CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 60 of 104 First ... 1050585960616270 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bukwild View Post
    Attachment 53451Attachment 53452Attachment 53453Attachment 53454Attachment 53455

89 FXR I just picked up. Lots of work to get this to where I want it. S&S 107 was the selling point. Lots of mixed matched parts on this one but all in all it was a good buy
    im almost sure you're not allowed to build a garage on the highway...

coachstorms

just a little more pic whoring. Im thinking I may powder coat the lowers, trees and bars in gloss black sometime soon. Balance out with the back and make the shiny motor and exhaust really stand out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7714.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	53469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7729.jpg 
Views:	194 
ID:	53470 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7717.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	53471
    Last edited by coachstorms; 11-10-2014 at 9:35 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jebany View Post
    im almost sure you're not allowed to build a garage on the highway...

I am kinda a "big deal" in my area so if someone could it would be me.

Get Adobe Flash player

That's highly rad.

Quote Originally Posted by coachstorms View Post
    just a little more pic whoring. Im thinking I may powder coat the lowers, trees and bars in gloss black sometime soon. Balance out with the back and make the shiny motor and exhaust really stand out.

Name:	IMG_7714.jpg 
Views:	121 
ID:	53469 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7729.jpg 
Views:	194 
ID:	53470 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7717.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	53471

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah I'm just not digging this whole break in, don't go near 3 grand process. Lol

Get Adobe Flash player

So went out and picked up a 50 ft roll of 2'' wrap.

Before

After

I like it

Get Adobe Flash player

your pipes are in such good shape, wrapping them is just going to make them worse. I've seen them rust and completely blowout from rot underneath wrapped pipes.

While you guys are talk'in pipes... here is a pic of some nice used turn-outs I just put on my fxr

Name:	PB022348.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	53726
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB022348.JPG  

Get Adobe Flash player

Very nice pipes man, I plan to eventually swap them out but like the wrapped looked more. so figured why not. lol

I ended up scoring a used set of Big Bear Choppers 2 into 1 FXR Pipes. These pipes sound awesome and make a highly notable improvement in performance. They have a very stout mounting system as well. They mount extremely secure. Once a take the bike down for all the paint & powder, I'll do the header pipe in high-heat gloss-black powder coat, and polish the stainless steal muffler to a chrome finish.Attachment 53741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010023sm.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	53742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010025sm.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	53743Attachment 53744
    Last edited by PanHeadRich; 11-18-2014 at 1:11 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

not a fan of the bags but with that motor I would not even care. Will be cool to see what you do with paint, etc. Great bike!

coachstorms

Thats a tough looking pipe.

Planning on upgrading to the tokico 4 piston GSXR calipers - anyone else here done the same?

Get Adobe Flash player

That exhaust really does look mean. damn

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by coachstorms View Post
    Thats a tough looking pipe.

Planning on upgrading to the tokico 4 piston GSXR calipers - anyone else here done the same?
    Coach, Hit me up if you still have my number. I have a pair of Tokicos and adapters that I won't be using.

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynbomber View Post
    not a fan of the bags but with that motor I would not even care. Will be cool to see what you do with paint, etc. Great bike!
    I hear ya on the bags, but I really needed bags on this bike. I wanted hard-bags because I thought they'd go together well with the fairing. I got those particular bags because I like how they follow the rear fender. So I'm thinking/hoping that once I do the new paint scheme with all the tins & fiberglass matching, that it'll all flow together for a pretty good look. The whole intent of this bike is to serve as a full on canyon carving hot-rod, or bolt the tall bitch bar on for my travel bag and be a cross-country cruiser. These FXR's are great for both purposes, so I want to be able to use it for both as well. But yeah, obviously it could be a much cooler looking bike as a stripped down solo ride.

BTW, I ended up going with Metzeler 888 tires and got a few hundred miles on them last weekend. What a difference over the Dunlop 402's. They ride & track great!

Get Adobe Flash player

I just mainly think the design of the bags is what I dont like. they just look like they came off a jap cruiser or something (but this is not my bike so my opinion doesnt matter, just that you like it). I love the FXR for the same reasons you listed above, can be an all around bike for city cruising or cross country touring. Go forth! Enjoy that beast.

Get Adobe Flash player

23 Tooth Transmission sprocket with a .250 offset from BAKER DRIVETRAIN and a 50 tooth (or a 51 for a bit more low end torque) rear Sprocket from 3Guyz.com or Drag Specialties.Also a company called FXR Division (fxrdivision.com) carries complete kits for those who want to avoid the hunt & peck or hassle of piecing together a complete rear drive chain conversion. I Run 530 chains on *ALL* my bikes .The above mentioned .250 offset for Transmission sprocket on ANY FXR up to 200mm rear tires will work *if* your gonna run that fat rubber.Spacers for the rear wheel drive side (after removing the belt pulley) can be sourced from 3Guys.com or just buy stainless 3/4" stock from J&P or a dozen other places and cut your own.Hope this helps you out.

Just picked up an older (evo) fxr....s&s. Engine, damn its fast and fun. What are my gas tank options with this square ass backbone....def need narrow t bars and a diff front rim. Any suggestions or opinions? I will try to get se pix up

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk1976 View Post
    Just picked up an older (evo) fxr....s&s. Engine, damn its fast and fun. What are my gas tank options with this square ass backbone....def need narrow t bars and a diff front rim. Any suggestions or opinions? I will try to get se pix up
    Congrats! They are a blast, I barely even ride my Springer anymore. The S&S makes them even more fun. There's no shortage of gas tank options: https://www.google.com/search?q=fxr+...w=1366&bih=618

Enjoy!

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm looking mount FXRP hard bags to my FXRS. Does this involve replacing the fender struts to FXRP or FXRT struts? Do the struts bolt right up without modifications? Then I can run either FXRT or FXRP hard bags correct?

Share This