X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sohcool
    • Apr 2024

Color idea, need opinions.

Want opinions on this combo.

Going on this tank, and a fender that will match.

Everything would be silver metalflake, the top panel where the cap is would be candy brown over, and the sides below where the sight holes are would be blue over.

Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks.
  • garbage
    • Apr 2024

I don't understand. Sounds like you have your colors picked out already. You want more colors, that go with the colors, you have already picked?

Comment

• sohcool
      • Apr 2024

Well, I figured the statement "looking for opinions" was pretty straight forward. Lol

Lemme try again.

"Hey there guy! Wondering if I can get some opinions, thoughts, or other suggestions on this color combination or other colors that might work better. Thanks."

Comment

• garbage
        • Apr 2024

Imo, I would keep it a bit more simple. That tank is very busy, as is, so I would run root beer over it and maybe an orange, across the panel with the holes. Maybe a cream stripe, to separate the two.

Comment

• motorlou
          • Jun 2010

i would stick with blue and silver or rootbeer and blue but not 3 colors unless you are leonardo davinci and find a super cool way to tie in the three. just my 2 cents

Comment

• sohcool
            • Apr 2024

Cool. My first choice was brown, orange, and creme but then someone referred to it as the a&w bike idea. Haha Man, it would be a great color combo though.

Comment

• sohcool
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by motorlou
              i would stick with blue and silver or rootbeer and blue but not 3 colors unless you are leonardo davinci and find a super cool way to tie in the three. just my 2 cents
              The only issue I have with the two color thing is that the way the tank is paneled off with wire form creates a center panel that I don't know what to do with.

I'm no davinci, but I did attend art school. Haha

Comment

• motorlou
                • Jun 2010

i just say keep it kinda simple, that is a fucken sweet tank as is. if you try to over do the paint you will be taking attention away from those features, know what i mean?

Comment

• garbage
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by sohcool
                  The only issue I have with the two color thing is that the way the tank is paneled off with wire form creates a center panel that I don't know what to do with.

I'm no davinci, but I did attend art school. Haha
                  Do the center panel one color, and the top and bottom panels the other. So the panel around the gas cap match the one on the bottom.

Comment

• calicruiser
                    • Aug 2009

I would do brown on top and bottom and blue where the holes are. . . send it to me, I will paint it for you

love brown and blue!

Comment

• sohcool
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by calicruiser
                      I would do brown on top and bottom and blue where the holes are. . . send it to me, I will paint it for you

love brown and blue!
                      Hey now.... that's an idea.....

Comment

• sohcool
                        • Apr 2024

I should probably add that the frame color is creme... what about blue and brown with a creme pinstripe to seperate them right on the top of the wire forming that matches the frame? Would pull a little continuity through the tank/fender.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;