TWINE BALL RUN: July 30-Aug 1, 2010 (aka "ChopCult Gathering")

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justin666
    • Apr 2024

haha yeahhh i for sure dont know anything about plannin a ride or event and i'm pretty sure chase doesnt either. but if a ton of us just showed up to that town one weekend it would be pretty fuckin funny

Comment

• image1
      • Aug 2009

but if a ton of us just showed
      they won't unless its well planned, get a SOLID game plan, otherwise this thread is just a bunch of wasted "i'll be theres...."

Comment

• BryanEOD
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by image1
        they won't unless its well planned, get a SOLID game plan, otherwise this thread is just a bunch of wasted "i'll be theres...."
        All it takes is some person to take the lead on this and once everyone has picked dates, place, rough schedule and reservations. Then whoever wants to organize it makes some phone calls... At least that's a place to start. Better if we have some locals to intermediate. When everyone makes up their mind on those couple things we can start workin' out the kinks on the "CC twine ball run"... Bahaha the name rolls off the tounge...
        Last edited by BryanEOD; 09-04-2009, 2:32 PM.

Comment

• Spoke
          • Aug 2009

I think someone needs to call ahead and tell them they are going to need to order more beer.

Comment

• BullDog
            • Aug 2009

Hey, the highest point in Kansas, Mount Sunflower, is a mere 200 mi west of Cawker City (Waconda Lake). I too like the lake idea.

Damn....Cawker City senior citizen center has bingo every Monday night 7pm!!

5.24 miles to the nearest liquor store in Downs, KS
            Last edited by BullDog; 09-04-2009, 5:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add liquor info

Comment

• oildevil13
              • Aug 2009

Id stay an extra day for Bingo... never know, might win enough gas money to get home!

Full contact Bingo.. in Gold Flake helmet, Leather and cutoff, Halcyons, and riding gloves... fingerless of course, for more dexterity handling multiple cards.
              Last edited by oildevil13; 09-04-2009, 6:13 PM.

Comment

• TroubleLeather1
                • Aug 2009

Yes!!

fuck i'm glad i saw this! awsome shit wish i would have thought of it! i'm down, i'm right in the middle of Tejas so i can go anywhere hahahaha, it just takes for ever to get out hahahha

Comment

• justin666
                  • Apr 2024

does anyone on the cult live in kansas?? or atleast have some personal experience with any of the areas we've talked about?

Comment

• noseeum
                    • Aug 2009

lets do it ! im in!!!!

Comment

• BullDog
                      • Aug 2009

I shot a couple emails to both the Cawker City Association and to the Waconda Lake Association. Hopefully they will send back some good info for us (camping fees, reservations, availability, etc.,)

I didn't notice anyone suggesting dates yet...just July. How about July 30, 31, and August 1?? (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). Maybe we can get some of the crew from Nash, Keino, LedSled, Cycle Source to join us on their way to Sturgis (Aug 9th-15th).

Just my 2 cents
                      Last edited by BullDog; 09-04-2009, 7:18 PM. Reason: camping

Comment

• BryanEOD
                        • Aug 2009

This is where its going to be held. Fuck it if there are no locals present on CC start calling local buisness....See what the deal is. Looks like a sleepy ass town that might get woke up for a couple days! Still bringing the moonshine!

Comment

• BryanEOD
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BullDog
                          I didn't notice anyone suggesting dates yet...just July. How about July 30, 31, and August 1?? (Friday, Saturday, & Sunday). Maybe we can get some of the crew from Nash, Keino, LedSled, Cycle Source to join us on their way to Sturgis (Aug 9th-15th).
                          Vote 1 yes for July 30-Aug1

Comment

• onigoroshi
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by justin666
                            does anyone on the cult live in kansas?? or atleast have some personal experience with any of the areas we've talked about?
                            i'm originally from the kansas side of kansas city, i moved out when i was 18 for Osaka and NYC but kansas doesn't change that much... once you get out west past manhattan it's flat and mostly empty, the people are polite but they may not necessarily be helpful if they think they will be mobbed by outsiders. manhattan is where kansas state university is so there will definitely be lodging there if you can't find anything closer to the twine ball. like any rural area there is a scattering of back-to-the-landers and other oddballs who may have land available for use. here's an example:

Defunct nuclear missile complexes are 20th century castles, according to the 21st century couple who lived in this one. They retired and moved out in 2021.

if you're doing a three day event you might consider having everyone start day 2 at the twine ball, riding to carhenge up in nebraska and then back. the landscape is extremely flat and the roads don't have many turns so you can make good time.

Comment

• oildevil13
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BryanEOD
                              http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Cawker/
                              This is where its going to be held. Fuck it if there are no locals present on CC start calling local buisness....See what the deal is. Looks like a sleepy ass town that might get woke up for a couple days! Still bringing the moonshine!
                              I vote yes on the moonshine. Absolutely. Yes.

Personally I think the comraderie (sp?) of hanging out with a bunch of guys, and Im sure at least a couple gals, who hopped on their bikes and headed for the geographic center of the US on the hope that sombody else was stupid enough to do it that weekend also is enough. Hang out around the campfire. Drink Beer, Tell Lies, smoke a Leftie.... Im ok with that. What more entertainment do you need? If more than 15 bikes show up... Im sure entertainment will find itself.
                              Last edited by oildevil13; 09-04-2009, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• Nick
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SportsterMike
                                i say stick a finger in the exact middle of america. or have 3.... east, mid, and west kinda like a chopcult smoke out?
                                kansas Shitty there you go we have it! haha I'm down

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;