Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChoppyGee
    • Aug 2009

Brit Bike Folks?!?!

Ok I may or may not have acquired a '58 BSA Bantam D5 frame (still working it out)
    I would like to run it in Bonneville this next coming year...Bantam engines are very hard to locate so fa,r seems like the guys who run the circuit just for them in UK snatch them all up. I'm not very familiar with them (yet) and they're not very popular bikes to chop since they're small two stroke thumpers but I was hoping you fellas could point me in the right direction of somewhere I could pick up Bantam parts especially D5 or D7 engines/engine parts. Or perhaps another small brit engine I could stuff in there (most likely will have to be Unit construction) I was thinking maybe a BSA Victor 441 if they're any easier to obtain. what you guys think? any help is extremely appreciated! thanks!
  • Tyler
    • Jul 2009

Not familiar with the Bantam frame, but you could always look at a BSA B50 that is a 500cc unit, the Victor 441 could be good too. I have seen, and my good friend who likes B50s has, full motors go for a couple hundred bucks at brit bike swap meets. He actually bought his latest B50 for $700, running and riding at Mid Ohio this year.

Comment

• ChoppyGee
      • Aug 2009

Thanks Tyler I'll look into the B50. I suppose I just need to wait and see just what i'm working with, with this frame.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;