CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... Last
    tat2dMISFIT

Default Anything FXR !!!

anything FXR related is the plan lets see how it goes. just trying to get a rad thread goin, a place for reference. pics, tech, and questions bust em out.

tat2dMISFIT

vin reference

FXR 5-Speed Models
    EA - FXR Super Glide
    EB - FXRS Low Rider
    EC - FXRT Sport Glide
    ED - FXRP Pursuit Glide (Police)
    EE - FXRDG Disc Glide
    EF - FXRP Pursuit Glide (Police)
    EG - FXRS-SP Low Rider Sport
    EH - FXRD Sport Glide
    EJ - FXRC Low Glide
    EK - FXRP C.H.P (Police)
    EL - FXLR Low Rider Custom
    EM - FXRS-Conv Low Rider Convertible

The two letters = 5th and 6th digit in your VIN.
    Example, if you have a FXR Superglide, the 5th and 6th VIN will be "EA".

billdozer

attachment

photo26062

brawler

IMG_0277

tat2dMISFIT

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

for you guys that have converted to chain and sprockets, what gearing are you running? did you purchase a kit or did you piece it together? thnks,

Get Adobe Flash player

Mine, 92 FXLR sorry for the bad photo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new bike.work 010.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

show some shovelhead fxr's

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's a sweet fxr from the dbx3 show. Sorry for the crappy phone pic. It doesn't do this thing justice!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg  

tat2dMISFIT

From the streets
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2891501524_5dac373f1b.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

fxr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clarks fxr.jpg   clarks fxr2.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

!
    Last edited by hbsteve; 09-05-2011 at 9:15 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Heres mine. I love her dude.

tat2dMISFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Jcarter78 View Post
    Heres mine. I love her dude.

that thing is bad ass!

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm not too proud to admit I wanna climb on this bandwagon. I think everyone will know what I mean when I say I want to put together a typical m/c style FXR. My current daily rider is an '03 1200xl, and I'm not so sure of how much difference there would be in the overall riding experience.

Obviously were talking BT vs sportster, rubber vs solid mount, but the FXRs claim to fame is it's handling and overall "fun-ness." would I really notice much of a difference between the two in this category? I've never felt like my sporty was unstable in a corner or unresponsive.

Anyone who's owned both *cough* Billdozer... care to weigh in?

Get Adobe Flash player

Default first fxr

my first fxr, 3rd time i rebuilt it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first fxr.jpg  

billdozer

Quote Originally Posted by theMule View Post
    I'm not too proud to admit I wanna climb on this bandwagon. I think everyone will know what I mean when I say I want to put together a typical m/c style FXR. My current daily rider is an '03 1200xl, and I'm not so sure of how much difference there would be in the overall riding experience.

Obviously were talking BT vs sportster, rubber vs solid mount, but the FXRs claim to fame is it's handling and overall "fun-ness." would I really notice much of a difference between the two in this category? I've never felt like my sporty was unstable in a corner or unresponsive.

Anyone who's owned both *cough* Billdozer... care to weigh in?
    OK, I'll try to articulate this from my experience with both. I've owned a couple sporties, 883, 1200, stock, lowered, strutted and one with 16's front and rear. Currently I ride a 92 FXR which is as low as you can get and about as stiffly sprung as possible. I like the FXR better, but the sporties were great. The FXR has more pull according to my butt dyno. Now I know guys will tell you their sporties outrun big twins all the time and they probably do and might smoke mine too, but this bike feels faster than my two previous sportsters. It feels like it stretches longer in between gears, like the sporties had a more close ratio trans. The Sporty might be quicker, but the FXR feels faster. I don't know if that's actually true, some real HD mechanic on here could easily tell you that. The difference is not that great but is enough to make the big bike feel more "fun" to me. The huge difference that was instantly noticeable was the massive wheelbase on the FXR. The first few days on this bike after spending a year on a sporty felt like I was going to overshoot slow turns because the bike was just so damn long. I got used to it after a while and it felt normal. The extra size makes it less "flickable" if such a thing can be said about any Harley. It also feels more weight biased to the rear than the sporty, probably due to head angle. Again, I never actually looked up the degrees of rake, they may be the same but the sporty felt like a steeper head angle. That extra wheelbase makes the FXR feel more relaxed on the highway and during more high speed work. If super tight and twisty or light to light is your bag, just mod your sporty until it's faster and save yourself a lot of expense. If you want something a little more suited to highway riding the FXR might be your thing. Having mid controls on a big twin instead of the birthing-chair position a lot of BT riders chose probably makes them seem to handle way better too. I can't stand forwards, cause I can't stand on 'em.

I wrote this in another thread on FXR's a while back: Half of the lore (of the FXR) probably comes from guys who like to go fast buying the bikes so then everyone thinks the bikes are fast. The other half probably comes from the frame's rigidity and geometry, 'cause with an 80" evo, how could it be any faster than any other 80" evo really?

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showth...highlight=lore

Also, I'm fat. Fat on an FXR is more comfortable than fat on a sporty. Also fits a passenger better. Read that other thread there is some decent insight on other late model bikes, like a Superglide. When I rode the 2011 Street Bob last year in Mexico it was way faster than my FXR but felt spongy, like a Buick with overboosted power steering. After nearly two weeks on that thing I got back on my FXR and was stoked to ride it. It's low, harsh and loud and I felt like I could tell what was going on with it, where the super modern bike just felt too cushy and comfortable and would be too easy to get surprised by it in a corner or something where you didn't mean to go so fast.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LETS HEAR FOR FAT GUYS ON A FXR WE RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get Adobe Flash player

i need one... im getting fatter these days

Get Adobe Flash player

Slapped mine together on a stock HD salvage frame..super sweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails touch 069.jpg  
    Last edited by carlingas; 09-18-2011 at 1:50 PM. Reason: too much info..

Get Adobe Flash player

to bill, the new sportsters are "quicker" but the b.t. are faster, especially on the top end. i wrench at a dealership and will stand by this any day of the week. i can also attest to the twin cams being alot faster than the evos. soooo much smoother as well. not near as cool in my opinion though. they have no soul haha

Share This