1 1.41%
  • 4 Stars = Good

3 4.23%
  • 5 Stars = Exceptional

65 91.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    billdozer

Default Hugh's Handbuilt

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey everyone,

Hugh's HandBuilt is my small business. I spent many years in the Custom Fabrication industry... I decided to step up my game and go back to school for Industrial Design / Product Design. Like everyone one, I got a boring ass job in the city, hated it, and decided to take matters into my own hands. I am in the Mountains of NC and I do frame repairs, hard tails, rakes, wheel building, engine work, custom products, CADD and 3D modeling, you name it. I have a full function frame jig for just about any repair or modification needed. Pics to come for that

Find us on the Blog Thang: http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

I am also the go to guy for Re-Phased XS650 Engines and build cranks/camshafts for those on exchange. Here is sample sound from my personal ride (before it was finished)

Cranks are currently on sale at $300 exchanged (provided all bearings, rods, etc are in good shape). I fully disassemble the crank, check all tolerances, polish all bearing surfaces, re-phase the crank, true the crank, fully TIG weld all the pressed joints (for high RPM reliability), and send it back to you ready to bolt in. If new parts are needed, the only cost is the parts, no extra labor.

Camshafts are currently on sale at $185 exchanged. Camshafts are built on your cores, and will be modified for the re-phased engine. These are cut, bored, sleeved (with specially ground material to my specs) and TIG welded back together. I can do 277 degree (most common) or 270 degree camshafts. If you need new bushings installed add $21.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

XS650 Permanent Magnet Alternator Swap Kits - ONLY $32.50. They are Laser Cut from 6061 Aluminum and make the swap a breeze. They are currently $32.50 shipped in the US and include hardware and instructions. For an additional $42.50 I can include a brand new regulator to work with this system. Don't get stuck using the stock system, it will fail you, and it is $$$ to repair. Most guys are building the whole swap for $150-200 and can run batteryless if wanted. Full write up on install is here: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6604

For purchasing information, check the blog - there is an Easy to Use Paypal Button right here - http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/p...lternator.html

Wiring Diagram:

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

FORKS! Shaved and Polished. Can be done an Exchange Basis. XS650 Pictured, $150 Exchanged with all New Seals (Add $75 for Polished) - I keep several in stock for quick turnaround, email for more details.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

XS650 Lowering Kits!!! NOW IN STOCK Only $45 Shipped in the US!!
    Machined from 6061 Aluminum and made specifically for the XS650's unusual internal dimensions! Keep your valving and dampening while getting that just right stance on your XS650. These are made specifically for your model (see my "How-To" thread for more details http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7330 ) When ordering via paypal, make sure to specify early or late model forks and how much drop you want. NO EXTRA CHARGE FOR CUSTOM DROPS, Email me for availability

Options

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

New Updated 34MM Fork Lowering Kits

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________

NEW DIY Bungs! Easy to install with a 1/2" Drill, no need to align, twist, pull and hope they don't fall into the tubing you are installing them into. $12 a pair Email for specific size needs.

Order Quantity

So you got your bike built, and noticed way to much flex in the bushings on your newly built bike. Be it a cafe racer, street tracker, restoration, chopper or bobber, no one wants to wait on the front wheel to turn while the bars are moving around like a chunk of rope attached to the trees. You have probably already removed the stock 35 year old rotten bushings from your upper triple tree and replaced them with aftermarket rubber bushings from the "Popular Supplier Of Inferior XS650 Parts" right? And within a year, those bushings were feeling like a wet sponge and falling apart right? Yeah, I've been there and done that, as many of you have.

Now you can fix that slop with these newly developed Solid Riser Bushings.

Machined in-house from solid 6061 Aluminum, these new solid bushing include rubber o-rings to help fight vibrations and provide a snug fit. Also included is all new stainless hardware (minus the large washer, it is plated). Might as well clean up that old cruddy hardware while you are at it, so I provide new washers, lock washers, jam nut, top tree bolts and cotter pins. This is a complete kit, no need to hunt around for new hardware or reuse the old corroded stock stuff

I can also make handlebars, pegs, bungs, and other such items as needed for your custom bike build. Everything from full bikes to thread repairs.

Email me at: HughsHandBuilt@gmail.com or use the same address to purchase through Paypal Account
    Last edited by Punkskalar; 09-12-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Great talking to you today Hugh. Can't wait to get mine Re-phased.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hugh is Legit Smart dude with a Eye for motorbikes Ill be useing his services when I build my XS this winter.

Get Adobe Flash player

Updated some information, I now have 100 Alternator Swap Kits IN STOCK! Will be adding other pictures today for the cranks and camshafts...

Hugh

Get Adobe Flash player

If your in to XS yammies he's the man! I'll be over to collect some beer for this post some time this week... He's got some neat ideas too.

Get Adobe Flash player

can you post up a wiring diagram to go with this setup, its the one thing thats got my head spinnin on this bike build,its my first ...thanks..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by sodakminis View Post
    can you post up a wiring diagram to go with this setup, its the one thing thats got my head spinnin on this bike build,its my first ...thanks..
    Will do, I'll try to make that happen today for ya.

Get Adobe Flash player

Now shaving forks for you guys, and polishing as well. Thanks for all the business, Chop Cultist make the best customers

Get Adobe Flash player

His permanent mag alternator kit is everything promised. He even helped me with my stator issue and didnt make fun of me at all.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ZUnit View Post
    His permanent mag alternator kit is everything promised. He even helped me with my stator issue and didnt make fun of me at all.
    Maybe next time

New Product Added, XS650 Lowering Kits

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my PMA Plate today, quality is A+! Can't wait to see the new products coming soon! How about some BS38 Velocity Stacks?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by builditbigger View Post
    Got my PMA Plate today, quality is A+! Can't wait to see the new products coming soon! How about some BS38 Velocity Stacks?
    Hrmmm... I might have a set of BS38's layin in the junk pile to use for mock-up... Why not

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for all the orders over the holidays and the first of the year gang!! Finally caught up with shipping out everything and being back on track for new products for the new year.

PS, I got a lame ass blog up, check it out, make fun of it, whatever...

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/

Get Adobe Flash player

that vidoe of the rephased is one of my favorite! nice to know I have the contact now once I get my grimey mitts on another XS!

Get Adobe Flash player

Just got my crank and cam back from Hugh. This guy answered a ton of my dumb questions as well as pointing me in the right directions to help me with my XS. He's the best and his welds are top. Thank you Hugh!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by respek View Post
    Just got my crank and cam back from Hugh. This guy answered a ton of my dumb questions as well as pointing me in the right directions to help me with my XS. He's the best and his welds are top. Thank you Hugh!
    Thanks for the props man, now get that motorsickle running for the next BMR

Get Adobe Flash player

Hugh is one cool dude. He was very helpful and does top notch work. I am lucky and just live about an hour away from High and got to hang out with him a few times. Came out of this with a great friend. If you have a XS650----do the permanent magnet alternator swap and rephase. Hugh will hook you up.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for all the business folks... I have updated the Blog and added an "add to cart" feature on all my products....

http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/p...lete-list.html

PS - Don't be fooled by Imitators who have ripped off my parts, Hugh's HandBuilt Goodies are designed and made in the USA

Get Adobe Flash player

Hugh's HandBuilt is now a TCBRos Dealer... Get below retail costs - PM or Email me for a quote....

Share This