Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffo
    • Aug 2009

40 over Sugar Bear Springer

Sugar Bear has had tabs on 3 of the 40 over springers he built and the 4th and final one recently surfaced along with the matching frame and landed in the capable hands of Shannon Aikau, I think he did it justice, the paint is fucking sick (Ryan Evans Kaotic paint)

I belive this will be coming out in a mag soon so I dont want to steal too much thunder. Must be hard with magazines these days the bikes come out on the interwebs before you can get your mag out. More pics at http://www.aikaubuilt.com/
  • MileHighMurdercycle
    • Dec 2009

Sick! I was just pricing out a Sugar Bear front end yesterday. Now if I could just find someone who could rake and stretch my AMF Ironhead frame. Really don't wanna fuck with registration, and that damn huge cast front end around the neck is a bitch!

Comment

• oldmansporty63
      • Jan 2010

fucking sweet. bet its fucking expensive though......

Comment

• beanmachine
        • Apr 2010

cool to look at, but I like a nice light/short flickable bike myself.

But it is pretty damn wicked

Comment

• Sighless
          • May 2010

That is one Lllllooooooooonnnnng bike. Very cool.

Comment

• jeffo
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
            Sick! I was just pricing out a Sugar Bear front end yesterday. Now if I could just find someone who could rake and stretch my AMF Ironhead frame. Really don't wanna fuck with registration, and that damn huge cast front end around the neck is a bitch!
            Here's one Shannon did with a santee wishbone frame, cut and raked to 51 degrees with a 25 over Sugar Bear springer, this front end was so perfectly balanced so light no flop one of my favorite Counts Kustoms creations .

Photo Credit Yass @ Vibes magazine Japan

Comment

• jeffo
              • Aug 2009

There was a 25 over S.B. springer for sale over on the J.J. guy here in vegas had it, dont know if he still does might be worth a look.

Comment

• NHMike
                • Apr 2024

You really gotta know what the fuck you're doing if you build a long bike like that. Alot of long bikes I see just don't "look" right, like there's something missing. These examples are fucking great! I LOVE the looks of a long bike when they're done correctly.

Comment

• lvvato
                  • Aug 2009

Shannon knows his shit! He did these Springers justice!

Comment

• rooster52478
                    • Aug 2010

I dig both of them, especially the first one. I'm not a fan of the seats on either one of them though.

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jeffo
                      Here's one Shannon did with a santee wishbone frame, cut and raked to 51 degrees with a 25 over Sugar Bear springer, this front end was so perfectly balanced so light no flop one of my favorite Counts Kustoms creations .

Photo Credit Yass @ Vibes magazine Japan
                      Ya, that was my only other option. Looks like I gotta buy a Paughco or the new Flyright frame, then have it hacked and goosenecked to get even more rake. If I run the Paughco outta the box, I can only get a 15" over on it. Waitin for the big swap here in Denver come January. Hoping I stumble across something. But whatever I do for my long bike, it will either have a Sugar Bear or Harmen on it. I love the long bike that Trevelen built recently. I'm 6'5" so it would fit me better. And it looks cool as shit. Hell maybe I'll find a whole other project to build it into at the swap.
                      This is the perfect stance!

Comment

• KY13
                        • Aug 2009

wow S>B> rockers make even goofie frames look sweet but 40 over wonder how it handles ky

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by KY13
                          wow S>B> rockers make even goofie frames look sweet but 40 over wonder how it handles ky
                          It's all in the rockers! I don't know what he does, but I have heard people say with his front end, you'd never guess it was as long as it is...... That sounds so wrong....... ha ha ha
                          Last edited by SMChewy; 11-12-2010, 6:34 PM. Reason: I m weetarded

Comment

• me
                            • Dec 2009

I'm really suprised a front end that big doesn't look goofy...what a beautiful bike

Comment

• jeffo
                              • Aug 2009

That 40 over is just as lite as my 25 over, I'm spoiled now after 7 years on my bike with a S.B. springer all front ends feel heavy to me. That bike that Trevelene built is sick, Shannons been riding that 40 over around town, maybe we can talk him into riding it to the upcoming Dice party in Vegas or if your in town you can cruise by the shop and check it out...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;