Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tobiism
    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by shiftace
    i chuckled when I saw the helmet at first, then I laughed more when I saw it on the occ bike...but the rest of your bike is so fucking proper that I'm overlooking it. That gixxer wheel swap is sick and maybe worth doing a write up on as a tech article in the future hint-hint
    Heh, thanks man. I know the hood ain't for everyone but then again I've never been one to build my shit for other people.
    When I take the wheels off again to paint them I'll snap some photos of everything I did to make these fit.

Comment

• carl609
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tobiism
      Thats alright, I would never even compare my shit to theirs, so its no bother to me.
      Oh trust me, there is no comparison between your bike and the OCC pile. I think your bike is fuckin sweet, like a Harley Hypermotard

Comment

• tobiism
        • Aug 2009

got the new sprocket on, rear wheel painted, chain marked and ready to cut, and the 1 and 3/8" shock lift blocks made.
        I'm so diggin' the look-

Comment

• rouser
          • Jul 2009

what stabilizer is that? as in manufacture that is...

Comment

• tobiism
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by rouser
            what stabilizer is that? as in manufacture that is...
            I'm not sure, I bought it off of Ebay thinking it was a Daytona. The shape of it doesn't look like Daytona though because its not perfectly round, it has two flat sides.

Comment

• tobiism
              • Aug 2009

here are some shots of the lift blocks for the shocks, keep in mind
              they're not finished, just roughed out for the moment. I turned up 2 1/2" spacers between the shock and the lift block The bottom bolt is a 1/2" shoulder bolt that I turned the head down on to clear the brake caliper mount

Comment

• tobiism
                • Aug 2009

WOW!!!! I am still smiling after my first ride on the new and improved "S". The power to weight difference, the quickened turn-in and the much improved holding ability while in the turn are UNFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!! This baby wheelies like you wouldn't believe!!!
                I feel like I have a comfy Buell now.
                I'm hoping to get one of those helmet cams for Christmas so I can show y'all just how nice this conversion is!!!

Comment

• inxs
                  • Sep 2009

I dig man, the welding mask is a nice touch.

Comment

• svwannabe
                    • Aug 2009

The bike looks sweet, im not a fan of the stock seat and fender with it being jacked up... A cafe tail would complete the bike in my opinion

Comment

• tobiism
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by svwannabe
                      The bike looks sweet, im not a fan of the stock seat and fender with it being jacked up... A cafe tail would complete the bike in my opinion
                      Well, function is overruling form on this build. I actually dig the current look, but its mainly because my wife loves to ride with me.

Comment

• tobiism
                        • Aug 2009

Here is an easy way to lock your custom caliper in place on your swingarm.
                        Its simply two little bobbins that are screwed into the brake plate and ride along the bottom of the swingarm to keep it from spinning when the brakes are applied.

I wish I could have countersunk the allen heads into the bobbins but I couldn't get my boring bar to work in that small hole properly.

Comment

• tobiism
                          • Aug 2009

Noticed my chain was slapping my swingarm today and made a chain rub. I wanted to use a primary tensioner but I don't have one laying around so I used the next best thing, a cutting board! Easy peasy japanesey

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                            • Jun 2010

Is it slapping because the rear is lowered? I havent seen too many of those on the top side?

Comment

• tobiism
                              • Aug 2009

Its because the rear is raised so much. It brings the chain closer to the top of the swingarm.

Comment

• wickedblockhead
                                • Aug 2009

when are you gonna lose that seat and show us one of your badass creations? not that this entire bike isnt badass, but i like to push the envelope with you

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;