Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XS2rat
    • Dec 2009

hugh, what would you say is too much charge out of the charging system? my multimeter reads just under 15 volts around 14.8 but sometimes creeps a little higher (analog multimeter) but never quite hits 15V. i have an 02' GSXR 600 5 wire reg/rec. was wondering how much the reg/rec you are using costs and what the max voltage output is with the PMA setup.

Comment

• JH282
      • May 2010

Stolen from Mike's Tech Tips: Use a volt meter and see what the battery charge is at 2000 RPM. System should read 14.5 to 14.8 volts @ 2,000 RPM. A fully charged battery will read about 13.5 Volts. Charge should be at least 12.5 volts.

Comment

• Punkskalar
        • Jan 2010

Had lost of interest in the Adapter Kits, and had another run of laser cutting done. I now have over 100 kits in stock, check me out in the Chop Market...

Hugh

Comment

• coachstorms
          • Apr 2024

rounded up everything I need, i'll be in touch for two shortly!

Comment

• ElPaintero
            • Aug 2009

Great idea.
            A buddy of mine has a Honda CX that I believe has a bad stator,think this is possible on that?
            I had one years ago but I don't remember the way the engine is set up.
            I'm goin to look into it fo sho!

www.massholemoto.blogspot.com

Comment

• Punkskalar
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by XS2rat
              hugh, what would you say is too much charge out of the charging system? my multimeter reads just under 15 volts around 14.8 but sometimes creeps a little higher (analog multimeter) but never quite hits 15V. i have an 02' GSXR 600 5 wire reg/rec. was wondering how much the reg/rec you are using costs and what the max voltage output is with the PMA setup.
              Yeah, the information that JH282 listed is fairly generic for any charging system.

Here is a wiring diagram for anyone who might need it. Like I said, its the simplest charging system on the Planet for an XS650. - Hugh

Comment

• coachstorms
                • Apr 2024

ordered 2 kits today, stupid questions to follow shortly...

Comment

• Punkskalar
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by coachstorms
                  ordered 2 kits today, stupid questions to follow shortly...
                  Thats what I am here for

Comment

• chrroe
                    • Nov 2010

Just got one of your kits.
                    This swap will work with the pamcopete system? rotor is on its way and my dead suzuki marauder will sacrifice its stator. just want to make sure on the pete.
                    now I need to find a stupid stator bracket.
                    Last edited by chrroe; 11-05-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• Punkskalar
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chrroe
                      Just got one of your kits.
                      This swap will work with the pamcopete system? rotor is on its way and my dead suzuki marauder will sacrifice its stator. just want to make sure on the pete.
                      now I need to find a stupid stator bracket.
                      Yep, I prefer the Pamco Igntion for these bikes. Reliable, cheap, easy to install. Pete is the MAN

Comment

• ZUnit
                        • Nov 2009

Okay so I rounded up everything I need for the swap or so I thought. I bought a banshee stator but its a High Output Ricky Stator. I heard of people having problems with the headlight being dimmer at an idle with the stock banshee stator. So I bought this thinking more power would be better. But the stator has five wires (Black, Red, Green, White and Yellow). I cant find definintive info on what each wire is. Also will this work at all and will the power output be too much for the reg/rec that Hughs Handbuilt sells? Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance.

Chris

Comment

• Punkskalar
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZUnit
                          Okay so I rounded up everything I need for the swap or so I thought. I bought a banshee stator but its a High Output Ricky Stator. I heard of people having problems with the headlight being dimmer at an idle with the stock banshee stator. So I bought this thinking more power would be better. But the stator has five wires (Black, Red, Green, White and Yellow). I cant find definintive info on what each wire is. Also will this work at all and will the power output be too much for the reg/rec that Hughs Handbuilt sells? Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance.

Chris
                          The Banshee Stator does not work with this setup, only the stators listed in the opening of the thread. You will need a 3 Phase Stator. Sorry to say, but you bought the wrong stator. You want one with 3 Yellow wires coming from the unit. OR 3 Black wires, but they all need to be the same color.

Hugh
                          Last edited by Punkskalar; 11-06-2010, 6:53 AM.

Comment

• ZUnit
                            • Nov 2009

I was under the impression a stock banshee stator wouldnt work because its single phase AC and a single phase stator has 12 poles (6neg and 6 pos). This particular stator has 18 poles. It just has more wires than I expected. I found a couple diagrams for later model stators but this is an earlier one. Also Ive read that one of the wire is a float to ground (whatever that means) and is there if you want to convert to DC. Thats why I was asking about the reg/rec. If Im wrong so be it because I am no electrical genius.

Chris

Comment

• Punkskalar
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ZUnit
                              . If Im wrong so be it because I am no electrical genius.

Chris
                              I am not one either But, I do know that this system works on a 3 Phase System. Don't feel too bad, I did the same thing when I bought my parts All you have to sell is the Stator, and I got decent money back out of mine on ebay and kept the rest.

Comment

• chrroe
                                • Nov 2010

How about the stator off an older kz650 or kz550. They look a lot like the one in this HOW TO.

This is the 550 650

They look like 3 wire

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;