Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tattoo2303
    • Aug 2009

thanks! i see what your saying/agree about the pipes especially in the lower back area, i re-used the front sections i had from last year and used every inch a $30 set of drag pipes to make the rest, in perosn i dont know as it looks as busy and me and my buddy that made them were proud of the fact we managed to fish them around to work and hug the frame.

took it for its first real shake down run last night and the only thing that fell off was the kickstand (which i found) and the verdict on the seat is it needs some springs or possibly a new seat cause its rediculously uncomfortable, and as much as i love the sissy bar we made that fucker vibrates like crazy so i may end up making a much smaller fender support type bar

Comment

• vagrant318
      • Sep 2010

Are you not going to use the fork shrouds? Do you still have the loop tail section off the subframe?

Comment

• Clockwork444
        • Dec 2013

your sissy bar vibrates because the pipes are long and bolted to it. if you dampened the exhaust off of that point with something soft or had a seperate mounting point for the pipes it would help with the vibration. i agree with the pipes, but not bad for a low buck part. looks dope

Comment

• tattoo2303
          • Aug 2009

well just realized i never really got a good picture of how it ended up being last season and heres how she sits as of yesterday

discovered some broken pieces while tearing it down most painful being this

front cylinder down low, so im pretty sure the frames right in the way of trying to repaire this without taking the motor apart

well heres a couple shots of what she looked like for the bulk of the riding season, bars got changed a couple times, and the sissy bar got cut much much shorter, oh and some springs under the seat (still terribly uncomfortable)

different pipes, tank, bars, seat/fender thing maybe some odds and ends. im trying to use alot of the parts i have from previous version to keep it cheap

Comment

• tattoo2303
            • Aug 2009

one of the mid season repairs that needed to be addressed was the chain smacking/rubbing the oil tank

Comment

• tattoo2303
              • Aug 2009

Havent been updating this, but this heres 2015s version of the creep machine- photo taken at Gypsy Run 9 by Lowbrows Photog Mikey Revolt

Last edited by tattoo2303; 01-07-2017, 8:50 AM. Reason: added another picture

Comment

• tattoo2303
                • Aug 2009

and this is how she sits today, in Jamestown NY at RERUN Cycle-Works

6" up 2" out, Bryant was quick, honest and easy to work with- im not one to hand off the work to someone else but not having the tooling to do this type of work i was forced to search outside help and i couldnt be happier with the whole experience- he is on instagram and facebook, quick and easy to get ahold.

Last edited by tattoo2303; 03-17-2016, 3:43 PM.

Comment

• Neutron311
                  • Aug 2015

Nice! Looking forward to see what your gonna do to her now.

Comment

• tattoo2303
                    • Aug 2009

up on wheels, made a neck gusset yesterday that needs to be welded in place, things to figure out still- handlebars, tank, things to be made/welded are tank mounting bungs, a new tail/seat, top and front motor mounts

than tear down for paint!

Comment

• tattoo2303
                      • Aug 2009

well all the tabs, gussets, mounts and hangers are all made, backbone is drilled for the tank mounts, couple hours of welding and the frame is set

also started work on the seat/fender/tail section thing, similiar to last years but smaller with a little more shape and flow

Comment

• nofendertom
                        • Apr 2014

I am liking that tail section already.

Comment

• ReRunCycleWorks
                          • Apr 2015

diggin it man!!

Comment

• Frankenfab
                            • Mar 2010

Man... just went through each page. Hell of a transition!

Comment

• tattoo2303
                              • Aug 2009

never posted much about 2016s version of the bike- i hated it! finished her up the thursday before Fuel in Cleveland by flashlight and ran to get an inspection sticker before heading out on the road with some buddies from Canada. She beat my ass- literally. got to Cleveland anbd i could hardly walk and had a sore the size of a baseball. a parking lot camping foam duct tape session the next night made the trip home a little better. she shook and rattled some bolts off and leaked a bunch of different fluids along the way but went there and back on her own power so although asthetically not my favorite version (the black one that i hardly have any pics of is) i guess it was a success.

having a new baby and 50+ hour work weeks didnt leave much time for riding, but that doesnt mean i have to leave her looking the same for 2017- so ive lost count of which # version this is but the ever evolving Creep Machine is coming back to black for 2017 and im hoping to blend some parts of my favorite versions into one final metamorphosis

Comment

• tattoo2303
                                • Aug 2009

so still being without a garage leaves me plenty of time to dream up what 2017s version will look like and ive got all my parts gathered at this point going out in the single digit temps in the dark means nothings getting put together any time soon

led sled wheel covers with a new drilled disc

finally getting around to making the adjuster ive been wanting for awhile

zombie performance Zs cut down for an old cast riser

got a new tank and some goodies for the front end, probably gonna make another tail section (cause something just wasnt right with that last one) and might do something different with the pipes- thinking some sort of 2-1 thing

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;