CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

also, if anyone from southern CT area wants to ride up with us, send me a message!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by YeaItsSlo View Post
    how do i book this camping spot? is it 15$ per person? Me and JohhnyRot are going for sure..
    same question

Get Adobe Flash player

I am riding down to Boston Thursday, and I will be doing the ride and camp as well, so count me in.

I will ride back to Canada on the Sunday.

Get Adobe Flash player

Camping is $15 per person. No reservations needed, we've got plenty of space (as long as we're not 200+, which I can't fathom for the ride). If you're going to the campground via another route and get there before us, just tell them you're with the greasebag. The guys that run the place are a great group and are stoked to have us.

One other note: Do not confuse this campground with White Birches camping park in Shelburne NH. White Birch Campground is in Belmont NH and isn't really listed online anywhere, they're a bit under the radar.
    Last edited by Knucklebuster; 06-21-2011 at 6:40 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

15 all you can eat food AND beer?!

so all we need now is the place we are meeting saturday morning in boston right? sorry for the questions, just wanna get everything set...

Get Adobe Flash player

It's taken longer than I wanted to finalize this info, but it's finally all settled and I can now release it to the hoards.

The Saturday ride is going to leave out of Lexington, MA and 120 miles of back roads later we'll end up at the Laconia White Birch Campground in Belmont, NH. For those of you who camped out at the 2009 Greasebag, it's the same spot. The crew that owns the place is top notch and welcomed us back this year with open arms. The campground is a back-to-basics, middle of the woods deal, but it's easy to get to get back into civilization. It's maybe 5-10 minutes from downtown Laconia, and it's a straight shot from the campground to the show at Acme Choppers on Sunday. A camp spot is going to run $15 per person, plus you'll be able to eat and drink for FREE thanks to our sponsors at Biltwell, Chop Shop Cycles, Kickstart Cycle Supply and Chop Cult. It goes with out saying that those guys rule. No reservations are needed to secure a camp spot, just show up and you should be all set, we've got plenty of room.

Ride Info
    We're going to meet up in the parking lot of the Great Road Shopping Center on Rte 225W in Lexington, MA. Take exit 31B off of Rte 128 and follow 225W down to the shopping plaza. You can't miss it, look for Friendly's Ice Cream and Staples, and take a left into the plaza at the light. There are plenty of gas stations and restaurants around, so everything you need to shake off the hang over from the Dice party and shove off is there. Speaking of shoving off - departure time is 11:30 sharp. If you want to ride with us, be there before then, at 11:31 we'll be gone. You are of course free to find your own road to the campground; I'm guessing we'll arrive there around 4:30 after gas and food stops.

As for the actual route, 225 is one of my favorite roads in MA, after getting by a bit of stop & go in town, it opens up nicely - you're gonna dig it. There might be some changes to the actual route at the tail end of the run when I do the final pre-run. When I last road the route a few weeks back, some of the roads in NH were pretty torn up from the winter, especially if you're riding a rigid chop. I'm going to pre-run the route one final time a week before the actual run, if the roads are still shit, we'll divert to more friendly asphalt.

Here's a link to the actual turn-by-turn directions of the run as it stands now:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=34...&dirflg=ht&z=9

One last thing - we'll have some basic tools with us for roadside repairs, but no chase trucks with trailers to haul you home if you're engine blows up. As always, if your bike is prone shrapnel oil explosions, be prepared with what you need to get it back on the road or a cell phone to call someone to pick you up. We'll make every effort within reason to keep folks on the road, but we're not going to hold up the pack for half a day.

More camping info:

We're only camping one night, so this should be pretty simple, bring what you need for the night/next day, which I would imagine to be minimal. One thing I would highly suggest packing is some bug spray, we're in the middle of the woods, those fuckers will eat you alive. The campground has proper bathrooms and showers should you need them; we'll have firewood, food and beer. If your adult beverage preference is more exotic than beer, that's on you. If you want to make smores by the campfire, ask McGoo for some pointers and bring your own chocolate. If you need a lazy boy and HD widescreen satellite TV to really enjoy the experience, please don't come.

