Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bret
    • Apr 2010

All Bike in Rye, AZ

On the way back from Payson we stopped in Rye at All Bikes. Words can not describe this place. It's as amazing as it is creepy. I called it "The Hills Have Eyes Cycle". There's a dead one of anything ever made that has two wheels. If your looking for a part it's here somewhere. Just about anything chrome was in good shape. Rubber and vinyl not so much. Oh and yes someone follows you every where you go.

• Bret
    • Apr 2010

Comment

• Bret
      • Apr 2010

Comment

• BGRYN
        • Jan 2010

That place is bad ass! What did you guys get?

Comment

• StoneHead
          • Nov 2009

Damn man, wish I was local, that would be a gold mine.

great post.

Comment

• Kyle
            • Jul 2009

I haven been there a few times, that place is cool as hell. He has a few treasures hiding too but you have to get to know him to see em!

Comment

• MotorCityOutlaw
              • Sep 2009

That place is sweet, I would love to just be able to rummage through everything.

Comment

• jrotten1369
                • Dec 2009

Cool place. I'd love to spend some time rummaging thru that place. No tellin what you might find. Thanx for the pic's.

Comment

• coachstorms
                  • Apr 2024

Did you have any luck buying anything? I've ridden by a ton of times but have never stopped because I always heard that the guy prices his treasures like their... treasure, and that he doesn't really deal at all. Just what i heard, maybe thats just how he handles people he doesnt know.

Comment

• oldmansporty63
                    • Jan 2010

i got half way through the pics and had a huge chubby. paradice!

now, back to SOA.

Comment

• tobiism
                      • Aug 2009

Man, fuck that place. The guy wanted $500 for a dented, rusty CX500 honda gas tank. Unless you want to spend every day there kissing that guy's ass, he won't deal on anything.

Comment

• ccrider
                        • Aug 2009

Been there a couple of times in the past on the way to Smoke Out West. The first time the guy did stay or keep an eye on you the whole time you were looking around. I thought his prices were absurd, almost like he didn't care if he ever sold anything, like he was hoarding it all. The second time I went there he was burning weeds out front on the road and he wasn't open for business but agreed to let me go walk around. This time I wasn't followed. We talked for a while and he does have a handful of hidden treasures that he doesn't show everybody. His story was that he was somewhere up north (Seattle I think) and had a yard there and when he moved to Arizona he put his parts in like 3-4 semi truck trailers and moved them down. That yard has been there many many years now. Unfortunately he gets some of the Arizona heat and the monsoon rains in the summer, and is pretty close to the altitude snowline in the winter and most of his stuff is exposed to the elements so it is basically rotting away as time goes by. If you go by there - Happy Shopping and good luck!

Comment

• Bret
                          • Apr 2010

I agree with you guys. You'd REALLY be hard pressed to have to buy something there. We were the only one's walking around. The owner was cool to us. Maybe it's cuz we didn't come in there all stiff pricked trying to pump him for info and deals. I saw a pair of tank badges and the guy offered a straight across trade for my existing ones. It's definitely more of a sightseeing destination than a proper parts yard. I bet that place is scary as hell at night.
                          Last edited by Bret; 10-04-2010, 9:09 AM.

Comment

• kodyw
                            • Sep 2009

love it

I used to go up there whenever I could. I knew a guy who worked on Dirt bikes for him, and he hooked me up with him. I did work on british bikes for him, whenever he needed something. If you offer to do some bartering with him, like doing some work for a good deal on parts, he will hook you up. He has tons of cool stuff he doesn't show much, but it's there. He also knows where damn near everything is there. You're right though, it's all rotting away, and he doesn't really care if he sells it or not.

Comment

• blackchop
                              • Aug 2009

the guy is a total freaked out flake.
                              and the good stuff there will rot away to nothing.
                              i stay clear of the place myself.

there are other places that old guys that have been riding building and hoarding for decades around here are more willing to deal with a person without wondering if they are going to completely flip out on your ass.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;