Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bret
    • Apr 2010

T100 Won't start when engine's hot

Hey guys, my T100C won't start after it's been ridden and the engine's hot. When I say hot I mean normal temperature. It acts like it's flooded and it takes kicking it with the throttle open to get it to go. That's after several attempts. Once it starts it won't hold the idle long and you've gotta get moving. Once I'm going it's fine at lights. I just had the carb re-furbed and the timing adjusted. The needle is set at the middle notch. Couldn't tell you right now what the turns are for the mixture screw.

This happened to me twice yesterday and it's starting to piss me off. Both time were trying to get it smogged and they kicked me out out cuz it wouldn't stay running on it's own long enough to test. What pisses me off more is that I took it over to my buddy's who has a CO2 meter and we adjusted the bike to pass.

Today I just had to take a break from it all together.

WTF?!!!!
  • KT
    • Aug 2009

I maybe wrong but I think you retard the timing abit .. I know they can give you trouble starting when hot and that is related to being to advanced , but I could be wrong and it be to retarded ...I just know when setting the timing if it gets harder to start when warmed up it can be related to timing ...pipes are gonna turn blue if rich and or retarded to much and gold if lean or advanced to much ......My brain is about half fried and I have a bad habit of switching things around alot but I am pretty sure I got it right ...Maybe one of the every day engine guys will chime in for more clarification...

Comment

• cooter
      • Apr 2024

also check the condensers , , ive had this problem befor

Comment

• Bret
        • Apr 2010

Here's what happened: http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...?t=6188&page=3

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;