Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • koehler57
    • Feb 2010

BDL primary? good/bad

Ok im gonna be buying my primary within the next few weeks for my build and i was looking at getting a 2 inch tech cycle kick only belt drive. but then i noticed how much cheaper the BDL primary is and i can get one for like 650 bucks from a dealer here in town. So i was wondering are they good/ bad, pros and cons of them. i see alot of them on bikes in magazines and online but have never heard anything on them. Or should i just stick with my original plan?
    heres what i was looking at getting...
  • ridemore16
    • Oct 2009

I ran a 3" bdl on one of my bikes with no issues whatsoever. I'm sure others will chime in, but I wouldn't hesitate to run another one in the future.

Comment

• superglide
      • Apr 2024

I put a 1 1/2 " on my shovel , it's worked out ok but i don't like the clutch . I'am going to get a primo clutch which should fix the problem . It depends on your application but you get what you pay for in the end .

Comment

• koehler57
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by superglide
        I put a 1 1/2 " on my shovel , it's worked out ok but i don't like the clutch . I'am going to get a primo clutch which should fix the problem . It depends on your application but you get what you pay for in the end .
        its goin on a shovel to a baker 6 into 4 kick only

Comment

• OldStfCycle
          • Aug 2010

I sell bdl primo karata and all are good units. But the primo pro clutch is known to be the best as for as clutches go. You can get a kick only bdl for under $400 and load your choice of clutch.

Comment

• superglide
            • Apr 2024

Make sure you buy a belt drive that has a support bearing for a 6 into 4 ( 25 mm i think ) a 4 speed like I have is 1" . If you don't you will damage the tranny .

Comment

• Beefdrippings
              • Sep 2009

I was thinking of the BDL with clutch.What don't you like about it?

Comment

• superglide
                • Apr 2024

The clutch is like a on - off switch . The belt drive is good for the money and I'am not gonna fuck with it but by putting in a Primo Pro clutch I'll be able to set it once and be done with it .

Comment

• superglide
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by OldStfCycle
                  I sell bdl primo karata and all are good units. But the primo pro clutch is known to be the best as for as clutches go. You can get a kick only bdl for under $400 and load your choice of clutch.
                  I wish I had talked to you first

Comment

• Beefdrippings
                    • Sep 2009

The clutch is like a on - off switch . The belt drive is good for the money and I'am not gonna fuck with it but by putting in a Primo Pro clutch I'll be able to set it once and be done with it .
                    Maybe the less expensive kit that utilizes your own clutch is the way I'll go.

Comment

• koehler57
                      • Feb 2010

Make sure you buy a belt drive that has a support bearing for a 6 into 4 ( 25 mm i think ) a 4 speed like I have is 1" . If you don't you will damage the tranny .
                      ya im getting one from baker or tech cycle

Comment

• atomrotten
                        • Sep 2009

Last edited by 24Cycles; 02-01-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• koehler57
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by OldStfCycle
                          so i think im gonna buy the belt drive without the clutch from bdl and buy the barnett performance scorpion clutch. now will this clutch drop right into the bdl rear basket?
                          heres the clutch

Comment

• ironlance
                            • Jan 2010

just sall this in an article in the horse

Comment

• superglide
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by koehler57
                              so i think im gonna buy the belt drive without the clutch from bdl and buy the barnett performance scorpion clutch. now will this clutch drop right into the bdl rear basket?
                              heres the clutch
                              http://www.barnettclutches.com/images/product_4.jpg
                              Talk to OldStf before you buy .

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;