Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 40 over Sugar Bear Springer

Sugar Bear has had tabs on 3 of the 40 over springers he built and the 4th and final one recently surfaced along with the matching frame and landed in the capable hands of Shannon Aikau, I think he did it justice, the paint is fucking sick (Ryan Evans Kaotic paint)

I belive this will be coming out in a mag soon so I dont want to steal too much thunder. Must be hard with magazines these days the bikes come out on the interwebs before you can get your mag out. More pics at http://www.aikaubuilt.com/

Get Adobe Flash player

Sick! I was just pricing out a Sugar Bear front end yesterday. Now if I could just find someone who could rake and stretch my AMF Ironhead frame. Really don't wanna fuck with registration, and that damn huge cast front end around the neck is a bitch!

Get Adobe Flash player

fucking sweet. bet its fucking expensive though......

Get Adobe Flash player

cool to look at, but I like a nice light/short flickable bike myself.

But it is pretty damn wicked

Get Adobe Flash player

That is one Lllllooooooooonnnnng bike. Very cool.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMurdercycle View Post
    Sick! I was just pricing out a Sugar Bear front end yesterday. Now if I could just find someone who could rake and stretch my AMF Ironhead frame. Really don't wanna fuck with registration, and that damn huge cast front end around the neck is a bitch!
    Here's one Shannon did with a santee wishbone frame, cut and raked to 51 degrees with a 25 over Sugar Bear springer, this front end was so perfectly balanced so light no flop one of my favorite Counts Kustoms creations .

Photo Credit Yass @ Vibes magazine Japan

Get Adobe Flash player

There was a 25 over S.B. springer for sale over on the J.J. guy here in vegas had it, dont know if he still does might be worth a look.

NHMike

You really gotta know what the fuck you're doing if you build a long bike like that. Alot of long bikes I see just don't "look" right, like there's something missing. These examples are fucking great! I LOVE the looks of a long bike when they're done correctly.

Get Adobe Flash player

Shannon knows his shit! He did these Springers justice!

Get Adobe Flash player

I dig both of them, especially the first one. I'm not a fan of the seats on either one of them though.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
    Here's one Shannon did with a santee wishbone frame, cut and raked to 51 degrees with a 25 over Sugar Bear springer, this front end was so perfectly balanced so light no flop one of my favorite Counts Kustoms creations .

Photo Credit Yass @ Vibes magazine Japan
    Ya, that was my only other option. Looks like I gotta buy a Paughco or the new Flyright frame, then have it hacked and goosenecked to get even more rake. If I run the Paughco outta the box, I can only get a 15" over on it. Waitin for the big swap here in Denver come January. Hoping I stumble across something. But whatever I do for my long bike, it will either have a Sugar Bear or Harmen on it. I love the long bike that Trevelen built recently. I'm 6'5" so it would fit me better. And it looks cool as shit. Hell maybe I'll find a whole other project to build it into at the swap.
    This is the perfect stance!

Get Adobe Flash player

wow S>B> rockers make even goofie frames look sweet but 40 over wonder how it handles ky

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by KY13 View Post
    wow S>B> rockers make even goofie frames look sweet but 40 over wonder how it handles ky
    It's all in the rockers! I don't know what he does, but I have heard people say with his front end, you'd never guess it was as long as it is...... That sounds so wrong....... ha ha ha
    Last edited by MileHighMurdercycle; 11-12-2010 at 7:34 PM. Reason: I m weetarded

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm really suprised a front end that big doesn't look goofy...what a beautiful bike

Get Adobe Flash player

That 40 over is just as lite as my 25 over, I'm spoiled now after 7 years on my bike with a S.B. springer all front ends feel heavy to me. That bike that Trevelene built is sick, Shannons been riding that 40 over around town, maybe we can talk him into riding it to the upcoming Dice party in Vegas or if your in town you can cruise by the shop and check it out...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
    That 40 over is just as lite as my 25 over, I'm spoiled now after 7 years on my bike with a S.B. springer all front ends feel heavy to me. That bike that Trevelene built is sick, Shannons been riding that 40 over around town, maybe we can talk him into riding it to the upcoming Dice party in Vegas or if your in town you can cruise by the shop and check it out...
    Isn't it? That and French Kiss' "Caca Pasa" are my 2 favorite bikes from builders still around. This is Caca Pasa (Shit Happens). Not super long, but man are the lines perfect!
    Only pic I could find. But the bike is all moulded, then painted in a faux patina (I know, I know, gay, but these cats pulled it off) then they did something when they striped it (I wanna say the base faux was still wet, or something) to make it look old and aged. I know a lot of you think the making it look old thing is dumb, but I'm tellin you it worked perfect on this bike. I can't picture it painted up all shiny.

Get Adobe Flash player

I really like both of these bikes even though the Counts bike has a few too new/modern items on it. It is just my opinion but the seats on both bikes, especially the top one are HIDEOUS, and totally detract from the bikes beauty and vintage style.
    Last edited by harvcore117; 11-14-2010 at 1:49 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighMurdercycle View Post
    Ya, that was my only other option. Looks like I gotta buy a Paughco or the new Flyright frame, then have it hacked and goosenecked to get even more rake. If I run the Paughco outta the box, I can only get a 15" over on it. Waitin for the big swap here in Denver come January. Hoping I stumble across something. But whatever I do for my long bike, it will either have a Sugar Bear or Harmen on it. I love the long bike that Trevelen built recently. I'm 6'5" so it would fit me better. And it looks cool as shit. Hell maybe I'll find a whole other project to build it into at the swap.
    This is the perfect stance!

Yep Trevelen at SuperCo knows how to put a bike together!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by rooster52478 View Post
    I dig both of them, especially the first one. I'm not a fan of the seats on either one of them though.
    Yeah sweet bikes but those seats are hideous.

Get Adobe Flash player

I work part time at Counts Kustoms with Shannon Aikau . Got a chance to do a little photo shoot with a local Vegas "ahem" exotic dancer.

Dig it, a one of only 4 SB 40 over springers made...

PA163020 (Large) by eric.penrod, on Flickr

PA163012 (Large) by eric.penrod, on Flickr

PA162984 (Large) by eric.penrod, on Flickr

Share This