CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    justin666

ive got a set of 10.5 inch sporty shocks i'm gonna see about puttin on, i'll let you guys know how it goes...

justin666

Quote Originally Posted by lobstermobster View Post
    this question is probably fucking stupid. but do you think dirt bike shocks will work? found some on ebay, they say mono shock but its the same style so if you got 2...would it work. they got a snazzy look to them but just wondering if they would hold up, be strong enough....although they are used for jumping ramps and shit.
    i dont see why they wouldnt be strong enough, i mean they're designed to get the shit beat out of them, and only use one. if youve got two on your bike i would think itd be stronger than somethin like sporty shocks.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

on the vulcan shocks i think they are 11 inches eye to eye..im with justin on the dirt bike shocks i have seen them on kzs before but it was like a mono shock setup..they should work great..

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah if i get shorter shocks, i might go for some of those. they are only sold individually (beacuse they're supposed to be mono) but even so, the price for 2 is still way cheaper than a set of real motorcycle shocks.

but i was thinking about extending the swingarm, so i would have more room to work with all the junk under the seat. And that would make my bike sit lower also. I dunno, I just need to make up my mind and commit to one thing and just go for it.

Get Adobe Flash player

i have seen a kz 650 with extended swing arm...it does lower it still useing the stock shocks..go to you tube and look for kz650 bobber....unknownmc somthing like that its red i remember that much fuck bad memory...

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah i found it. SuperUnkownMC is the poster. pretty nice, i think extended swingarm is the way to go for me.

Get Adobe Flash player

let me know how it turns out and cost..cause thats just something we all need to know lol..

Get Adobe Flash player

Oh you got it. But like I said in my first post. This is going to be a long and slow build for me. Between work and school and trying to skate and learning my bike as a go. Hopefully I can do certain things to it and still be riding it as I go along. We'll see though.

But untill my next bike update, this should keep you guys entertained. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
    Last edited by lobstermobster; 09-27-2009 at 7:08 PM. Reason: Spelling. LOL!

Get Adobe Flash player

dude that was some funny shit...

Get Adobe Flash player

Not a huge update, but there was some progress over the last day or so.

If you can see that big gaping hole in the middle of my bike, then you'll see I finally got rid of that huge, gross air box finnally. Scored me some of these....

Air Pods!

Now I just need to get my swing arm extended. Having trouble with that because all the shops in my area do not do any type of frame mods unless its a ground up build from scratch. "Liability" fuckkkk. Got hit up one more shop that my boss knows so well see how that goes.

justin666

Air Pods!

Now I just need to get my swing arm extended. Having trouble with that because all the shops in my area do not do any type of frame mods unless its a ground up build from scratch. "Liability" fuckkkk. Got hit up one more shop that my boss knows so well see how that goes.[/QUOTE]

make sure you adjust your carbs to those pods, it leans things out a lottttttt

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah. Ill probably just wait because I want to do something with the pipes. So if I do them now I am just going to have to do them again.

Get Adobe Flash player

dude i cant wait to see this when your done..im waiting on colder winter to come then tcbros hardtail will be on the way lol....

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey junkyard, does tc brothers make a hard tail for a kz 650 ? cool. Lobster found anyone to do your swingarm yet. lemme know.

Get Adobe Flash player

TCbros does not make a hardtail kit FOR the kz650. BUT they make a Universal Hardtail kit, and its only $125.

I have not found anyone, or had time to check anywhere else. My boss has a buddy in the city that has a shop and so I might try there when I get the time.

Get Adobe Flash player

well what lobster said..lol

Get Adobe Flash player

Default what about something like this?

Here is my strut setup for my kz400 that I just did. Before I had basically chopped it in the same spot that all you guys did.

what it looked like....

The work....

Finished look....

This was the way I went with it I am sure that there are others. I just didn't want to hardtail it cause you always see hardtails not that I don't love them cause I do! Just wanted to go a different route.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by chopsticks; 10-17-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

yeah I wanted to extend the swing arm out a bit so i could do something like this.

(taken from onesickrace.com)

Get Adobe Flash player

done anything else yet

Get Adobe Flash player

haha. no. not at all. Im fucking broke and havent had time to do much of anything. I told you guys this would be a very slow build.

Share This