Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ARBY
    • Mar 2024

Originally posted by xllance
    Yeah, the one's I had were 29 mm and I'm pretty sure you were looking at buying mine sometime last year. I had them on the classifieds here. The set up was just like the ones on Cycle X. They had a "y" manifold that bolted up to the stock manifold. The 29 mm carbs I ran were once used on a Panhead so they probably would work on your bike.
    Yep, that's them. I still have the dent in my ass from kickin' myself for not buying them.

Comment

• Millmech666
      • Feb 2010

Hey met a guy runnin' 2/32mm Keihin Flatslide PWK Carbs... Got 'em from Mikes XS. Course it's on an ironhead. Let me see if I can't track him down and see if I can't get some pics this weekend.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
        • Sep 2010

I am running the cycle x dual carb setup on my rubber mount sporty, I did have to use a yost 1" spacer to get the manifold to clear the cylinders (which means I'm having serious leg clearing issues, and I'm not going to mid controls). Actually thinkin about selling the setup and going back to the CV, although, your going to need a different manifold for that shovel.

Comment

• ARBY
          • Mar 2024

Originally posted by xllance
          Yeah, the one's I had were 29 mm and I'm pretty sure you were looking at buying mine sometime last year. I had them on the classifieds here. The set up was just like the ones on Cycle X. They had a "y" manifold that bolted up to the stock manifold. The 29 mm carbs I ran were once used on a Panhead so they probably would work on your bike.
          Do you still have those or did you sell them off??

Comment

• superglide
            • Mar 2024

Check with Fab-Kevin , I kind of remember him doing that about 5 years ago .

Comment

• Wooley
              • Jan 2011

Yep, they look cool. Friend of mine just picked up a 79 Superglide chop bored and stroked to the max and running a Holley four barrel at an estate sale. You can see it at his blog http://billysmotorcycles.blogspot.com
              The guys widow called it the "Holly Davidson"
              Last edited by Wooley; 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Zooligan
                OK. I get running dual carbs where one carb feeds an individual cylinder. You can individually tune the carb to it's dedicated combustion chamber. But what is the point of dual carbs running into a single intake manifold shared by the two cylinders?
                I've seen two small Mikunis rubber "hose" spigot mounted to an adapted stock shovel manifold bolted to a stock manifold. seemed a lil nonsensical because obviously one faces the opposite way so they aren't sharing the load evenly. Also there has been some yakkin about the forward facing manifolds over how the runner length is uneven...performance whatever but they allow for leg clearance. But I don't dig the way those look so it's pointless. Also one of the reasons dual carb heads are used is because each cylinder has it's own "pulse" that the carb uses to supply fuel for more efeciently. So optimally you would you would want to use a "dual plenum intake" over a 2-in-1 intake. Also supposedly a 2into 1 has a cross-pulse situation that causes turbulence or something which makes it LESS efficient. Sorry for digging this thread up. Just Arby seems into it. I dig it too.[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• aaronc
                  • Mar 2024

This is my buddys bike. One carb per cylinder.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                    • Dec 2011

that's one bad mamma jamma at 120"

Comment

• aaronc
                      • Mar 2024

You outta hear that sumbitch run.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by aaronc
                        You outta hear that sumbitch run.
                        What's up with that front cylinder head??

Comment

• chief
                          • Nov 2010

i'm in the process of making a true dual carbed sporty. (evo though) with two ront heads.
                          some may ask themselfs " why?!?!" the plain and simple answer is.. because i thought it would be e new challenge. (doing it to a stock engine with stock parts exept manifolds)

here's where i am at the moment:

i have clearance issues with the front carb, so it will be moved.

also making another manifold for the front to create more leg clearance will get the manifold lenghts closer to each other..

i just like to do something else...

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                            • Dec 2011

Freakin sweet Tox! Probably run the front cylinder's carb straight back on the other side? What size carbs you using? It's gonna blow some minds when you get it buttoned up. Killer scoot man!

Comment

• BigWilly
                              • Dec 2010

It would be cool to see the twin carbs set up like an old XR on a shovel or big twin. Anyone do this?

Comment

• ARBY
                                • Mar 2024

Ooooohhh yeeeaaaahhhhh. My new dual Mikuni's just came in the mail yesterday courtsey of my new hero, coldsmokejr. Gonna start getting my stuff together and screw them on next weekend.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;