Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

More as the bagger trans on Evo install progresses.

Thunderheader finally arrived but I don't like the rear mount they send with it on its own and the flexy front mount is almost useless since it doesn't restrain the pipe sideways so I'm adding the strong bagger exhaust pipe mount which came with the bagger trans. I haven't made a clamp for it yet but the bagger bracket cups the top tube on the Thunderheader nicely.

However, the bagger clutch release cover places the cable in the wrong position for me to tuck in my Dyna right brake control as tightly as I want so since my original cover is MIA after I installed a kicker kit on the original transmission (totally not worth it) I ordered a repop for forty bucks. You want 37109-87A or equivalent. Foreigners with horrible parts availability could drill/spotface/tap the bagger clutch release cover casting since it includes material for both versions. Look inside and you can see the other, undrilled, cable boss.

I got a twin cam fill neckwith the built-on vent pipe fitting to see if they work and they do so I removed the "beauty cover" material and used it. I could have tapped the stocker I had but I want to find out everything I can about this swap because I will likely end up doing it again. With the extra material removed you don't have to remove the filler neck to work on exhaust bracketry.

I like the way the Bassani Road Rage I hung on my FXLR mounts (and tucks in!) much better but the Thunderheader is an easier fit for the FXR bagger box swap because of the difference in rear exhaust pipe routing.

Pic shows bagger bracket across bottom of transmission. Dyna controls at right are just lying on pipe since I can't place their mounting block until I route the clutch cable with the release cover installed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by farmall; 08-09-2015, 4:37 PM.

Comment

• FXRYouGoingToTheMallLater
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Hoghead
      See what happens when you change too much? He,he.[ATTACH=CONFIG]62540[/ATTACH]
      Looks rad...more pics please!

Comment

• Strangler
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by farmall
        More as the bagger trans on Evo install progresses.

Thunderheader finally arrived but I don't like the rear mount they send with it on its own and the flexy front mount is almost useless since it doesn't restrain the pipe sideways so I'm adding the strong bagger exhaust pipe mount which came with the bagger trans. I haven't made a clamp for it yet but the bagger bracket cups the top tube on the Thunderheader nicely.

However, the bagger clutch release cover places the cable in the wrong position for me to tuck in my Dyna right brake control as tightly as I want so since my original cover is MIA after I installed a kicker kit on the original transmission (totally not worth it) I ordered a repop for forty bucks. You want 37109-87A or equivalent. Foreigners with horrible parts availability could drill/spotface/tap the bagger clutch release cover casting since it includes material for both versions. Look inside and you can see the other, undrilled, cable boss.

I got a twin cam fill neckwith the built-on vent pipe fitting to see if they work and they do so I removed the "beauty cover" material and used it. I could have tapped the stocker I had but I want to find out everything I can about this swap because I will likely end up doing it again. With the extra material removed you don't have to remove the filler neck to work on exhaust bracketry.

I like the way the Bassani Road Rage I hung on my FXLR mounts (and tucks in!) much better but the Thunderheader is an easier fit for the FXR bagger box swap because of the difference in rear exhaust pipe routing.

Pic shows bagger bracket across bottom of transmission. Dyna controls at right are just lying on pipe since I can't place their mounting block until I route the clutch cable with the release cover installed.
        I didn't like the mounts for my TH at all, so this was my solution. Seems to be holding up so far so feel free to copy any of it.
        I welded a length of 1"x.5" solid between the front and rear mounts on the exhaust.
        I used a trans end gasket and made a spacer and mount that use 4 of the trans bolts 2-1/4", 2-5/16"

Seems to work well.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Strangler; 08-11-2015, 6:17 AM.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Nice work. That bracket ain't going anywhere.

Comment

• guiltyview
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by SquashThatFly
            not sure if im ging to run it. May sell it to fund motor work.
            i agree that a TC would look great in there

Comment

• hillcat
              • Mar 2015

Nice FXR. Bring checkbook.

Comment

• guiltyview
                • Dec 2012

bet that thing runs really good

Comment

• jyx
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by hillcat
                  Well sh*t here i am on the other side of a big sea looking for a new ride, there is not mutch to choose from on the market right now and now you post pics like that, thankĀ“s for twisting the knife

Comment

• hillcat
                    • Mar 2015

@ humancertainty - I bought one, he's got more and will ship.

Comment

• RokDoctor
                      • Feb 2011

Bought this one a couple weeks ago. 1983 shovel FXRT.

https://<a href='http://postimage.or...a><br /><br />

Comment

• RokDoctor
                        • Feb 2011

And now i've got the T parts on.

This thing really needs better brakes and mid mount controls.

And i dub thee "El Pollo Fuego" - for obvious reasons.

https://<a href='http://postimg.org/...a><br /><br />

Comment

• Spade115
                          • May 2010

Looks good man, Why not airbrush a rooster head on it too?

Comment

• ercle69
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by SquashThatFly
                            After totalling my last FXR 3 years ago, which is somewhere posted earlier in this thread, i picked up a 2000 FXDX and built that. Wasnt quite the same but the 100hp twin cam was too much fun. Less than a month ago my buddy bought an FXR and i told him i wanted it if he sold it. Hes known for not keeping bikes long, so i put in the word as soon as i could. I bought my last FXR from him as well. He called last sunday and said it was up for sale if i wanted it and i bought it monday. I put my FXDX up for sale, unloaded that in 3 days, and am back on an FXR and loving every slow ass underpowered minute of it.

Hey Squash, Im expecting a badass FXR in a few weeks!!!! Loved your old one!

Comment

• Spade115
                              • May 2010

Thought I would give whomever is following this thread that is looking for a set of mids. JPCycles just got some in stock

Comment

• seaking
                                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by jyx
                                Well sh*t here i am on the other side of a big sea looking for a new ride, there is not mutch to choose from on the market right now and now you post pics like that, thankĀ“s for twisting the knife

That's gotta go like stink.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;