Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northlandak
    • Oct 2009

Shovel - Dual Plug Heads

When you run Dual plug heads on an 80" - do you use the same plugs it originally called for , or a different plug , I'm assuming 4 stock plugs but just thought i'd ask if anyone knew different....
  • TroubleLeather1
    • Aug 2009

Thats what i've done.....Don't know if it's right or not hahaha but it'd fire off on the 1st-2nd kick everytime so i kept it

Comment

• Tito
      • May 2010

That's what I did on my ironhead.

Comment

• ironhead303
        • Feb 2010

ya my dual plug shovel that cory owns now had 4 of the same plugs,

Comment

• MegaDON666
          • Jul 2010

How hard is it to put in dual plugs? Or should I send them to someone?

Comment

• northlandak
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MegaDON666
            The head is machined between the pushrod tubes to acccept a plug. STD makes really nice heads , ported polished with better exhaust ports .

Comment

• Longo
              • Nov 2010

that's what I did in my 96" evo road burner engine- it worked fine and passed AZ's stupid ass emissions testing. btw that engine might go up for sale.

Comment

• BigMikeOlley
                • Apr 2024

My machine shop fitted my heads for 12mm plug. They are easier to remove from between the pushrod covers than stock shovel size.

Comment

• SportsterBob
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MegaDON666
                  Don't try it by yourself..... would be my advice

thats how it should look like.
                  My heads have been drilled out for dual plugs, but I'm running deco. valves instead.

Comment

• TroubleLeather1
                    • Aug 2009

don't mean to hijack but .....i'm about 90% done with my shovel & i still havent found a good spot to relocat the second coil.....Can you run just one set of plugs and coil with the right side plugs just acting as a "plug" ?? Not hooked up? should'nt hurt anything right? I'm going to cut the frame and hardtail it after summer so then i'll figure a place for the second coil. Has anyone ever used the Dyna twin fire coil for dual plugs on a shovel?

Comment

• BullDog
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TroubleLeather1
                      don't mean to hijack but .....i'm about 90% done with my shovel & i still havent found a good spot to relocat the second coil.....Can you run just one set of plugs and coil with the right side plugs just acting as a "plug" ?? Not hooked up? should'nt hurt anything right? I'm going to cut the frame and hardtail it after summer so then i'll figure a place for the second coil. Has anyone ever used the Dyna twin fire coil for dual plugs on a shovel?
                      Yeah man, no problem with the 'dummy' plugs. That's how the troublewhore is setup right now. I'm just running the left side off of the mag.

Comment

• Revelator
                        • Aug 2009

TROUBLELEATHER1:
                        I ran the dyna twin fire coil (4 tower) on my pan motor with single fire, dual plug heads.
                        the setup worked brilliantly. recently I switched over to a magneto so I pulled it.
                        they make it in a dual tower which you could run if your ignition is setup for dual fire.

Comment

• NickHaints
                          • Aug 2009

The motor on the new bike that I built came with dual heads, but I prefer points, so I just left plugs in there and I run it like normal. Runs great.

Comment

• Tito
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by NickHaints
                            The motor on the new bike that I built came with dual heads, but I prefer points, so I just left plugs in there and I run it like normal. Runs great.
                            I have points and dual heads on my ironhead. Just need two coils with a jumper wire connecting the two.
                            Shitty explanation, but...

Comment

• TroubleLeather1
                              • Aug 2009

Cool..Thanks fellers. I think i'll cut back on the beer money so i can afford the 4-tower coil

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;