Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junkyard2
    • Sep 2009

lowering a kz 650...

i would like to know your ideas on the best and cheapest ( cant help it broke as shit) why to lower the rear of my kz. when winter sets in its getting chopped so i dont want to dump a lot money in lowering it right now..any ideas????
  • choppadero473
    • Sep 2009

Just like a car, cut that spring a little bit at a time, just dont hack 3 inches off the thing...you can grind out the little adjuster sockets or whatever you call em at the botttom of the shock for some finer tuning if you really wanna get down...thats what jesus would do

Comment

• junkyard2
      • Sep 2009

i never thought of grinding them little guys off wonder how much drop id get off that?

Comment

• lobstermobster
        • Aug 2009

make some struts.

Comment

• rusjack
          • Mar 2024

dont want to spend any money? take your shocks and just cut off the spring. i did it to a set of shocks today when i got fed up with trying to shorten the springs

Comment

• lobstermobster
            • Aug 2009

might be a dumb question. but how do you get the shocks apart to cut the spring. i took mine off my bike but couldnt figure how to take it apart.

Comment

• gofastmoto
              • Sep 2009

depending on the bike, you have to compress the shock and remove a notched washer from the top eye of the shock. spring removal 101. you and a buddy can do it ( or a big enough vice)

Comment

• justin666
                • Mar 2024

Originally posted by lobstermobster
                might be a dumb question. but how do you get the shocks apart to cut the spring. i took mine off my bike but couldnt figure how to take it apart.
                you cant take apart the shocks that came on my kz, well atleast thats what the manual says, so you could... but its not like an easy, unscrew this bolt, or take this off... ya know? haha

i'm willing to bet this would work though... "depending on the bike, you have to compress the shock and remove a notched washer from the top eye of the shock. spring removal 101. you and a buddy can do it ( or a big enough vice)"
                Last edited by Guest; 09-12-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• lobstermobster
                  • Aug 2009

Alright. i ll have to try that.

yeah me and you justin have the same shocks. couldn't tell you how dumbfounded i was just holding in my hands trying to figure out the magic password or something to get that think apart. i tried all the usual ones like "abra ka dabra" and even "please." none of them worked.

Comment

• justin666
                    • Mar 2024

yeahhhh my manual says no go on taking em apart, but i liked the guy above me, his idea seemed like it ought to work.

but yeah first time i took those things off i stared at it for like an hour and was just like, fuck i have no idea ha

Comment

• dirtyd
                      • Sep 2009

wanna get them springs off fast , get your hot saw out and slit em down one side then the other they come off real quick. too easy.

Comment

• WOMPY
                        • Aug 2009

I have some 11" stainless struts I am willing to part with since now my bike has a hardtail. I'll have to take a pic. They're 1" dia solid 303 ss with speed holes.

Comment

• cdnfire
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by lobstermobster
                          Alright. i ll have to try that.

yeah me and you justin have the same shocks. couldn't tell you how dumbfounded i was just holding in my hands trying to figure out the magic password or something to get that think apart. i tried all the usual ones like "abra ka dabra" and even "please." none of them worked.
                          Dude, I hear ya. I was just doing the same thing, with probably the same look on my face.

Comment

• sohcool
                            • Mar 2024

Common swap is sportster shocks, but you don't wanna spend any money

Just strut it. :thumbup:

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;