Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wiseowl73
    • Feb 2011

almost finished with fabrication.

Just chopped my old kickstand off the donor bike and got it tacked on. hopefully it will do its job, once I get it all finish welded up. That will come after I tear it all down.

Comment

• Jackster
      • Jun 2010

I don't think it's the tank. I think it's the seat. It sits up way too high (especially in the front) in my opinion. I think if you put something lower it would make all the difference. Aside from that I think it's a great looking bike.

Comment

• wiseowl73
        • Feb 2011

Okay, I had to ditch the bigger tank. I wouldn't have any clearance for my fork. So I ended up buying this dished out tank...not much bigger than the peanut. Looks pretty sweet with this bike, has an unusual and interesting profile.
        I'll post pics soon, but it's looking like this is the final face of my build.

Comment

• wiseowl73
          • Feb 2011

Just to answer some of your suggestions, I am keeping the seat where it is- mainly because that is where I fit on the bike in proportion to where the forward controls sit. I'm kind of short, 5'8" or so, so the bike can't be quite as stretched as I would like and still be an easy rider.
          I think this new tank is gonna be where it's at. It's different, I haven't seen a lot of these rolling around out there. I'm sure some out there will hate it, but I like it, and I am gonna be cheezed as fuck to ride it this way. Ultimately this is the final draft of the mockup, and it's time to get it finished up and on the road. Nice weather is right around the corner. I'll make one that's completely different next time, and I'm fairly sure there will be a next build.
          Attached Files

Comment

• ercle69
            • Dec 2010

not bad, whats the paint scheme in mind?

Comment

• xKANANx
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ltuck
              Are you gonna cut the tunnel out or just cover it up? You could get a lot of fuel in there if it wasnt for that huge tunnel.
              Lot of fuel is great, but lets face it he'll still have to stop just as often when everyone else in the pack has to refill their peanut tanks.

Comment

• wiseowl73
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by xKANANx
                Lot of fuel is great, but lets face it he'll still have to stop just as often when everyone else in the pack has to refill their peanut tanks.
                if ya didn't notice I scrapped the big tank, my new tank is a 3 gallon one. So i'll be stopping to refuel just as often as everyone else.

Comment

• joespeedboat
                  • Jan 2011

Very nice bike! I like the tank, peanut tanks are cool but you see them too often. The only thing I don't like about the bike is the headlight, it's stikking out way too far. I would mount it as close to the fork as possible! 2cents

Comment

• MrWoo
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by wiseowl73
                    Got the tank welded up, needs a little fill with some tiger hair, but should work out fine. Got the rear brake setup welded up too. One more good day with my buddy Greg and we should have it ready to tear down for paint.
                    What is that rear brake set up your using? I'm doing a similar sort of build but without the donor bike to scavenge from!
                    It's looking good by the way

Comment

• panmaster
                      • Dec 2010

lookin good wiseowl , your seat looks to be either a k-model (flathead sportster) or a hummer (harley lightweight) solo seat , so i think its a great choice

Comment

• wiseowl73
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by joespeedboat
                        Very nice bike! I like the tank, peanut tanks are cool but you see them too often. The only thing I don't like about the bike is the headlight, it's stikking out way too far. I would mount it as close to the fork as possible! 2cents
                        Yeah I am looking for another way to mount that headlight...I might run it like that until I find a better mount.

Comment

• wiseowl73
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by MrWoo
                          What is that rear brake set up your using? I'm doing a similar sort of build but without the donor bike to scavenge from!
                          It's looking good by the way
                          I found a DNA springer brake set, front and rear on ebay. Unfortunately, it didn't specify, so the rear brake hanger was set up for a left-side drivetrain, and the sporty drivetrain is right side. It was either cut up the chrome bracket or get a new one. So I searched around a little and found a universal hanger for the rear, also on ebay. I got the male ended heim joints at Ace hardware, and found an aluminum turnbuckle at Lowe's that was suitable to connect them (although I had to run a fine threaded tap through the ends to make them fit.) I fabbed a little tab and welded it to the frame to hold it on. It looks serviceable, but I have yet to see if it is going to work. crossing my fingers!

Comment

• wiseowl73
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by panmaster
                            lookin good wiseowl , your seat looks to be either a k-model (flathead sportster) or a hummer (harley lightweight) solo seat , so i think its a great choice
                            Thanks! I got it in trade from a friend, it's got a really solid seat pan and looks to be pretty quality construction. It's comfy and I like it. Nice to finally know something about it though!

Comment

• wiseowl73
                              • Feb 2011

Update: finishing touches

Well im just a snatch hair away from being done with this one...tryin to figure out why I cant get a spark now...other than that it's 98% done.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Allen
                                • Apr 2024

Looks really nice. Esp liking the Fwd controls.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;