CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Awesome all the way around man. I really love the seat too. It really suits the bike well. Hope to see this bike rolling around Ottawa next time I'm up there

CHQTA88

This bike is beautiful. You really did it justice. Classy, clean, and kick ass.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Inspirational

I have been a member of CC for a while but do not post much (lurker I think it is called). I love looking at the different bikes that come out of peoples heads. Some of the work that is done to these motorcycles are absolutely stunning. Yours, to me is the best so far. Thank you first for your service in the military second thanks for sharing a cool build.

PS. I bought my first Harley Davidson, it is a 1983 shovel head low-rider. I pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait.

Get Adobe Flash player

A quick update on the bike: I have had a hoot taking it to events like the Greasebag Jamboree and the Gypsy Run, and we are evenb starting to get a group of guys with cool rides right here in frozen Ottawa. Lee has been pestering me to put a set of his custom stainless bars on the bike since the beginning, so yesterday we started a set of narrow, curved-down windows, and today he finished them. You can see more of Lee's handlebar work in the thread here: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26370

(The photos below are taken from that thread, courtesy of Chad, http://www.chopcult.com/americancyclechad/)

304 stainless steel, 1'' O.D. 0.120'' wall

The initial welds

Welding in the triple-tree jig with brace

Final look - skinny lane-splitter!

Such a rad bike! Awesome detail.
    I was looking at your mid controls, it looks like you cant reach your clutch or brake pedal without taking your whole foot off the peg, is that awkward?
    Out of habbit I always ride with my toe over the brake pedal for quick stops etc.
    Cheers

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by augo View Post
    Such a rad bike! Awesome detail.
    I was looking at your mid controls, it looks like you cant reach your clutch or brake pedal without taking your whole foot off the peg, is that awkward?
    Out of habbit I always ride with my toe over the brake pedal for quick stops etc.
    Cheers
    I can actually reach either the clutch or the brake with my foot angled on the peg (I have big feet), but to tell the truth, I tend to keep my feet flat on the pegs and just toe forward when I need to hit the brake or clutch. It is not much of a move, and once you get used to it it is second nature and doesn't seem to be awkward or take additional time. In fact, the brake is still closer than the original Panhead rear brake setup, which required a much larger and more awkward movement up to the brake pedal.

We built these foot controls custom specifically for me in the sitting position on this bike, so they fit me pretty good

Get Adobe Flash player

Such an amazing build, that sissy bar is perfect, whats the height on it?

Get Adobe Flash player

such a wonderful bike, the lines are perfect.

I know you're planning to shave the forks... right?

Get Adobe Flash player

Tough looking bike! Great job, did you ever find out what hub your running with the mullin trees?

Get Adobe Flash player

Did you have this thing in victoria in the summer? I seem to remember shootin the shit with you at Wheelies where I work...But maybe im totally off..

Any regard, it fucking rules.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by giveitfullthrottle View Post
    Tough looking bike! Great job, did you ever find out what hub your running with the mullin trees?
    I matched it up against an 80's era Suzuki that a buddy has and appears identical to it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by tron View Post
    Did you have this thing in victoria in the summer? I seem to remember shootin the shit with you at Wheelies where I work...But maybe im totally off..

Any regard, it fucking rules.
    I'm the current owner of the bike, "Buster68" had a great vision for it and Lee at American cycle works(did the fabricating in this thread) did a great job fabbing it all up. I've since made a few changes to it to make it my own, like we all do and absolutely love the scooter!
    And yes its new-again home is Victoria and was at Wheelies for that parts swap.
    Cheers!

Get Adobe Flash player

Well let's see it with the changes!

Get Adobe Flash player

@Rigpig - thanks for the kudos. I'd love to see the changes you have made to the bike. That bike will always be a head-turner no matter what. The version you got was the third version in the time I owned it, and I'm sure it has been through many more metamorphasis in it's 60 years. I saw a pic of it on Wheelies' Instagram feed, but haven't seen any with the changes (I think you had only changed the handlebars in that pic). Hope you are still out riding - it was -27 degrees this week with wind chill here in Halifax!

Get Adobe Flash player

Man I LOVE seeing this thread get bumped. One of the greatest bikes ever on CC. Lets see some current pics Rigpig!

Get Adobe Flash player

really nice work there man

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Buster68 View Post
    @Rigpig - thanks for the kudos. I'd love to see the changes you have made to the bike. That bike will always be a head-turner no matter what. The version you got was the third version in the time I owned it, and I'm sure it has been through many more metamorphasis in it's 60 years. I saw a pic of it on Wheelies' Instagram feed, but haven't seen any with the changes (I think you had only changed the handlebars in that pic). Hope you are still out riding - it was -27 degrees this week with wind chill here in Halifax!
    I'll get some pics of the minor things i did to it, nothing drastic as I just love the way it sits really! Don't think i'll ever do anything to the tins, the paint scheme and colours just pop and if anything i'll save them and get new ones to fab into something else. I spent some time on maintenance, fluids, bearings repacked, carb kit/overhaul, cam cover gasket, new belt, trans was leaking pretty bad, so i pulled it also. It'll probably get some shaved legs in the near future also.
    Fabbed up some 316 stainless oil lines to get rid of the low hanging rubber ones. Tig welded some new Swagelock fittings on the oil tank for the lines. Had Stephan at "Zombie" send me some stainless riserless mini apes.
    The rear jug is pushing some serious smoke and oil, could be valve guides or seals so it'll get a teardown and freshened up.
    I bounce around from coal mines to oil sands mines building mining equipment so i don't get a lot of time at home unfortunately to play with my toys.
    Anyhow, i'll post up a couple shots next time i'm home.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Rigpig; 01-22-2015 at 9:49 PM. Reason: phonics

Get Adobe Flash player

Photo insert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1900.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

As it sits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2135.jpg  

I'm from Nanaimo BC and I totally recognise that bike in its original form, I came across the pic on Google and saw it was on CC so I just finished reading the whole thread, I played in a band with a couple guys named Chris Andreas and Warren Fletcher, and we played the pig and fin one year, Warren knew the original owner of that bike I can guarantee it, I vaguely remember it being fired up. This Had to be 8 or more years ago now, as I've lived in Alberta since 2006. I also kind of recognise Lee, unless he has a doppelganger. The years haven't been kind to my memory
    Last edited by Johnnythunder; 04-22-2015 at 9:09 PM. Reason: didn't want to post twice

Share This