Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwagner
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by 66triumph
    I thought you could lick the new orange banded shit? thats what I use on everything.

-A.
    I've actually started using the 2% Lanthanated on recommendation from the "Welding tips and tricks" website.....best choice I've made since buying my Dynasty. Not the readily available 1.5% ones, they actually deteriorate rather quickly. I really recommend them to anyone who does both Aluminum and steel welding.....they keep a nice point for a long time, even when welding with AC........
    Last edited by bwagner; 01-29-2011, 7:19 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

• JLeather
      • Dec 2009

Why the speed-control box? It's in the pic, but not mentioned in the write-up. Can you not just run the angle-grinder at normal speed?

Comment

• specialseventynine
        • Aug 2009

You can run the angle grinder at full speed, I just find it nice to be able to dial it down a bit for tip grinding control.

Comment

• PipefitterJosh
          • Apr 2024

Another tip from a welder, always rotate the tungsten in the same direction when sharpening. Sounds minimal, but a swirling pattern of grinding on the tip will affect the characteristics of your arc

Comment

• nmaineron
            • Nov 2010

What besides aluminum are you using AC for?

We had to weld coupons for high pressure steam black iron tests, TIG the root and cover for 4 or 5 passes .We always brought our Tungsten to a sharp point,the welder dude that was overseeing the testing told us that we should be blunting our tips.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;