Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SlyJJ
    • Mar 2015

Are there kickstarter kits available for all years fxr?

Comment

• Spade115
      • May 2010

If its a 5speed theres a 5 speed kicker kit.

Comment

• PanHeadRich
        • Jul 2014

Hey all, I haven't posted here in a while but I did promise to post some pictures when I completed my FXR makeover. It’s been a rolling/riding project since I got it, and I finally finished it about a month ago. Though it was a great bike in stock form, I did want to make some performance and suspension upgrades. My list of priorities were 1) Dependability, 2) Comfort, 3) Performance, and 4) Appearance. I wanted a light and agile, tall & narrow, big inch, lane splitting, canyon carver that I could pack up and ride cross country anytime..

I also wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible, yet give it power & suspension upgrades. And I wanted it to remain reminiscent of the bike I bonded with during my ride home from Indiana. The finished project below has successfully met and exceeded all of my objectives. I’m sure things would have ended up different if I had more to invest, but on my limited budget I’m extremely happy with the end results. I've probably owned about 20 different Harleys through the years, but this one is my favorite above all others. This FXR is absolutely perfect for me!

The first pictures below are how it looked when I got home from Indiana.

And these are the updates I did.

Thanks for looking!

Comment

• Spade115
          • May 2010

damn good looking man. love the old bags.

how tall of a rifle fairing?

Comment

• PanHeadRich
            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spade115
            damn good looking man. love the old bags.

how tall of a rifle fairing?
            Thanks Spade, I originally used the 15" windshield. But after changing and modifying the front & rear suspension, the 15" was too low to do any good. So I bought the 18" and cut it down to 16.5" which worked our perfect for me. That's their dark smoked. You can't see through it at night so it has to be just below your field of vision. Very nice quality product BTW.

Comment

• LDNCLR
              • Nov 2009

rich, are you looking to sell the convertible bags?

Comment

• PanHeadRich
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by LDNCLR
                rich, are you looking to sell the convertible bags?
                I've been considering cutting loose with some of the stock parts. The only major expense of things I still want to do, would be a Bakers 6-Speed. And I'd like the whole box, not just the gear set. So off loading some stock parts would certainly help fund a new trans. THe zippers on both bags need replacing though.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                  • Mar 2011

Rich. You knocked it out of the park dude. Really nice.

Comment

• PanHeadRich
                    • Jul 2014

Well thanks bud, I appreciate that. I'm absolutely loving it man!

Comment

• Spade115
                      • May 2010

really dig the exhaust man, who made that one?

Comment

• thebcb
                        • Apr 2024

Viva La Cantina!!!!!!

#fuckdatniggaleslie
                        #fuckdatniggadusty
                        #fuckdemniggashowclass
                        #vivalacantina

Comment

• PanHeadRich
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spade115
                          really dig the exhaust man, who made that one?
                          That's Big Bear Choppers FXR Exhaust. I got it real cheap because somebody with a slammed FXR burned a little hole in it while diving into a banking right turn. Just welded a small patch on it and good to go. I have the S&S V111" engine and the difference in torque was immediately noteable. I love the sound too. It's quiet at idol but really comes alive with a crack of the throttle. It worked out great for me. Eventually I'd like to buy a new header pipe and get it black ceramic coated. But the coating alone is $300. I have no idea how much the new header would be. But if ever I get a few bucks ahead, I'll check it out.

Comment

• Spade115
                            • May 2010

Very cool man.

Comment

• CraiGORE
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by PanHeadRich
                              That's Big Bear Choppers FXR Exhaust. I got it real cheap because somebody with a slammed FXR burned a little hole in it while diving into a banking right turn. Just welded a small patch on it and good to go. I have the S&S V111" engine and the difference in torque was immediately noteable. I love the sound too. It's quiet at idol but really comes alive with a crack of the throttle. It worked out great for me. Eventually I'd like to buy a new header pipe and get it black ceramic coated. But the coating alone is $300. I have no idea how much the new header would be. But if ever I get a few bucks ahead, I'll check it out.
                              rich, contemplating the 111" myself but my bike (being an 88) would MINIMALLY need new clutch, single fire ignition, and maybe a high torque starter. decisions....

Comment

• PanHeadRich
                                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by CraiGORE
                                rich, contemplating the 111" myself but my bike (being an 88) would MINIMALLY need new clutch, single fire ignition, and maybe a high torque starter. decisions....
                                Everything about my bike was done on a tight budget. The bigger ticket items (Ohlin's, Exhaust & V111) were all bought used. I was really fortunate in scoring good prices from friends selling me used parts because of upgrades on their bikes. So I had to make due as best as possible with what I had. My starter is completely stock and it turns the 111" over just fine with no issue. The compression release valves work great. I've had the motor in for over a year now and the stock starter is still working great. As for the clutch, I just installed Barnett Plates and Heavy Duty springs and that's doing fine with no slippage. Even if I drop the clutch to hole-shot or wheelie I don't get slippage. I just figured I'd put the motor in and see what else would be needed after doing so. So far, all is well!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;