Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBY
    • Apr 2024

[QUOTE=Bandersnatch;271878]...Also, I'm wondering "What kind of bars fit with the cables sent?"
    I got quite a few different pairs but I've been digging my sixteens.

QUOTE]

I got 'em on my 16's sitting on 4" risers and I have a little room. Which air cleaners did you order them with??

There, back up to the top.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-17-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
      • Dec 2011

I ordered the flat ones. I remember seeing that dual carb "Knuckle Killer" in the Horse and kinda lit the fire.

16s and 4inch risers....That's what I'm runnin now, but I'm gettin shorter risers coming cuz the rake is causin clearance issues with the PNut tank I plan on runnin.

Did you have to make your own cables or are you running what CycleX sends? I'm just tryin to line all my ducks up so I have minimum downtime.

Comment

• easyspeed
        • Dec 2010

Digging this thread, cyclex are good people. I used a lot of their parts on my sohc chop. The charging system and the dual carb setup. I had some problems being a little green and in over my head, but they went out of their way to help. Just gotta call, I don't think they spend a lot of time checking emails or playing online.

Comment

• ARBY
          • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
          I ordered the flat ones. I remember seeing that dual carb "Knuckle Killer" in the Horse and kinda lit the fire.

16s and 4inch risers....That's what I'm runnin now, but I'm gettin shorter risers coming cuz the rake is causin clearance issues with the PNut tank I plan on runnin.

Did you have to make your own cables or are you running what CycleX sends? I'm just tryin to line all my ducks up so I have minimum downtime.
          Nope. Just used what came with them. At first glance they looked like they would be too short but the work just fine. Hail coldsmokejr !!!

Comment

• ARBY
            • Apr 2024

Hey Bandersnatch. You get the carbs yet? Where's the pics?????

Comment

• Bandersnatch
              • Dec 2011

Just now got an email from fedx that said it shipped today.
              The lady that took my order said they were out of town and wouldn't be able to get to my order until this week. And then Presidents Day.....probably been backed up a lil bit too. Probably be in from Wisconsin by Monday. It's fine though. I'm switching a whole bunch of stuff around on my bike at the moment anyway.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                • Dec 2011

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! They're here!
                [IMG][/IMG]
                Couple questions?
                Are they pretty much plug and play or is there some adjusting I should do before I Put them on?

Do I have to run some tubing down and outta the way like Arby or should I block off the inlets or leave them or what?

I also saw on their site that "fuel enrichening circuit" they were selling and I wonder if I'd have the same effect if I ran a some lines off of my tank's vent? But that something that can wait till later.

I'm gonna go yank off the super e I got on it cuz I just lined up a buyer for it for 250 or 150 plus his screamin eagle carb. Probably polish up the slide covers on the mikunis real quick before I slap them on.

Comment

• ARBY
                  • Apr 2024

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! They're here!
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  Couple questions?
                  Are they pretty much plug and play or is there some adjusting I should do before I Put them on?

Do I have to run some tubing down and outta the way like Arby or should I block off the inlets or leave them or what?

I also saw on their site that "fuel enrichening circuit" they were selling and I wonder if I'd have the same effect if I ran a some lines off of my tank's vent? But that something that can wait till later.

I'm gonna go yank off the super e I got on it cuz I just lined up a buyer for it for 250 or 150 plus his screamin eagle carb. Probably polish up the slide covers on the mikunis real quick before I slap them on.

The jets they came with should be pretty close to right if not dead on.

I'd start with the air screws 2 turns out. Idle screws 4 turns out.

Don't block off the vent spigots! If your needle and seats leak gas can overflow into the manifold/cylinders. Upon ignition the mani could explode or your crankcase will fill up with gas. Either one will screw up the motor. They should have come with vent hoses. Don't know squat about the enrichining circuit.

Ya may wanna hang onto that E just in case you have problems with the duals down the line. I never put all my eggs in one basket. I always have a spare something for everything.

Just in case you don't have a manual for those mickies, here's a link that might help.

Last edited by Guest; 02-29-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• flamedaddy
                    • Jan 2012

2 cents

Guy I know ran two tillotson carbs . Made his own intakes and ran one to each head. HE DID NOT run 2 front heads...looked cool, intakes had a bit of an upsweep, and ran stacks...

Comment

• ARBY
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by flamedaddy
                      Guy I know ran two tillotson carbs . Made his own intakes and ran one to each head. HE DID NOT run 2 front heads...looked cool, intakes had a bit of an upsweep, and ran stacks...
                      Yep, it's done that way too.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                        • Dec 2011

Wow. So after reading this I've been waiting on my "machinist" to build my "custom" dual carb air cleaner for over four months.
                        Maybe I oughta pay him a visit and get my stuff back from him and build it by hand like I planned in the first place.
                        So Check it out.
                        I had plans of making my own dual carbs.
                        I had collected a couple of manifolds and a set of dual Mikunis.
                        I just swapped the jets out of them for my unused extra jets from the CycleX kit.
                        Had:170main and a 35? pilot
                        Now has: 190 main and a 25 pilot.
                        I'm sure that jetting will be perfect for an Ironhead, as it was just barely too lean for my shovel.
                        Is that all that is needed? Am I missing anything?
                        I think it's time to sell off the stuff I'm not using.
                        The WEBER Manifold isn't a quite a perfect fit for the Mikuni boots. Any suggestions on the fix?
                        Adapt it with just a little steel plate to seal it maybe?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Bandersnatch; 07-10-2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• ARBY
                          • Apr 2024

Wow. That manifold fitment is way far off. How do the throat bores match up? I'd worry about air and fuel flow if they're not close to on center. How come you aren't just using the Cycle-X kit you bought?
                          Last edited by Guest; 07-10-2012, 5:53 AM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                            • Dec 2011

It's about the difference of using a stock Harley carb with an SnS mainfold.
                            Like, I'm pretty sure it's all good as long as the manifold is bigger than the carb......but problems if the carb's outlet is restricted to the motor.

I am using my CycleX kit and loving it.....just in want of a new aircleaner setup.

I was saving these parts for a future project, but now I think my next scoot is gonna be something a little different. So I'm trying to piece these dual carbs together.

I'm thinking that if I strip the rubber off of the manifold side of the carbs and tach on an adapter plate to better center the carbs then the floodgates will be opened.

So my wondering is.......
                            Do all I have to do really is switch out the jet size and sort out the manifold issue?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TimB1640
                              • Nov 2009

hey arby nice job on the shovel!

Comment

• ARBY
                                • Apr 2024

So my wondering is.......
                                Do all I have to do really is switch out the jet size and sort out the manifold issue?
                                That should be just about it. That and another dual throttle cable and you should be able to dial them in just like the others.

BTW. Any issues getting the Shovel all set up and running right with the Cycle-X's?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;