Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigNick
    • Nov 2009

Advice on selling a bike...

I'm self employed and found out this week that my biggest customer may be undergoing some big changes in the near future which equals me needing to stockpile some cash to get ready to possibly have to get through a thin period. I have an '06 Street Bob that I have done some minor mods to... striped the emblems, Lick's bars, shaved rear tail light/fender, wrapped headers, V&H Fuel Pack, Cycle Shack turn out slip ons, side mount plate... this has changed the look of the bike enough where it doesn't look like a "newer" or "super clean" HD anymore. Should I change it back to as close to stock as possible to sell it (if I end up having to sell it) or should I try and sell it as is, knowing that it's going to appeal to a more limited market. Any advice or past experience anyone has had is appreciated.

The bike when I bought it, and how it looks now...

[IMG][/IMG]
  • BigTruth
    • Jan 2011

craigslist ads are free, holmes. Try it and if it dont sell then bring it back to stock and try again...

Comment

• Nicko
      • Sep 2009

What kind of price are you looking for?

Comment

• rus
        • Aug 2009

i would leave it and offer the stock parts if the buyer wants them.

hopefully things work out for you and you wont have to get rid of it, but if you decide to sell, let me know. ive been looking for something similar.
        infact, i think you posted your bike in a thread i started about the topic.

Comment

• BigNick
          • Nov 2009

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it. In regard to the price, I was thinking of listing it for $6900 to try and get a quick sale... I should know what's going to happen in about 3/4 weeks max, so if it has to go, I would try and unload it quickly at that time... been looking at what that year is going for and I think that would be a competitive price.

Comment

• ironhead303
            • Feb 2010

sweet scoot, 6900 is fare price. good luck man

Comment

• Astroman71
              • Apr 2010

not that my opinion means shit but..put the front fender back on if listing on the CL..and include the rest like someone mentioned it will appealed hopped up ..that bike should sell fast...good time of year to sell especially if cheap if there is a market where you list it..good luck , hopefu;;y you can keep it bro.

Comment

• rus
                • Aug 2009

nick, check your pm's.

Comment

• BigNick
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by rus
                  nick, check your pm's.
                  Hey Rus, received... will send you an e-mail, thanks.

Comment

• RichL
                    • Sep 2009

6900 should be a quick sale but if you dont need to sell it for a few months I would actually ask more like 8000 - 8500obo and take some glamor shots of it... get it cleaned up nice and if you know any pretty girls to pose by it, that always helps get people to look at it more. make your ad look like a spread in a magazine.

Comment

• xlhs67
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by RichL
                      6900 should be a quick sale but if you dont need to sell it for a few months I would actually ask more like 8000 - 8500obo and take some glamor shots of it... get it cleaned up nice and if you know any pretty girls to pose by it, that always helps get people to look at it more. make your ad look like a spread in a magazine.
                      I'm with you Rich, I think 6900 is a little low (depending on the area). I know here in TX you could easly get 8500 for it, if not more.

Comment

• revmike
                        • Nov 2009

I tend to agree. I think it will sell easily for 6900, so you might want to hold em high until you get down near the red area and need to eat again....

-Rev

Comment

• HFMC
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by xlhs67
                          I'm with you Rich, I think 6900 is a little low (depending on the area). I know here in TX you could easly get 8500 for it, if not more.
                          Around San Diego I see bikes like that selling for $8500 - $9000.
                          I think it will sell well the way it is. I wouldn't change anything back.

Comment

• Heis
                            • Aug 2009

yea if you aren't strapped yet, hold out for the right price. If you have all the original parts I would offer those to. If someone likes it the way it is then good, but with the original parts they always have the option to change it up. Just my .02.

Comment

• EPMD
                              • May 2011

sell it as is and include the original parts. don't do what a lot of people try and do and raise your price based on the extra crap you've done. no one cares and they'd probably prefer a stock bike anyway. your $1000 flames paint job might as well not be there. i know you don't have that but you get my point.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;