Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChopperGuy
    • Feb 2011

2011 BMW Horse Stampede Bike

This is a BMW R90/6. Getting it ready for the 2011 Horse Stampede. Hopefully will be complete by the end of February. It has a 10 gallon tank on the backbone and a 4 gallon auxillary going on the sissy bar. Just a matter of how much my ass can take!

BMWHardtailFrame

TakingShape

BMWNeck

DriveShaft

GettingThere4

GettingThere3

GettingThere2

GettingThere1
  • mjasen10
    • Aug 2009

beemers are cool as shit but holy gas tank! id definately say that your stops are going to be a minimum haha. whats that tank off of?

Comment

• Shacknasty
      • Jul 2010

I "thought" that I believed in function over form. Now I have to retink everything! I realize there might be too much function. Ten gallons is a whole lotta function goin' on!

Comment

• ChopperGuy
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mjasen10
        beemers are cool as shit but holy gas tank! id definately say that your stops are going to be a minimum haha. whats that tank off of?
        This is an old Heinrich 10 gallon tank off a BMW airhead. Solid, but UGLY! haha -ugly.

Comment

• ChopperGuy
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Shacknasty
          I "thought" that I believed in function over form. Now I have to retink everything! I realize there might be too much function. Ten gallons is a whole lotta function goin' on!
          I might have to stop to add oil sooner than I do to get gas! ha This is definitely an ugly tank, but once I'm done with the race I have another tank I'm going to slap on it and the bike looks completely different with the other tank. Looks pretty good with it.

Comment

• Shacknasty
            • Jul 2010

Did I forget to mention that it is freakishly kool? The magnitude of functionaly ugly sheetmetal has drawn me back for a second look. I can't wait to see the auxillary tank (that is larger than any tank I own!) installed and loaded for the trip! I hope you like sitting down...

Comment

• TemeculaTerry
              • Jul 2009

that 10 gal tank is hard to come by, they are going for roughly 1-3k in the market, it all depends on the shape that it is in...

Comment

• ChopperGuy
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by TemeculaTerry
                that 10 gal tank is hard to come by, they are going for roughly 1-3k in the market, it all depends on the shape that it is in...
                Tank is in great shape. Of course, had rust, but I found a product that I will use from here on. It's Metal Rescue, you can get it on metalrescue.com and it literally made the inside of the tank look like new. I've done this for some time, but this is one of the best products I've found. Didn't even have to line the tank when through because it doesn't etch the steel where you get the immediate flash rusting.

Comment

• mjasen10
                  • Aug 2009

is the metal rescus stuff pretty easy to use? ive got a couple of tanks id love to use but i dont trust the tank liners.

Comment

• ChopperGuy
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by mjasen10
                    is the metal rescus stuff pretty easy to use? ive got a couple of tanks id love to use but i dont trust the tank liners.
                    It's very easy to use. google it on youtube and there is a video of how easy. Basically, you pour it in, turn it upside down for about 4 hours, then flip it to the other side and it's all clean. No liner needed in my tank. It's the best new product I've found in a long time.

Comment

• faaby
                      • Feb 2011

Oh boy i thought stock BMW gastanks are big ! Every time this thing is empty its time for an oil service!
                      We have beerkegs over here that are smaler then this tank!
                      Its gonna look pretty cool when its ready to go!

Comment

• Brick
                        • Feb 2011

What's up, bike is looking great. I've been working on getting my plan together for 2012, check out jap bike section gs 750 build. Mike R

Comment

• ChopperGuy
                          • Feb 2011

Thanks to everyone on the compliments. You have to admit, that's the biggest, ugliest tank EVER! lmao I love it. haha

Hey Mike! Just got the clear on the raw frame and front end after sanding it down. Looks pretty cool. Should be wrapping it up by end of the month and then putting on electronic ignition. You damn well better do it next year! My project for next year will be a Suzuki Hayabusa engine in a bobber frame! roflmao....SERIOUSLY! I'll have to remove the rubber mounts, have a radiator molded in, and put a fuel pump in the gas tank, but it can certainly be done.

Comment

• superglide
                            • Apr 2024

How many miles you think you'll get in between gas stops ?

Comment

• mjasen10
                              • Aug 2009

you mind givin us some info on the engine, frame, and front end? a lot of cool shit goin on under that abomination of a fuel tank. haha just messin, still curious though.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;