CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Hybrid View

Default GS550 cafe build

2 days after I bought my gs650 I picked up a gs550 with a title for $100 to use a for parts. After I got my 650 done I wanted something to do over the winter so I started messing with the 550. Then I found another gs550 on C-list with a good motor and no title for $250. Here's where I am so far.

Last edited by gs650; 01-08-2011 at 8:51 AM.

Dude, that thing is gonna look real nice. I have an 81 GS 550L kinda gonna do the same thing. I love you metal work man. Post more pics as you move along.
    What year is yours? That tank shape is a lot nicer looking than mine.

thanks man. Mine is an 80. the tank is from a 75 gt380.

I've got a ton of 550 parts if you guys need anything lemme know. including a complete gasket set.

Quote Originally Posted by gs650 View Post
    [
    Hot. As. Fire.

That tail piece is great!

Thanks guys. The tail is my first attempt at making something out of metal. It came out pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by gs650 View Post
    Thanks guys. The tail is my first attempt at making something out of metal. It came out pretty good.
    It came out really god man. Keep that shit up dude.....

that tail is a really nice shape and not to big, good work man.

livingdeadmc

Super clean looking build...nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadmc View Post
    Super clean looking build...nice job.
    Hear Hear... mad skills bro.

Can you walk us through your cleaning process on the carbs? I find the the small nooks and such to be impossible to clean with wire wheel/sandpaper/wire brush etc.

So cool man love this bike! thanks for the info on the wrap and wheel paint. i already bought some dupli color wheel paint for my wheels and plan on doing them black hub and spokes and then leting them cure and tape them off then do the rim in duplicolor's bronze wheel paint similar to the wrap color. cant wait to get it done! where are you from?

Thanks for the compliments guys. The carbs were disassembled and soaked in carb dip for a week each. Every couple days I would take them out and scrub some shit off of them and then put them back in the carb dip. The tops I just polished on my buffing wheel. I'm NW of philly.

I haven't updated this in a while. I changed the bars, still not sure if I like them,

How did you secure the tank at the rear? It looks like you removed the stock mount from the frame. I'd love some details on how you mounted the tank.

Share This