Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lobstermobster
    • Aug 2009

you might have to grind or mod something on your swing arm. because the kz shocks are really skinny on the bottom and rise up, but some shocks are fat on the bottom. kinda like if the top of the kz shock was the same way on the bottom. if you understand what im saying.

edit: like this....

compared to

Last edited by lobstermobster; 09-25-2009, 7:41 PM. Reason: add pics.

Comment

• junkyard2
      • Sep 2009

yeah it was at the swing arm...had to grind just a little to get them to fit..of course just what they told me...vulcan 500 shocks will fit great..but i say fuck it and strut it..

Comment

• lobstermobster
        • Aug 2009

do you know the measurements for vulcan 500 shocks, eye to eye?

Comment

• lobstermobster
          • Aug 2009

this question is probably fucking stupid. but do you think dirt bike shocks will work? found some on ebay, they say mono shock but its the same style so if you got 2...would it work. they got a snazzy look to them but just wondering if they would hold up, be strong enough....although they are used for jumping ramps and shit.

Comment

• born2boogie
            • Apr 2024

I've wondered the same thing about dirt bike shocks myself.

Comment

• justin666
              • Apr 2024

ive got a set of 10.5 inch sporty shocks i'm gonna see about puttin on, i'll let you guys know how it goes...

Comment

• justin666
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by lobstermobster
                this question is probably fucking stupid. but do you think dirt bike shocks will work? found some on ebay, they say mono shock but its the same style so if you got 2...would it work. they got a snazzy look to them but just wondering if they would hold up, be strong enough....although they are used for jumping ramps and shit.
                i dont see why they wouldnt be strong enough, i mean they're designed to get the shit beat out of them, and only use one. if youve got two on your bike i would think itd be stronger than somethin like sporty shocks.

Comment

• junkyard2
                  • Sep 2009

on the vulcan shocks i think they are 11 inches eye to eye..im with justin on the dirt bike shocks i have seen them on kzs before but it was like a mono shock setup..they should work great..

Comment

• lobstermobster
                    • Aug 2009

yeah if i get shorter shocks, i might go for some of those. they are only sold individually (beacuse they're supposed to be mono) but even so, the price for 2 is still way cheaper than a set of real motorcycle shocks.

but i was thinking about extending the swingarm, so i would have more room to work with all the junk under the seat. And that would make my bike sit lower also. I dunno, I just need to make up my mind and commit to one thing and just go for it.

Comment

• junkyard2
                      • Sep 2009

i have seen a kz 650 with extended swing arm...it does lower it still useing the stock shocks..go to you tube and look for kz650 bobber....unknownmc somthing like that its red i remember that much fuck bad memory...

Comment

• lobstermobster
                        • Aug 2009

yeah i found it. SuperUnkownMC is the poster. pretty nice, i think extended swingarm is the way to go for me.

Comment

• junkyard2
                          • Sep 2009

let me know how it turns out and cost..cause thats just something we all need to know lol..

Comment

• lobstermobster
                            • Aug 2009

Oh you got it. But like I said in my first post. This is going to be a long and slow build for me. Between work and school and trying to skate and learning my bike as a go. Hopefully I can do certain things to it and still be riding it as I go along. We'll see though.

But untill my next bike update, this should keep you guys entertained. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
                            Last edited by lobstermobster; 09-27-2009, 7:08 PM. Reason: Spelling. LOL!

Comment

• junkyard2
                              • Sep 2009

dude that was some funny shit...

Comment

• lobstermobster
                                • Aug 2009

Not a huge update, but there was some progress over the last day or so.

If you can see that big gaping hole in the middle of my bike, then you'll see I finally got rid of that huge, gross air box finnally. Scored me some of these....

Air Pods!

Now I just need to get my swing arm extended. Having trouble with that because all the shops in my area do not do any type of frame mods unless its a ground up build from scratch. "Liability" fuckkkk. Got hit up one more shop that my boss knows so well see how that goes.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;