Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tat2dMISFIT
    • Apr 2024

DIY Builders Parts

Hey everyone Im working on putting different kits together for the home builder. I am posting this for some input from home builders and any fabricators that have positive ideas. my goal is to keep stuff built in the USA and be affordable. Im not the type of guy trying to get rich just keep a few bills paid to keep more parts coming out. Just looking to see what would help make things easier. Custom tools are in the works too. Also if anyone is looking for that thing they cant find let me know and i might be able to get it out of hiding.
  • oldmansporty63
    • Jan 2010

a basic pre-made wiring system with simple instructions for those of us who are schematically challenged would be nice.

Comment

• superflysnow
      • Aug 2009

the bar kits look great, I will be picking one up here in a few days to mess around with. I think plate bracket, seat bracket and sissy bar kits could be well received. For the sissy kits, it would be cool to include implements to mount a light and plate. I know there are other kits out there which are fine, but the were not what I was looking for. You could do tall and short kits, offer pre-bent sides, crossbars, rings, bungs etc... a way to source pre-bent heavy gauge steel parts for a "home builder" to make a one off design...

Comment

• garbage
        • Apr 2024

Looks cool to me. Maybe some motor mounts.

Comment

• MegaDON666
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by superflysnow
          the bar kits look great, I will be picking one up here in a few days to mess around with. I think plate bracket, seat bracket and sissy bar kits could be well received. For the sissy kits, it would be cool to include implements to mount a light and plate. I know there are other kits out there which are fine, but the were not what I was looking for. You could do tall and short kits, offer pre-bent sides, crossbars, rings, bungs etc... a way to source pre-bent heavy gauge steel parts for a "home builder" to make a one off design...
          +1 The longest part of my rebuild has been the fabrications, Tabs, Bungs, Brackets, Mounts
          Last edited by MegaDON666; 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

• CMA406
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by oldmansporty63
            a basic pre-made wiring system with simple instructions for those of us who are schematically challenged would be nice.
            i used to think the same thing would be great, but to be honest the wiring in every bike can be so different, i thinks its better just to really get a solid understanding of what is going on within your wiring, and then youll have the know how to troubleshoot it on the side of the road, which ive done many times.... jmo

Comment

• TimB1640
              • Nov 2009

do you have any pictures or a website?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;