1974 cb 500 twin project need some input?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnnyboy666
    • Dec 2010

1974 cb 500 twin project need some input?

so this is ware im at so far, i was thinking of hard tailing this frame but since i got two of the same bikes, i kinda wanted two brat build one, but not quite sure on the next steps i know that alot of dudes stretch the swing arm and curve, or drop the seat tubes to lower the seat hight but is there any thing else to take in, or think about any advice? im all ears and would love some input! thanks, one

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	1328147

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1344.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	1328148
  • johnnyboy666
    • Dec 2010

sorry forgot to mention im new here! names johnny im from redtucky oregon, so hello i guess!

Comment

• Hooligans
      • Oct 2010

Brat build that thing.... dropped seat rails makes the lines flow a little better. You will need to run a short shock so keep that in mind. Honda Rebel shocks are 10.5" but you can also find Suzuki Savage shocks a little cheaper and they are also 10.5". Alot of people do extend the swinger but its not a "have to do" thing. Keeping the stock length will keep the bike short... its all preference. Keep in mind that with lowering the rear you will also need to drop the front down

Comment

• johnnyboy666
        • Dec 2010

yeah i gotta hunt down some shocks lower the top tubes and forks then see how it sits, before cutting into the swing arm i think?

Comment

• Hooligans
          • Oct 2010

Everyone has their own way of doing things. I would drop my seat rails first.... get them where you want them. Figure out you upper shock mounts.... then see what kind of distance you have for shocks. Extending the swinger "can" change the angle of the shock allowing more room unless they are relocated

Comment

• johnnyboy666
            • Dec 2010

do you think im going to have to relocate the top shock mounts?

Comment

• Hooligans
              • Oct 2010

it all depends on how you do the rails. If they do have a drop but bend back up within the stock location, then no. Most rails drop down further so yes you generally need to make new mounts.

Take a look here.... this is a XS650 Brat kit. You can get an idea how it looks

VISUAL IMPACT STORE PAGE xs 650 brat kit and frame parts, seats, helmets, pegs,mounts, handlebars, and other motorcycle parts

Comment

• johnnyboy666
                • Dec 2010

nice that link helps a lot it;s nice to see it all broke down in photos! thanks alot for ur time man!

Comment

• Hooligans
                  • Oct 2010

no prob.... anything you need just hit me up

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;