CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Thread: Kz440 build

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Kz440 build

This is my first build. I got the bike from a guy who had already started cutting on it to prep for a hardtail but his progress stopped abruptly somewhere in the middle of it. I picked it up for $200. A friend at school (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) hooked me up with the sporty tank. Its got some rust inside so I'll need to clean it out real good. The carbs will most likely need rejetted for when I add the pod filters. The whole frame, engine, triple clamps, forks, and wheels were painted silver before I got it so I gotta sand the whole thing down and repaint. Well, here she is, I'm kind of at a stand still b/c of money issues but its getting done little by little.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dirty Rat.jpg   IMAG0098.jpg   IMAG0099.jpg   IMAG0103.jpg   IMAG0128.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by CriminalKZ View Post
    This is my first build. I got the bike from a guy who had already started cutting on it to prep for a hardtail but his progress stopped abruptly somewhere in the middle of it. I picked it up for $200. A friend at school (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) hooked me up with the sporty tank. Its got some rust inside so I'll need to clean it out real good. The carbs will most likely need rejetted for when I add the pod filters. The whole frame, engine, triple clamps, forks, and wheels were painted silver before I got it so I gotta sand the whole thing down and repaint. Well, here she is, I'm kind of at a stand still b/c of money issues but its getting done little by little.
    440's are awesome. Powerfull little package, 6 speed, air cooled. A lot were belt drive, even.
    Good luck

Get Adobe Flash player

I've been doin some research on em and it says they do like 90 top speed. Not bad for such a lil bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

hey man. what model of a sportytank is that? I have one but its waaay bigger. this one seesm to go pretty well on there!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MisterFul View Post
    hey man. what model of a sportytank is that? I have one but its waaay bigger. this one seesm to go pretty well on there!
    I believe its a 1996 XLH 1200 tank.

Get Adobe Flash player

thanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

Any time bro

Share This