Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnpagn
    • Nov 2010

Giving a shot at mod'ing my stock xs650 tank

I havent seen anyone running a modded xs650 tank or for that matter anyone trying to make one so I thought I'd try.

This being my first attempt ,well I'v got my fingers crossed.

So far I'v cut the bottom out and cut 5 inches out of the length. Then the front half was wider then the back so I had to take 1and 1/4 out of the center .

I think its looking kool so far but we'll see tomorrow when I start to braze it back together. Hoping it dosent end up looking look the work of Dr. Frankenstein
    Maybe I'l even remember to take pics

Any one try this before or seen one ? Got any tips for a noob ?
  • Bloodhound
    • Aug 2009

Watch the videos by 79special. Youtube.

Comment

• johnpagn
      • Nov 2010

Thanks Blood hound that guys work makes me look retarded. Wish I had his skills.

Comment

• johnpagn
        • Nov 2010

I have the same thread going on xs650.com and just posted my pics if anyone wants to see them.

Let me know what u think.

I havent seen anyone running a modded xs tank or for that matter anyone trying to make one so I thought I'd try. This being my first attempt ,well I'v got my fingers crossed. So far I'v cut the bottom out and cut 5 inches out of the length. Then the front half was wider then the back so I...

Comment

• Bloodhound
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by johnpagn
          Thanks Blood hound that guys work makes me look retarded. Wish I had his skills.
          I checked out your photos. I am sorry to say but I am going to have to agree with you.

You made all those cuts to go around things like the gas cap. It will be pretty hard to get things to match without a tone of patchwork.

You are ready for try number two.

Comment

• johnpagn
            • Nov 2010

Ya, your right cutting around things was a mistake I wouldnt do again. What a pain in the a$$ that turned out to be.

I do need to do some patching but I'm not giving up yet. At the very least I'll have a far better feel for doing this again after this

I now see why ppl use those simple flat bottom tanks tho , much easier.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;