Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanley
    • Apr 2024

help with my idea

hey i would like to know how much it will cost to make a harley sportster 883 and then make it like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7lRZ4RRnPA
    and what would you recommend to make it with a used bike or a brand newbike???? i will wait for your answers and thanks in advance of your answers and i also will want to add it a second sit like this you know for the girls, and by the way i am 1.60 cm 160lb because i saw a hd sportster and for me that was a heavy bike but i like the sound of the bike it is just badass and i want to make it lighter
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 9:04 AM.
  • me
    • Dec 2009

is this a joke?

Comment

• oldmansporty63
      • Jan 2010

i say go whole hog and buy brand new. then cut everything off except the engine. sell all the parts to finance your project.

Comment

• Boston
        • Apr 2024

You are over you head by just needing to ask us.

Boston

Comment

• gravelveins
          • Aug 2009

why don't you just hit up the bratstyle guys themselves...that bike is for sale.

Comment

• stanley
            • Apr 2024

no it's not a joke , i dont have experience in this of cutsomize the bike so i asked you guys because you have major experience than me and i appreciate the guys who took me serious... thanks and i alredy look for the website but i could'nt see it neither on sale
            Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 8:42 AM.

Comment

• StoneHead
              • Nov 2009

You realize thats not a sporty right? (the first one)

And to answer your question, you'd be better off keeping an eye on the boards and buy one thats configured similarly to what you want. there are plenty around.
              Last edited by StoneHead; 08-29-2010, 8:47 AM.

Comment

• stanley
                • Apr 2024

of course the second one it's not , i just like the seats of the second one
                Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 8:54 AM.

Comment

• Drake93
                  • Jun 2010

For a beginer, none of the mods involved are gonna be that easy. Hovever, if you take the time to plan the project, ask all the questions you can think of, do LOTS of independant research, and have a lot of heart and determination... it could be done.

An ironhead in decent shape, fairly stock, will run you around 2,000-3,000 US on EBay. An evo sporty, maybe 4-5,000 if it's around ten or so years old. Newer ones go up towards 10,000.

Either way, plan on throwing some money at the rebuild. For what you're looking at doing, maybe another 5,000 as an estimate, maybe more. Maybe a little less. It depends on how much you can do yourself, where you get your parts, whether you have all the tools you'll need, alot of factors.

If you have some welding and fabrication skills, great. If not so much, find a friend that does and get him/her into the project. I got my bro, a much better welder than I'll ever be, to help me because he was working on a bike too. We shared garage space alot, I did alot of his engine rebuild and he took care of the welding we both needed. It was fun and we didn't worry about how long things took as long as we had tunes and beer. It's the best way

Good Luck

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by stanley
                    of course the second one it's not , i just like the seats of the second one
                    Actually the second one IS a sportster, the first is a shovel! jus sayin. But really man, if you want to learn just pick up what ever you can on the cheap. Your first bike you will make mistakes, lots of them.

Comment

• Drake93
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MileHighMurdercycle
                      Your first bike you will make mistakes, lots of them.
                      Ain't that the fuckin' truth.

Comment

• stanley
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Drake93
                        For a beginer, none of the mods involved are gonna be that easy. Hovever, if you take the time to plan the project, ask all the questions you can think of, do LOTS of independant research, and have a lot of heart and determination... it could be done.

An ironhead in decent shape, fairly stock, will run you around 2,000-3,000 US on EBay. An evo sporty, maybe 4-5,000 if it's around ten or so years old. Newer ones go up towards 10,000.

Either way, plan on throwing some money at the rebuild. For what you're looking at doing, maybe another 5,000 as an estimate, maybe more. Maybe a little less. It depends on how much you can do yourself, where you get your parts, whether you have all the tools you'll need, alot of factors.

If you have some welding and fabrication skills, great. If not so much, find a friend that does and get him/her into the project. I got my bro, a much better welder than I'll ever be, to help me because he was working on a bike too. We shared garage space alot, I did alot of his engine rebuild and he took care of the welding we both needed. It was fun and we didn't worry about how long things took as long as we had tunes and beer. It's the best way

Good Luck
                        thanks man for your advice

Comment

• Drake93
                          • Jun 2010

Another, maybe simpler idea... there's a pretty nice Ironhead sporty on the classifieds right now, nice price.

Comment

• MileHighMurdercycle
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Drake93
                            Another, maybe simpler idea... there's a pretty nice Ironhead sporty on the classifieds right now, nice price.
                            I'm assuming from the way he typed his height/weight he is not in the states.

Comment

• stanley
                              • Apr 2024

i am cheking it right now thanks

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;