X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueCollarMoto
    • Apr 2024

Chop Meet Pix

Post em if ya got em!
    Just did a search and couldnt come up with any pix from the Chop Meet.
    The event (for those who dont know already) predates the Chop Cult.
    There were a shitload of pix posted on the other board but all the ones
    I had got deleted with my old old photobucket account. Since then the
    world of blogs has exploded into a pic posting monster. I didnt even
    know what a blog was back then. I took them all to post on the JJ. I also
    took four rolls of 35mm that I'm posting one a day on the blog for the
    next 60 days or so. Never got the chance to scan them all until this week.
    I'll post them up here after I run out of digi pix. I'll start it off by posting a
    few every day and see where it ends up. I figure if its on the front page
    long enough, other people who took pix will see it and post up. This event
    (with the EDR runs as an exception) was up till the Bash, or first Street
    Chopper 40th, the best! Getting kicked out of every bar in town was
    a blast! It would SUCK to loose all the memories to time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
    Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2010, 12:59 PM.
  • FMA
    • Nov 2009

The chopmeet was a blast! got some pics somewhere...

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by FMA
      The chopmeet was a blast! got some pics somewhere...
      Shake the cob webs off em and post up!

Comment

• Allen
        • Apr 2024

DSCN6055
        DSCN5927
        See, this was so long ago, Bill was still riding a girls bike!
        DSCN6081
        DSCN6031
        Good time! Chop Meet photos
        Absolutely a blast of a time, loved the ride up, location, clean air (that's pretty rare for us dudes that live in L.A. so bare with me on that one), didn't so much mind the $40 door fee once I saw all teh baggers turning around at the gate (as if the flyers didn't clearly say $40. a head). Kept the chaps and wallet chains to a minimum.

Comment

• Bret
          • Apr 2010

Great pics! Where was the Chop Meet held?

Comment

• SledsandSickles
            • Aug 2009

few more miss this oneClick image for larger version

Name:	126_CM082.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1239469

Comment

• billdozer
              • Apr 2024

IMG_0999

The Chop Meet was our attempt at a more open, mainstream event a couple years ago. We had good bands, lots of awesome vendors and a great location with camping in the woods, complete with real bears. It was in Wrightwood CA at the Mt. High ski resort. The entry fee was steep, $40, but every bike that came in was automatically entered in the bike show, and we had the Whitewalls, Revolution Mother and Throw Rag play. Doing a legit event, paying for permits, real bands, renting the resort, etc cost a fortune. In the end we lost money and while the "core" riders had a blast and didn't complain, we learned that putting fliers up all over and inviting "bikers" of all types was a bad idea. Some broad was bitching on the way out about how bad one band sucked and when I asked her what she paid for entry and gas to get there she told me $50. I gave her $60 cash and told her to fuck off and go home. She did. Later that summer Social Distortion played for free at San Diego HD and they had $1.00 PBR's all day. How do you compete with that? It was at that point that we figured it wasn't worth doing big events and inviting the sort of people who expect to be entertained because they bought an overpriced motorcycle and accompanying lifestyle.

The support from vendors, swappers and people who "got it" was overwhelmingly positive, but putting up with those douche-gliders and their bitches was more than we wanted to do again. Not to mention it took nearly two years to pay back our friend who generously loaned us the dough to do it in the first place. Nothing like tapping every friend you have to work for you and charging your other bros $40 to get in and still losing money in the end! Big thanks to everyone who participated one way or another. (Except that one broad!)

The whole experiment was fun, but it just cemented the idea that what we were good at, and what we enjoy doing, is throwing free parties and ride-oriented events like the Slab City Riot and El Diablo Runs. The following year we did the Biltwell Bash at Lake Skinner. Way less moving parts and just as much fun, without all the expense and hassle.

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by billdozer
                IMG_0999

The Chop Meet was our attempt at a more open, mainstream event a couple years ago. We had good bands, lots of awesome vendors and a great location with camping in the woods, complete with real bears. It was in Wrightwood CA at the Mt. High ski resort. The entry fee was steep, $40, but every bike that came in was automatically entered in the bike show, and we had the Whitewalls, Revolution Mother and Throw Rag play. Doing a legit event, paying for permits, real bands, renting the resort, etc cost a fortune. In the end we lost money and while the "core" riders had a blast and didn't complain, we learned that putting fliers up all over and inviting "bikers" of all types was a bad idea. Some broad was bitching on the way out about how bad one band sucked and when I asked her what she paid for entry and gas to get there she told me $50. I gave her $60 cash and told her to fuck off and go home. She did. Later that summer Social Distortion played for free at San Diego HD and they had $1.00 PBR's all day. How do you compete with that? It was at that point that we figured it wasn't worth doing big events and inviting the sort of people who expect to be entertained because they bought an overpriced motorcycle and accompanying lifestyle.

