Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBY
    • Apr 2024

Dual carb Shovelheads.

Anybody running dual carbs on a Shovel? What kind, what size and as always, pics are much appreciated.
  • ironlance
    • Jan 2010

my next door neighbors shovel has a weber off an old vw and i believe its a 40 or 42mm and looks bitchin

Comment

• chief
      • Nov 2010

yups..that's bitchin!
      it's a weber DCOE i guess..

i have one on my ironhead, the carb used to be on a stroked shovel before.

if you don't know what you are doing they are a pain in the ass to dail in, due to the many jets and air correctors. and more adjusting shit..
      but if you know how to handle theese puppy's you have a easy starting high torque monster! the webber does have a tendensy to be on the rich side in the high rpm's but a shovel does not make high rpm's..

need a jet??X2

Comment

• ARBY
        • Apr 2024

Thanks so far but actually looking for dual (two seperate ) carbs. Not dual throat. Man, that Weber is a big sum-bitch!I had a couple of down drafts on a Volkswagon once.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-21-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
          • Jul 2009

I have put duel Amals on one manifold . And My old shovel I ran two front heads with a specail ground cam with two amals on the right side .

Comment

• Zooligan
            • Oct 2009

OK. I get running dual carbs where one carb feeds an individual cylinder. you can individually tune the carb to it's dedicated combustion chamber. But what is the point of dual carbs running into a single intake manifold shared by the two cylinders?

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Zooligan
              OK. I get running dual carbs where one carb feeds an individual cylinder. you can individually tune the carb to it's dedicated combustion chamber. But what is the point of dual carbs running into a single intake manifold shared by the two cylinders?
              It looks fucking cool! What other reason do you need? Common now. You got 2 nuts and only one pecker! It all comes out the same hole, and you really only NEED one, but I ain't about to give up the other! Ha ha. Supposedly it helps with atomization cause there are 2 throats, each with less fuel, thus allowing them to atomize individually in smaller amounts then joining the 2 mixtures together. Make sense? Doesn't to me either, but that's what they say. Ha ha.

Comment

• ARBY
                • Apr 2024

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
                ....You got 2 nuts and only one pecker! It all comes out the same hole, and you really only NEED one, but I ain't about to give up the other! Ha ha.
                That was quite eloquent. You sir, have a definite way with words!!

Comment

• Zooligan
                  • Oct 2009

You got 2 nuts and only one pecker! It all comes out the same hole, and you really only NEED one, but I ain't about to give up the other!.
                  Um.., damn fine point!

It looks fucking cool! .
                  It does look kinda cool, but then so would a carb per cylinder. Maybe more so.

Yup, chops don't have to make sense.

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Zooligan
                    Because of air veliocity and volumetirc efficincy . Basicly its like this . Single barrel carb vs two barel carb on a car . And it looks fucking cool !

Comment

• Zooligan
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TRUMPNUT
                      Because of air veliocity and volumetirc efficincy . Basicly its like this . Single barrel carb vs two barel carb on a car . And it looks fucking cool !
                      Does that mean 4 carbs would be better still? And cooler?

Comment

• xllance
                        • Apr 2024

It looks fucking cool! What other reason do you need? Common now. You got 2 nuts and only one pecker! It all comes out the same hole, and you really only NEED one, but I ain't about to give up the other! Ha ha. Supposedly it helps with atomization cause there are 2 throats, each with less fuel, thus allowing them to atomize individually in smaller amounts then joining the 2 mixtures together. Make sense? Doesn't to me either, but that's what they say. Ha ha.
                        I ran dual smoothbore Mikunis both into the stock manifold on my Ironhead. That thing had some throttle response!! 55 mpg too. Only reason I got rid of them was no leg room. And yes they were cool....

Arby have you checked out Cyclexchange?

Last edited by Guest; 01-22-2011, 9:42 PM.

Comment

• endlessbummer
                          • Apr 2010

any pictures of dual SU's?

Comment

• ARBY
                            • Apr 2024

Originally posted by xllance
                            I ran dual smoothbore Mikunis both into the stock manifold on my Ironhead. That thing had some throttle response!! 55 mpg too. Only reason I got rid of them was no leg room. And yes they were cool....

Arby have you checked out Cyclexchange?

http://cyclexchange.net/Harley%20Twin%20Carb.htm
                            Yep. I spoke with them, got some info but just wasn't able to come across with $500 plus shipping for the set. Then there was the special length cables to run with my apes. With everything I was looking at an $800 bill. I even almost bought a used set ( I should have) but thought they would be too small -they were 29mm. and 32mm was recommended. Before I start up a search again I'd like to make sure it's gonna be feasable and worth it. Oh yeah, they most definitely ARE cool!

How did you run duals with a stock manifold??? Any pics?

Comment

• xllance
                              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by ARBY
                              Yep. I spoke with them, got some info but just wasn't able to come across with $500 plus shipping for the set. Then there was the special length cables to run with my apes. With everything I was looking at an $800 bill. I even almost bought a used set ( I should have) but thought they would be too small -they were 29mm. and 32mm was recommended. Before I start up a search again I'd like to make sure it's gonna be feasable and worth it. Oh yeah, they most definitely ARE cool!

How did you run duals with a stock manifold??? Any pics?
                              Yeah, the one's I had were 29 mm and I'm pretty sure you were looking at buying mine sometime last year. I had them on the classifieds here. The set up was just like the ones on Cycle X. They had a "y" manifold that bolted up to the stock manifold. The 29 mm carbs I ran were once used on a Panhead so they probably would work on your bike.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;