Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluufunk
    • Apr 2010

Carhartt

Anyone ever go down wearing a Carhartt? If so how well did it protect you?

Getting cold and I don't know if I want to fork out the money for a good leather coat or not.
  • themaninblack
    • Nov 2009

I've not went down with mine but I wear it on the bike all the time in fall/spring.

Comment

• drumballer
      • Jun 2010

Man up and buy the leather! If you want to stay mildly warm buy the Carhart if you want protection you cant replace leather or an armor jacket.

Comment

• LinkHogthrob
        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by bluufunk

Getting cold and I don't know if I want to fork out the money for a good leather coat or not.
        Depends on what "cold" is to you. I've got a lined denim version thats about 13 years old; any colder than 60 degrees and I might as well just skip the jacket and wear a long sleeve shirt. It won't stop wind chill for shit.

Comment

• mjasen10
          • Aug 2009

get the leather man. definately the best in my opinion

Comment

• theiguy
            • Jul 2010

go down to your local salvation army or good will. youll probably find a dozen leather jackets of all shapes and sizes. carhartts nice and all, but it wont block wind or water and it wont hold up if you go down like leather. in fact, if youre a 46, ive got a leather if you want it.

Comment

• Rustbucket
              • Aug 2010

If you're lookin for protection, get a real motorcycle leather jacket. They're thicker and have heavier duty stitching than fashion jackets. If you're real serious about protection, look for CE approved armor in the elbows, shoulders and back... Check out the closeouts on www.newenough.com - they've usually got some sick deals.

Comment

• themaninblack
                • Nov 2009

I don't know what kind of weather you guys ride in and I agree that leather is the best for protection and it is good as a windblock, but it doesn't keep you warm for shit. Since I like leather jackets to be really tight (to prevent wind flapping) I can't really layer under it either.

Comment

• park
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by bluufunk

I just got a leather, first one used to ride the carhart it worked ok but Less wind in the leather so kool to me. I went down in a t shirt and dickies work pants only going about 30 or so the pants held up, I tell almost everybody I see to watch out for bikes or I will cut them!

Comment

• wickedblockhead
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by themaninblack
                    I don't know what kind of weather you guys ride in and I agree that leather is the best for protection and it is good as a windblock, but it doesn't keep you warm for shit. Since I like leather jackets to be really tight (to prevent wind flapping) I can't really layer under it either.
                    wear a vest underneath. i know vest are ghey, but in the summer it keeps my shirt from coming up over my head, and in the winter it adds another layer of windbreak.

Comment

• AttilaHOD
                      • Mar 2010

My leather motorcycle jacket has a zip in liner that keeps me warm but I always ride with a hoodie and thermals on in the winter. It helps.

Comment

• themetalshop
                        • Dec 2009

Carhart bib, lined leather jacket and Carhart vest on top and some very expensive gloves to
                        keep warm. I ride to work when it's 40degrees in the morning and I'm fine.

Comment

• oregongeorge
                          • Aug 2009

You can either spend the money on the riding gear or the ER. It's really up to you. Experience hurts.

Comment

• LinkBelt
                            • Oct 2010

Hey Bro, never laid the bike over with my carhartt on but I will tell you I am a Union Ironworker down here in Texas and we put ours through a lot even seen em catch on fire and still be worn the next day. The carhartt brand is tuff shit.

Comment

• bluufunk
                              • Apr 2010

Thanks for all of the responses. I didn't even think about it but my Carhartt is probably too baggy to be a good coat anyway. Shit on it, looks like i'm going to fork over the money for a leather. Thanks again.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;