This last bit should go with out saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. Regardless of everything else, we're going to have a killer time - we'll eat, drink, get stupid, be loud, rowdy and pass out in the dirt. We'll do all of this while being respectful to the campgrounds. This is a family run business that has been in operation for generations. They are great people who have opened their arms up to us and let us stay loud and rowdy till the wee hours of the morning (they even came down and partied with us last time we were there). Don't be a fucktard.

So let's recap the essentials:

Ride info:
    11:30 departure from Great Road Shopping Center
    Rte 225W in Lexington, MA
    Exit 31B off Rte 128

Link to run route:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=34...&dirflg=ht&z=9

Camp Info
    Laconia White Birch Campground, 148 Bean Hill Rd, Belmont, NH

$15 per person
    Free food, free drink
    No reservations needed

Get stoked.

NHMike

This sounds so awesome. I can't wait for it to get here!

Get Adobe Flash player

It is all sounding really good. I'm guessing for those staying at the HoJo across from the bar, we want to leave NLT around 1000hrs to get up to the mall RV and fuel up?

I certainly intend to do the group ride up to the campground. I am sure that I'm not the only guy with a really small tank, so I am assuming there will be adequate fuel stops, even for those of us with a challenging engine displacement / fuel tank capacity ratio? (Plus, if the roads are as bad as you say they might be, I may have to pee some blood and cry a little bit a few times)

Get Adobe Flash player

Buster - tons of gas stops for the 1.25 gallon gas tank crew. When my wife and I did the pre-run, we took note of just about every gas station on the way. I think the furthest distance between petrol stops was 20 miles tops.

Get Adobe Flash player

How awesome is this - one of the absolute best moto magazines on the scene today has donated a whole stack of issues to give out at the greasebag. If you’re not familiar with Sideburn, you need to poke your head out of the ditch and click on over to their site to check them out. The very best of trackers (dirt, flat, street, board, etc..) and chock full of style and class. Their tagline of “the world’s best go fast, turn left magazine” is no joke. It is, hands down. I’ve got 3 stacks of 4 issues to hand out at the greasebag, plus a bunch of cool stickers to go with it. Go check them out, order some issues and dig into their blog, which is also top notch.

NHMike

You're going to need a tractor trailer to haul all the shit you're getting!! Hahahaha

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Knucklebuster View Post
    Buster - tons of gas stops for the 1.25 gallon gas tank crew. When my wife and I did the pre-run, we took note of just about every gas station on the way. I think the furthest distance between petrol stops was 20 miles tops.

YES!! This was deff a concern of mine. I feel much better now

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh hell yeah. Acme Choppers steps up big. A whole wardrobe of shirts, a set of grips and an aluminum oil tank. All for the raffle. It's getting nutty now.

MadRiverMoCo

remember that talk about not needing a trailer...

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, we're still 5 weeks out and most of the stuff isn't even here yet.

MadRiverMoCo

Roof rack!

(thank you Greasebag sponsors!)

Get Adobe Flash player

we're still 5 weeks out and most of the stuff isn't even here yet.
    eek, thats me.... working on it grail, hope to get it out right after the 4th.

NHMike

I swear, if my bike isn't running by the end of next month you guys are going to get some laughs watching me kick MYSELF in the apple sack.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for one of those ACME shirts! (I don't think I could carry anything else back on my chopper.) Thanks to all the sponsors for this event - it looks like it is going to be great.

I rode over to my buddy's shop yesterday and we did an oil change and then pulled the front end and rebuilt my forks - bike rides a lot smoother now (for a rigid), so I should be ready for those bumpy New England roads (we will see how they compare to our bumpy Ontario roads!)

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey Buster what way are you going back to Canada from NH? depending on your route I'll tag along to right about the border on Sunday.

Share This