Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CriminalKZ
    • Jul 2010

Kz440 build

This is my first build. I got the bike from a guy who had already started cutting on it to prep for a hardtail but his progress stopped abruptly somewhere in the middle of it. I picked it up for $200. A friend at school (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) hooked me up with the sporty tank. Its got some rust inside so I'll need to clean it out real good. The carbs will most likely need rejetted for when I add the pod filters. The whole frame, engine, triple clamps, forks, and wheels were painted silver before I got it so I gotta sand the whole thing down and repaint. Well, here she is, I'm kind of at a stand still b/c of money issues but its getting done little by little.
    Attached Files
  • ibuiltmine
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by CriminalKZ
    This is my first build. I got the bike from a guy who had already started cutting on it to prep for a hardtail but his progress stopped abruptly somewhere in the middle of it. I picked it up for $200. A friend at school (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) hooked me up with the sporty tank. Its got some rust inside so I'll need to clean it out real good. The carbs will most likely need rejetted for when I add the pod filters. The whole frame, engine, triple clamps, forks, and wheels were painted silver before I got it so I gotta sand the whole thing down and repaint. Well, here she is, I'm kind of at a stand still b/c of money issues but its getting done little by little.
    440's are awesome. Powerfull little package, 6 speed, air cooled. A lot were belt drive, even.
    Good luck

Comment

• CriminalKZ
      • Jul 2010

I've been doin some research on em and it says they do like 90 top speed. Not bad for such a lil bike.

Comment

• MisterFul
        • Aug 2010

hey man. what model of a sportytank is that? I have one but its waaay bigger. this one seesm to go pretty well on there!

Comment

• CriminalKZ
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by MisterFul
          hey man. what model of a sportytank is that? I have one but its waaay bigger. this one seesm to go pretty well on there!
          I believe its a 1996 XLH 1200 tank.

Comment

• MisterFul
            • Aug 2010

thanks!

Comment

• CriminalKZ
              • Jul 2010

Any time bro

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse