Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WolfHunter
    • Nov 2009

Went from a 2 kicker to a 20 kicker! Help

Rebuilt/ cleaned the Amal carb on my Triumph Tiger 750 and she went from a 2 kicker to a 20 kicker when cold??!
    Took the carb back off. internals checked out ok. checked for air leaks around flange etc. Tried different needle heights. Slide moves freely. air screw o ring good. anything I might be missing? thnx for any help.
    Last edited by WolfHunter; 10-21-2010, 1:28 PM.
  • KT
    • Aug 2009

if you are sure the gas is right I would look at spark ...If you tickle the carbs and gas is present and it won't fire that is surely what I would look at next ...mine may have it's cold nature days in this fall weather but it will atleast burp or try to fire when cold...

Comment

• CRFyou
      • Mar 2010

is your idle screw pushing up on the slide?

needle position has nothing to do with idle.

make sure you turn your fuel screw all the way in and back it out one full turn to start. and that the idle screw lifts the slide a couple mm.

is fuel coming out when you tickle?

what else is crappening? details on what you did, and what you are sure of resetting the way it was before you cleaned your carb.

Comment

• kllrjo
        • Oct 2010

be carefull of the new panther-piss they call fuel nowadays, had this prob with one of my triumphs,run the bike untill hot, then let it cool overnight,no start the next day! tickler working fine,correct spark, so what gives? drain the float bowl and spray the main jet w/carb cleaner, FIRES RIGHT UP! and continues to the rest of the day! next day[or two] no start!
        what i`m thinking is that the alchohol in the fuel is leaving a "sugar" crust sealing the main jet [ something that forms only after the engine has cooled completly]
        i found that running mid-grade fuel solved this problem [i`d rather run the higher octane stuff]
        might not be your prob, but it just might!

Comment

• WolfHunter
          • Nov 2009

air screw is ok @1 1/2 out. good spark. gas coming out when enriching. But the one thing I havent checked is the idle screw is pushing up on the slide a little. It may not be pushing the slide up at all. I'll keep u posted
          Last edited by WolfHunter; 10-23-2010, 2:11 PM.

Comment

• WolfHunter
            • Nov 2009

turn idle screw in a little. that was it. turned it in bfore guess it wasnt enough.

Comment

• Shoots
              • Jan 2010

Fouled spark plugs maybe?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;