CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 88 of 104 First ... 3878868788899098 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

I would like to get better brakes, what is the best way to do it ?
    Fab Kevin makes adapters to use SV 650 calipers (which are thin enough to clear the wheels) for that style 35mm fork. Mine are on the way so I've no pics yet. He can do them for different diameter rotors. I kept the small rotors on my FXS Shovels to sort of retain the stock look but of course larger rotors will stop better.

The stock calipers sucked when they were new but save anything that you take off the motorcycle for future collectors.

Nice sissy bar. Do you know who made it?

Thanks for the help ! For the sissy I don't know, will try to contact the PO maybe he remembers.
    About the brakes calipers I'm not sure mine are stock they don't really look like they are and in fact they are not so bad now they are set properly. Any clues what they are ?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchy01 View Post
    Thanks for the help ! For the sissy I don't know, will try to contact the PO maybe he remembers.
    About the brakes calipers I'm not sure mine are stock they don't really look like they are and in fact they are not so bad now they are set properly. Any clues what they are ?

Damn, those are good looking calipers. Looks like they fit stock mounting as well. I'm sure somebody will know what they are.

Get Adobe Flash player

appears to be an aftermarket copy of the original Shovelhead-era 35mm fork calipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Bike looks good lit, Love the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by PanHeadRich View Post
    Cool, glad I could help. Yeah, I get by just fine with them. I balance out the weight between the bags. So a keep a tool pouch in each bag, quart on oil in one and water in the other. Typically a leather vest, heavy gloves, a flannel shirt, bungees, etc, And still room for more when needed. You will need to use an in-line load equalizer (12-volt, 50-watt, 6-ohms) for each signal to correct your flash, but that's simple enough.

Good looking ride BTW!
    Thanks for the info, and the compliments.

Bags are going to have to wait for now. My exhaust bracket broke (fell off!) and my front pipe is actually pretty loose. I'm looking at a way to get a cheap 2 into 1, and I found a V&H off of a 2000 softail. Would this fit and perform well, brackets aside? Not sure what the displacement was on that engine compared to what I have. I definitely don't want to use a pipe with fatter/longer primaries than appropriate for my engine, but it sucks not being able to ride.

I'm also seriously considering doing something like this: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sports...1-exhaust.html

When I say cheap, I mean cheap

Get Adobe Flash player

I want the Exact same thing for mine lol.

Out for a Ride today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2028.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	298.4 KB 
ID:	68534

San Francisco, CA
    '93 FSRS-SP

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm looking at a way to get a cheap 2 into 1, and I found a V&H off of a 2000 softail. Would this fit and perform well, brackets aside? Not sure what the displacement was on that engine compared to what I have. I definitely don't want to use a pipe with fatter/longer primaries than appropriate for my engine, but it sucks not being able to ride.
    vtwinforum has an excellent FXR thread with some users who run Softail pipes IIRC. If you just want to ride a set of cheap stock crossover (that crossover works!) Dyna downpipes fit FXRs except for the small upward jog in the rear end of the front cylinder downpipe. You can see the difference when comparing them.

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    vtwinforum has an excellent FXR thread with some users who run Softail pipes IIRC. If you just want to ride a set of cheap stock crossover (that crossover works!) Dyna downpipes fit FXRs except for the small upward jog in the rear end of the front cylinder downpipe. You can see the difference when comparing them.
    Hey thanks. I looked around on there, but I found a few threads on there on the subject so I'm still digging around. Funny you should mention the crossover, I actually just found a set of stock take-offs from a 2013 Harley Davidson Softail blackline with a little crossover. They are like these:

Personally I think those pipes look awesome, just going to see how they rate performance-wise compared to a 2 into 1. Mine are Python 3's, which, from what I'm reading, perform pretty decently. I'm being a bit more careful here. I don't want to buy something and it end up performing worse. My quickest path to getting back on the road may just be to weld up the bracket that broke and weld on a section of square tubing to the bracket that can replace the other broken part, the piece that fastens the rear pipe to the bracket, as seen below.

I really like this FXR on the left. If the owner is a member here, hats off to you on this one:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harley-davidson-soft-14_600x0w.jpg  
    Last edited by LitTheButtEnd; 04-13-2016 at 10:16 PM.

Does any one have any suggestions for good quality, piggy back shocks that aren't as expensive as Ohlins and Progressive 970's?

They seem to be either 4-500 for normal shocks, or 12-1300 hundred for Ohlins, Progressives etc, but is there a piggy back shock that's in between?

Otherwise Ohlins it is.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hillcat View Post
    This is definitely going to have negative results on getting weed legalized in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by FXR1 View Post
    Does any one have any suggestions for good quality, piggy back shocks that aren't as expensive as Ohlins and Progressive 970's?

They seem to be either 4-500 for normal shocks, or 12-1300 hundred for Ohlins, Progressives etc, but is there a piggy back shock that's in between?

Otherwise Ohlins it is.
    These Outlaw brand piggy backs are definitely good looking shocks, IMO. But I've never seen any reviews on them. Pretty attractive price too at about $350.00. Here's an eBay link for them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/381235463539...AIT&rmvSB=true

I'd love to ride a set just to see how they compare to my Ohlin's, which I couldn't be happier with! BTW, my model of Ohlin's can actually be had for about $950. Here's a link if interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ohlins-Harle...3D381235463539

Yeah I think those outlaw ones are the cheap and nasty jobbies, which I've got a set in the garage for another project, but the FXR gets something nicer.

Now I'm torn at what to get in that price bracket, whether its the Ohlins (which there appears to be a couple of sets, some are 900, some are 1500..), Progressive's, Works Performance via SDC do a nice set that is sprung to your ride too for around 1000.

Get Adobe Flash player

Man I WANT piggy back shocks but yeah Cant justify 1000 for shocks when I need more important stuff like oil cooler and cams. lol (Ordered a Jagg 6 row Cooler already )

Get Adobe Flash player

Those look a lot like the JBS ones that cropped up in Australia for $139 (Australian). Cheap Chinese no name brand.

A good pair of simple, oil based shocks would be better.

Get Adobe Flash player

Haven't posted here in a while.
    After 3 top end rebuilds (having 3 break in periods was excruciating) and some custom fab'd parts from regatta garage, this is the configuration i've been running since late last summer.

Right now i'm leaking a decent bit of oil. Primary cover needs to be refaced is my bet (several gaskets later).
    But I'm also leaking from one of the oil lines running up to the oil filter mount. the outside line is easy enough to tighten, and that helped a lot. but I'm guessing I'll have to fab a tool if I want to get at the line behind it without removing the first line.
    Any tips or tricks on that would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fxrhighres.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey man
    Good to see you here. I am rebuilding my engine- new pistons, andrews cam, gaskets, lifters and all that. About to put it back together with some help.

First time doing anything like this... Interested to know about the "breaking in period" being excruciating... that doesn't sound fun

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey! what's up countryfucker!?
    the break in I use is fill it up with regular oil, not synthetic, 50 miles BABYING it. change oil. (again, not synthetic). take it easy (never over 3500 RPMs) for 500 miles. Change oil (not synthetic) and change filter. Now you're good to ride like normal, free ways, quick acceleration, etc... but I still don't get REALLY on it until ~2000 miles. change oil (can put synthetic in if you want at this point).

I don't remember if you told me what bike you guy, but if it's an evo bigtwin, this will help IMMENSELY!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1mhfLguMqI

lets see some pics of what you're up to!

Share This