Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fameland
    • Nov 2010

Hi Performance battery choices

Hi , I posted this question before at the main forum, maybe this is the better place:

for my Redneck Chopper with a 100 ci Revtech engine - what battery would you recommend?
    It lays on its side on the underside of the bike, so it needs to be a small gel battery.
    But I believe I have different options in terms of 250, 300 amps or even 400 plus?
    Any particular brand you'd prefer over others. A friend suggested something metric / European, a small battery for high compression engines such as Hayabusas'.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fameland; 12-02-2010, 8:45 PM.
  • Vassago
    • Aug 2010

Yo man check these guys out, I am thinking of changing over to the 8 or 12 cell, they are considerable smaller than stock and I need some extra space like everyone else im sure.

Great domain names provide SEO, branding, and a memorable experience for your users. Get a premium domain today.

Comment

• rustrocket84
      • Aug 2009

Go with an AGM type battery. They are super strong and resistant to vibration. I'd go with the biggest battery you can CCA wise and still make it fit without it looking like shit, or having to change the battery box.

Comment

• RIPshitRIOT
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Vassago
        Yo man check these guys out, I am thinking of changing over to the 8 or 12 cell, they are considerable smaller than stock and I need some extra space like everyone else im sure.

http://www.motydesign.com/index.php
        There was a dude saying he was gonna do a "How To" on making one of those for yourself in the Jap Bike forum (I think). Don't know if he's done it yet or not, or remember which thread it's from, but he went over the basics in one of the threads (I want to say his handle is "Ibuiltmine").

Comment

• fameland
          • Nov 2010

Wow,
          motydesign: they look frikkin slick! Thanks!
          Last edited by fameland; 12-02-2010, 8:51 PM.

Comment

• Sky
            • Aug 2009

Those Redneck batt boxes KILL batteries. Two cust bikes have been going strong with this little trick.
            Wrap the sides of the batt in one layer of cut up inner-tube before you bolt the tray to the trans plate. A small piece of black duct tape will hold the rubber around the batt while you juggle the pieces.
            You cant even see it when assembled but it does help dampen the road shocks and keep the batt from sliding side to side.

Comment

• rustrocket84
              • Aug 2009

If you have to wrap it get some sheet rubber usually in the plumbing section of a good hardware store. I have some ranging from 1/8 to 3/8 of an inch thick. It comes in 12x12 inch squares at my local hardware store.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;