CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Bubble Shield lost.

Went for a late night ride last night with a buddy. Was gonna head down to Coney Island from Greenpoint. 20 miles each way, no big deal, but he's never seen Coney. It was raining a little on and off all day, but it wasn't too cold for December 1st in New York. It started raining a little harder once we hit the highway, and though I wasn't exactly dressed for rain, my leather jacket would keep my upper body dry, and my sweet-ass Lowbrow Customs Bubble Shield would keep my face dry.
    Then it happened, I heard a loud "click" and watched my bubble fly off. I hadn't turned my head or anything. I was just going straight, looking straight. Thing flew off my damn head and left me getting pelted in the eyes with rain drops.
    I was completely unprepared, didn't bring anything extra for the eyeballs, and had no luck finding anything local. So on I went, 20 miles in the rain that was getting progressively worse, trying to block with one hand and ride with the other, cursing. Cursing a lot. Made it to by buddys house, getting splashed my every god damn mother fucker along the way, and even had a few assholes flash their brights at me for doing 25 in a 30, picked up a pair of KDs from him and headed home.

Just a word of caution to those of you out there riding with a bubble, MAKE SURE SHE'S ON THERE TIGHT! I've had mine a few months now, but I take it off quite a bit because I don't have a flip up. Maybe this time around I'll buy that flip up base with a new bubble and drop a little glue in the snaps to keep it nice and tight on there.

Get Adobe Flash player

sounds gnarly man, glad you didn't go down in that shitty weather. call me a pussy or whatever but hearing this makes me glad I still got a full face for the wintertime.

Get Adobe Flash player

Bummer. That does not sound like a fun experience.

Did any company ever make those bubble shields with five snaps? It'd be better if they could snap to the side of a 3/4 helmet. I noticed that the new Hustler helmets have snaps on the side of the helmet as well as the three on the brow.

Capino

I just bought a five snap shield for my old buco, no more worrying about the bubble shield flying off and it actually blocks the wind/rain alot better.

Get Adobe Flash player

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/attach...1&d=1291240487

I have one of these yellow ones. Doesn't catch wind, can be stored flat, and doesn't smell like puke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 750_101011_echo_pdcts_163.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks JahSun, I was pretty happy I didn't eat it too. And Motorradfahrer, it was an experience though, and I learned to always keep some cheap specs on me, so I guess I'll refer to it as a "learning experience" hah.

I'd like something more secure, I ride with a Gen2 Biltwell though, so no side snaps.
    Definitely not happy LowBrow is sold out, but I found a new shield on eBay for pretty cheap, and I'm sure it'll smell like death when it gets here.

Get Adobe Flash player

I just switched to the Fulmer Tri-Sheld and really like it

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by McFonzarelli View Post
    , I ride with a Gen2 Biltwell though, so no side snaps.
    I have a lot of old flake helmets, all with 5 snaps. But I have a Biltwell also, (which fits soooo nice and keeps out the wind), I am thinking of adding a couple of snaps to the side. Not like it's going to make it "un-DOT".

Share This