42 mikuni for a new 45 mikuni with a K&N filter and tossed the "J.J. / WCC" iron cross air cleaner with the brillo pad filter in the rubbish, etc etc etc......

now im waiting on more parts, should be showing up any day...

Name:	mychopper5.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	59537

Name:	mychopper3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	59538

Name:	mychopper4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	59539

Hi all from Madrid, Spain.

I'm the owner of a yellow Sporty'01
    All my life I rode in different kind of bikes, but It's my first Harley... and I'm sure not the last.

We have a lot of problems to customize our motorbikes in my country, because for example it's ilegal: sidemount plate, rigid frame,... you can imagine the rest.

Pics of my bike. The next steps: seat, handlebars, grips and rear fender to get a Japannese style.

I love the "Do it your self" Culture in my bike. This is the reason I love this kind of forums.

Beers for everybody.

Name:	IMG_1694_2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	59566

Name:	10956838_197398050430604_23043981_n.jpg 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	59567

Get Adobe Flash player

Hello Chop Cult Thanks for Having Me

Brand new here. And in LA. Hoping to get some tech tips and meet some folks to go to swap meets with. I've got a slab shovel that I just rebuilt and a pan survivor I'm doing a few things to. Nothing serious but I really enjoy em. Thanks again, Buddy Boy

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey guys after countless hours of creeping, reading, searching, and learning... figured I would break down and just sign up.

I'm Cody and I live in Eastern Oklahoma. Normal riding area is Fayetteville AR and the surrounding region. Will be packing up for Ardmore OK at the end of May for Just Kickers and hope to meet some fellow Oklahoma riders.

Also wanted to say hats off to the guys who post in the tech forum. I have spent most of my time in that area of the site and you have made my life so much easier and saved me from learning some things the hard way. Thanks guys.

Get Adobe Flash player

Whats up Chop Cult Lurkers, Bobby here in NYC/Queens, ready to ride, and chill, Thinking about heading out to RIDE TO SKATE 9 PHILLY in a couple weeks, mostly i try to ride out of the city on the weekends and keeping it local -- Brooklyn, Jones Beach, Montauk, Rockaway Beach, Astoria Skatepark, LES Skatepark, BLACK BEAR BAR, LUCKY 7 BAR JERSEY CITY moto Mondays

Default re-intro

Just let everyone know that I have been on here as zero hero but my email was hacked and phone took a dump, so I had to create a new account

Get Adobe Flash player

sup guys... im new to the forum, but I have been lurking since last year. Been riding for a while, and this is my third bike. vt600
    ill post a thread of my build once I get the loot for a welder.
    what the bitch looks like as of right now

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey my names Mick from leeton (Australia). Got a 92 1200 sportster that I've been making slow progress on over the last couple of months and still got a lot more to do.

Name:	sporty.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	59702Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sporty.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	59702

Get Adobe Flash player

Default fBrilliant, Katy, Texas

Hey, fBrilliant here. Living in Katy, Texas, a little town west of Houston. I bought a basket case 77 Sportster last summer and finished it this winter. Been lurking here since July, i think, and posted a few things. Photos are posted on my profile.

What's upguys my name is Ralph I ride a 77 shovel I finished building like 9mo ago we ride around Ocala fl but I thought I try joining a group that's more of my style around here if it's not a bagger ur not cool lol that's why I'm always looking for chopper events anyway thanks for the opportunity to be one of yall hope to meet a few cats out on the road thanks again

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey guys,

My name is Rob. I ride a 2013 Phantom. I just recently decided to start changing it out and making it more my speed. I'm here to learn and be inspired. Any help is great.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cleanfrontview.jpg 
Size:	316.9 KB 
ID:	59752

Get Adobe Flash player

Hello chaps. I'm Andy from Dorset,England. I ride an Enfield bullet chop,an old gs 550 with sidecar for my dog, and am putting together a gn400 cafe/brat.
    Love the look of this forum and some of you have had me laughing so hard these last couple of weeks,so thanks for that.
    All the best.

Howdy...I'm Brian from the great Hoosier state or Indiana if that makes it easier. Currently have a Soft ail Deluxe but I just picked up a Street Bob that I'may getting ready to deconstruct and make it into my bike. I'm here to try and learn about springer front ends to put under it, so any knowledge would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

What's up everyone, the names Ryan. I reside in the Northern California. Picked up a untouched 76 fxe frame a while back. Been building slowly and learning as I go. looking forward to learning some cool shit here.

Share This