The support from vendors, swappers and people who "got it" was overwhelmingly positive, but putting up with those douche-gliders and their bitches was more than we wanted to do again. Not to mention it took nearly two years to pay back our friend who generously loaned us the dough to do it in the first place. Nothing like tapping every friend you have to work for you and charging your other bros $40 to get in and still losing money in the end! Big thanks to everyone who participated one way or another. (Except that one broad!)

The whole experiment was fun, but it just cemented the idea that what we were good at, and what we enjoy doing, is throwing free parties and ride-oriented events like the Slab City Riot and El Diablo Runs. The following year we did the Biltwell Bash at Lake Skinner. Way less moving parts and just as much fun, without all the expense and hassle.
                Was Candy Rocks (Girl in the pic) the girl that complained? Or did you just post cause she's hot? Just curios, cause I would do some dirty, dirty things to that girl...

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                  • Apr 2024

Oh, shit! No. Ya have the wrong take on Candy Rocks participation 110% at a 90* angle. She was one of us who stood threw all the bar kick outs till the bitter, bitter end! Wont comment on that as far as her situation is concerned. Ask her yourself.

Damn Bill! I had always thought ya guys broke close to even. Sorry to hear what went down money wise...

On the way home I was thinking (looking at the desert floor decending from the off road) how cool it would be to do the same thing w/o the vendors, etc. And then ya all did the BASH and killed us all with fun, booze, good food, and a world class hangover that lasted me three days!

$40 to get in at the Meet was never an issue for anyone who didnt read about it in Bagger magazine. What? Three or four people complained about it on the JJ? I spent more $$$ on that one event renting a cabin and on much more shit than the admission than I do now for a whole summer of events!. And would do it again in a second if I had the $$$ these days! I thought it a privilage to spend $40 to not see all the twin cams and baggers at an event!

Ya, the deal went bad at the time cuz Street Chopper was in the dumps, DEAD after the money was payed. Your add money was sent else where cuz there was no more street chopper. I remember that much. Didnt know any of you turds at the time. Hahaha. That was the word going around the flea area. Toph kicked down and split it up in the other two rags. Thats where all the baggers came from. Thanks Jeff and Toph, for bringing SC Back to life! Although the fact that they were all turning away from the best (at the time) event EVER, just made it all that more special! I mean, its one of the things that cemented it in my brain. Baggers dont like the Chop Meet? Fuck em! This is the best party EVER! Hahaha! Fuck em twice! Happy as sin for the fact! I remember walking out into the parking lot once to take some pix and there were over 100 bikes, but not one I wanted to waste a shot on.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As far as I'm concerned, this WAS the major party that changed the way moto partys are done now in So Cal. Now So Cal is Mecca for moto. Has always been, but how we recognize it as Mecca for Moto today has alot to do with what came out of the Chop Meet. Thanks guys! Dont want so suck any dicks or anything, but I'll gladly beat the shit out of ya all with wiffle ball bats next November! Hahahaha!
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2010, 2:20 AM.

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by SledsandSickles
                    http://www.sledsandsickles.net/chopmeet08.html

few more miss this one[ATTACH]7170[/ATTACH]
                    I'm stealing a few of those pix for the blog! Good stuff!

Comment

• CRFyou
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BlueCollarMoto
                      I remember walking out into the parking lot once to take some pix and there were over 100 bikes, but not one I wanted to waste a shot on.
                      FUCKER! MY bike was in the parking lot!

i got there late so we're probably good. i'm sure you went out to bagger land before i got there. hahaha.

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by CRFyou
                        FUCKER! MY bike was in the parking lot!
                        Haaaaahahaha!

Yes I am a FUCKER!

All I saw though was baggers.

Great pix!

Comment

• CRFyou
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by BlueCollarMoto
                          Haaaaahahaha!

Yes I am a FUCKER!

All I saw though was baggers.

Great pix!
                          if someone put bags on my triumph while i was in the show, i'm gonna be pissed.

PLEASE IF ANYONE SEES PICS OF MY TRIUMPH WITH BAGS, DELETE THEM!

Comment

• H34TH3N
                            • Aug 2009

Ahhh the fuckin Chop Meet....the last fuckin kick ass show to be held in california that you werent tryin to eat a fuckin sandwich in a dirt parking lot while some drunk asshole spins laps on a 400 dollar xs.lol Good fuckin times the chopmeet was. Nice fuckin area, beautiful scenery and riding, lots of bars and white women. Ahhh well its always expensive to be in the nice parts of town. Guess its shitholes and wonderin if yer bike is still in the lot from here on out. Miss the fuckin chopmeet........good stuff.

Comment

• jonnyrtn
                              • Aug 2009

Heathens mad cause his bald girlfriend left him...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;